Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
INUYASHA
rank 4
Posted:
Sun May 30, 2004 8:40 pm
quote : #31
profile : pm
I'm glad to read your post and I begining make my own web page.
of course all information in ther it's about of Dreamcast and the games more played, it still offline; when I'll finish it I put the web address in my profiles.

INUYASHA
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:23 am
quote : #32
I havn't been here long but I gotta admit u've done a TOP job here NIkon.. I really do feel at home with the hardcore of the hardcore... I play so much PSO you wouldn't believe lol and this site has done a lot for my game. I think the game schedule is one of the best features.. since coming here I've met several new peeps who all play legit! ......... quality!
Also I just simply love being able to share my knowledge with others and visa versa.. The PSO section alone has several new posts every day and it roks!

Keep up the good work! \ _ Cool _/ |_ Very Happy _| \_ Cool _/
Posted:
Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:38 pm
quote : #33
Coffee smoke and OC is the best start setup when U know your day will be hard. Smile
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:25 pm
quote : #34
Cool
If it was not for OC, I would have never realized that DC still had online gaming capabilities. And for that I am greatful, "especialy the PAL PSO VER 2 info". I just recently bought a PS2, and I did not plan on being online with my DC much in the near future...until I heard this. I was talking today to some new guy in Germany on Quake3. This guy stated that he had a friend who works for an online game company.

He said his friend plans on reviving Alien Front Online for the SEGA Dreamcast in 2005. I am not sure if this information is true, but if it is, I might just be on my Dreamcast a litle longer then I thought.
runamok*77*{OC}
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:49 pm
quote : #35
its bull shit
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:52 pm
quote : #36
Type: NTSC-U/C
runamok*77* wrote:
Cool
If it was not for OC, I would have never realized that DC still had online gaming capabilities. And for that I am greatful, "especialy the PAL PSO VER 2 info". I just recently bought a PS2, and I did not plan on being online with my DC much in the near future...until I heard this. I was talking today to some new guy in Germany on Quake3. This guy stated that he had a friend who works for an online game company.

He said his friend plans on reviving Alien Front Online for the SEGA Dreamcast in 2005. I am not sure if this information is true, but if it is, I might just be on my Dreamcast a litle longer then I thought.
runamok*77*{OC}

yea everyone says they have a friend of a friend, or some guy they heard....blah blah. Just don't believe this stuff. People come on here all the time saying they are going to bring some game back online, yet they have ZERO programming experience.

Usually when something gets done as far as programming is concerned, it just appears out of no where. People 'announcing' before hand that they are going to bring a game back online usually don't know what they are doing. They like making big announcements for attention on message boards or in online games.

Notice all major announcements have come along out of the blue with no prior warning. This is how it will continue to happen in the future.
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:21 pm
quote : #37
hopfuly none of that was aimed at UKRockers...

The sad thing about the dreamcast is thought out the day F355 is empty .... StarLancer is Empty ... 4x4 Evo has ppl here and there... Quake 3 Arena has a few here and there...

When is the most busy time to be on .. for Dreamcast Online gaming...

is PBA packed ? is that where you are all hiding ? I wish someone would get it working and fully bootable on a PAL machine not messing around with burning it a different way.....

4x4 evo didn't connect today for some reason... can PBA bowling the PC version host and play vs DC users?
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:08 pm
quote : #38
[UKR]DreamcastUK wrote:
The sad thing about the dreamcast is thought out the day F355 is empty .... StarLancer is Empty ... 4x4 Evo has ppl here and there... Quake 3 Arena has a few here and there...

is PBA packed ? is that where you are all hiding ? I wish someone would get it working and fully bootable on a PAL machine not messing around with burning it a different way.....

Well if you look at how many people actually post at this website, and then how many people actually own each game and then how many people have functioning internet access via dialup or a DC bba, then you will get a good understanding of the situation. Where are we all hiding? People arn't hiding UKR, there arn't enough gamers to keep the lists full with games 24/7. Lets take starlancer for instance, how many people do you think are actually playing this game online at the moment world wide? 20? maybe 30 people TOTAL world wide on the dreamcast.

This isn't sad. It's reality. The Dreamcast online gaming community is not as large as you think it is.
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:45 pm
quote : #39
looks like someone didn't have his coffie this morning Laughing

The community is so small because:
-Most people don't give a rats ass about the DC anymore
-Those who do even own one only 1/10,000 might know that some games are still online thanks to SOA saying all games for the DC are offline
-Of the people who know there are still a few online, how many of them own one of the games? Or even like playing the same game online for years and years, there is only so much of a game you can play before your just bored with it and move on
-How many of those gamers can find a working ISP that doesnt tank in 3 months to even play the games
-People all don't live in the same time zone, so this makes the very small % of ppl still playing even smaller in apperance
-What about the people who only had one true love for DC online gaming? Once they game is gone so are they...
-there are more reasons im sure...

I think Q3 and PSO are timeless games, you can play those things for days and they are still fun. Games like StarLancer however can get old quick, the fact its missing music for its online play and its controls are odd even makes me kind not like playing it online so much as the other games. The reasons why this community is small all overlap and its amazing so many are out there (look at OC's member count and figure in all the others who don't know a thing about this place)

runamok*77*
rank 4
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:02 am
quote : #40
lordnikon wrote:
[UKR]DreamcastUK wrote:

Well if you look at how many people actually post at this website, and then how many people actually own each game and then how many people have functioning internet access via dialup or a DC bba, then you will get a good understanding of the situation. Where are we all hiding? People arn't hiding UKR, there arn't enough gamers to keep the lists full with games 24/7. Lets take starlancer for instance, how many people do you think are actually playing this game online at the moment world wide? 20? maybe 30 people TOTAL world wide on the dreamcast.

This isn't sad. It's reality. The Dreamcast online gaming community is not as large as you think it is.

I think about what you said, and I think this is one of the number one reasons why I admire the Dreamcast so much Lordnikon. I think in my personal opinion that Dreamcast is exclusive. If it was still popular, I doubt I would like it. Besides being the first gaming console with a built in modem, I think the SEGA Dreamcast has alot of class. I see the SEGA Dreamcast as an turnable that keeps playing my favorite vinyl.
"VINYL AKA ONLINE GAMES"
runamok*77*{OC}
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:52 am
quote : #41
hello from a newbie here.

It seems the people who are involved with this site have done myself and all dreamcast nuts a big favour.

My only wish/request is for more people to play F355!! It is a masterpiece and such a waste that the online function is largely ignored.

[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:43 am
quote : #42
ok Smile I have read what the two big guns here said...

Everytime I go on any format / game / server with my gamertag on everything being DreamcastUK people ask why Dreamcast and I say it is a great console and I Still play it online to date and the reply always is "I thought SEGA closed all the servers" and when I tell them no there is a few games still online enabled they ask how to get online and I always point to the ONLINECONSOLES site.

but there must be other sites out there like this which a group of DC online Users go to ... to chat and meet up for games... Don't say DCE as I hate that site

StarLancer no one is ever on at all ! anytime of the day and night early hours and around US time zones as well..

If there was a way to have private servers for the games like Bomberman and the ones like that which some time ago people said there were a few people having private games online then UKRockers would be happy to pay and we don't care how much to get these games fully online but I would hate to see empty servers..

Thats why games magazines should let people know about Dreamcast Online still fully active and SEGA should let people know as well (I know they wont do that and this section here would be you lot reply to the post to but don't)

UKRockers will be holding this LAN event and do UK promoting for the Dreamcast Online side of things and let people know it is still fully working online ... I would love to see the day the DC online is fully back and getting at least more then 2 people in a server...
No matter what game I go on people say the dreamcast was a great console but it still is you can't beat games like F355 Challenge...

Thats why I am happy to be a big DC fan Smile and we have a massive online TV Channel coming soon which will have loads of online footage of Dreamcast Online games and the greats offline and thats why I wanted to do lots of meet ups so we could record people playing haivng fun and chatting online Smile and you can see yourself / scores and kills online Smile
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:58 pm
quote : #43
ooh a tv channell, could you explain?
rank 5
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:48 pm
quote : #44
I agree that many of us are just plain sick of some of these Dc online games.We need something NEW.I heard awhile back of a new online Dc rpg homebrew game,but it seems to have vanished.Anyone know anything about this?
PSo has really just turned into a glorified chat room.I played that game(and it's measly 4 stages) for hundereds and hundreds of hours.I don't think I'll ever play it again,I'm just so damn sick of it.It WAS great,but it's time has come and gone as far as many of us are concerned.F355 greatest flaw is it's online play.Ghost races just don't cut it for many.I think it's great for what it is,but AT LEAST give us a way to chat during or between races!4x4 evo blows that game out of the water,in my opinion(and I hear 4x4 may be gone now,I hope not).Starlancer looks and plays fantastic online,but I think the reason(or one of them)it was never too popular was because you can't set frag limits or anything like that.That's a HUGE oversighte!People would just come and go,and it was VERY difficult to keep score.There should of been an 'end of game',like Quake 3 has.I go online with my Dc everyday,and have since 2AM on 9/9/99(I'm posting this with my Dc).I'm hoping a new Dc online game does happen,and that that new Dc magazine W/the new demos takes off.If not I feel in my heart that as the next generation of consoles start to arrive,Dc online gaming may go the way of the Xband.Sure,you COULD still play Dc online,but it's becoming harder and harder to because the OTHER systems have online games and online functions that are now so far ahead of anything Dc has to offer.Dammitt I love the Dreamcast,but I feel that a HEALTHY and EXPANDING online community is just not in it's future:(

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:18 pm
quote : #45
Sea-Monkey wrote:
I agree that many of us are just plain sick of some of these Dc online games.We need something NEW.I heard awhile back of a new online Dc rpg homebrew game,but it seems to have vanished.Anyone know anything about this?
PSo has really just turned into a glorified chat room.I played that game(and it's measly 4 stages) for hundereds and hundreds of hours.I don't think I'll ever play it again,I'm just so damn sick of it.It WAS great,but it's time has come and gone as far as many of us are concerned.F355 greatest flaw is it's online play.Ghost races just don't cut it for many.I think it's great for what it is,but AT LEAST give us a way to chat during or between races!4x4 evo blows that game out of the water,in my opinion(and I hear 4x4 may be gone now,I hope not).Starlancer looks and plays fantastic online,but I think the reason(or one of them)it was never too popular was because you can't set frag limits or anything like that.That's a HUGE oversighte!People would just come and go,and it was VERY difficult to keep score.There should of been an 'end of game',like Quake 3 has.I go online with my Dc everyday,and have since 2AM on 9/9/99(I'm posting this with my Dc).I'm hoping a new Dc online game does happen,and that that new Dc magazine W/the new demos takes off.If not I feel in my heart that as the next generation of consoles start to arrive,Dc online gaming may go the way of the Xband.Sure,you COULD still play Dc online,but it's becoming harder and harder to because the OTHER systems have online games and online functions that are now so far ahead of anything Dc has to offer.Dammitt I love the Dreamcast,but I feel that a HEALTHY and EXPANDING online community is just not in it's future:(

There are a lot of gamers....actually most gamers....who play video games, and jump from one new thing to the next, to the next...to the next.....to the next. For these people, nothing can be done. A lot of gamers come here, get sorta excited about Dreamcast online....just because it wasn't something they were doing last week. So its suddenly a new thing for them. After 2 weeks. Their bored. Nothing can be done about these people.

No 'new' games area coming out.

What you see is what you get.

If playing ghost races online, or fragging in Q3 Arena...or playing PSO...isn't your cup of tea. Then don't play. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. If your bored, and your really not playing your Dreamcast at all even. Sell it. That would be my advice.

The people that are going to still be playing online with their Dreamcasts are people that are at the top tier of the spectrum. Not just casual gamers using this as their quick fix for now. They will continue to play games like Quake 3 Arena and 4x4 evo online overtime because its something they are generally interested in doing.

I was just playing F355 Challenge online with Tao the other night, and we had so much fun playing.

* shrugs *

I'm just gonna keep on playing my Dreamcast online, because I want to. If it's me and 1 other friend playing online, and nobody else is online ever. Then I would continue to play.

If your not satisfied with what your getting from the Dreamcast then there is nothing that can be done.