Page 1 of 1
moi
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:15 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi!

Yesterday I've created an ISAO account and one hour ago I have tried playing the japanese version of F355 online.
The game connects and I can select a track and difficulty then the list of gamers(1 gamer, who is me i guess) appears.
A woman voice says something in Japanese and the only selection i can make is pressing B which disconnects me from the server...
What exactly does it mean ? Nobody is playing f355jp or may the reason be that im using a 50hz version of it(loaded via utopia bootdisc)?

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:11 pm
quote : #2
You did everything correctly.

The Japanese voice, if it's stating the same thing as the English version, is basically telling you that the game is waiting for other racers to arrive. Unfortunately, there weren't any other racers when you logged on. This is typical these days as there aren't many people actively playing Dreamcast games online anymore. F355 is a great game online, but it would be better if the game had a true lobby where you could view or chat with other potential racers.

For F355, your best bet for catching a race is to check the race schedules listed on this site. It's a lot of fun.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:38 pm
quote : #3
Just to second what grills said, yes you have done everything right. Next time you play just wait there until the number of entries runs up...

If you go on GMT 9pm Tuesday and Thursday you will have people to race against. I play every chance I get. That's the only organised race I know of. Get on there and give it a bash Cool my username is LeSpank if you ever see me online!

moi
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:56 am
quote : #4
thank you both Le Spank and kingofgrills for your kind replys!
I could race for the first time yesterday, but couldnt qualify and got "kicked" after i rejoind the player i have been playing against left...
I should practice more I guess.

So it is possible to race against US players using the JP version?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
moi wrote:
...So it is possible to race against US players using the JP version?

Yep! US, UK and JP players can all play against each other :]
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:35 am
quote : #6
lordnikon wrote:
Yep! US, UK and JP players can all play against each other :]

That's cool! Now i hope my isao account wont be deleted in the next days!

Werent there any F355 fansites with tips and tricks? I really should become better before play online and cant qualify for any race... Wink

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:34 am
quote : #7
Type: PAL
I was jus wondering as youve managed to get online with the jap F355 hav u managed to get online with any other jap games like chu chu rocket?
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:31 pm
quote : #8
There are a few tips on fast starts and things located in the F355 section of this site. There's not that many threads, so if you scan through you should find some good stuff.

Also, if you search the web you should find some good F355 stuff too. I used to do that, and my searches always came back with some hard core Japanese fan sites that were pretty funny. Many of the racers kept trying to build the ultimate driving setup like the arcade game. One guy built a platform/racing frame out of welded steel tubing, and to that he mounted a real racing bucket, steering controller and pedals, and computer screen. It was totally cool, but it was hysterical since he lived with his wife in a tiny ass Tokyo studio apartment. This setup took a quarter of his entire living space. Until you've spent time over there, you probably won't realize how cramped everything can be.

I'll see if I saved those links, and if so, I'll post them. They inspired me to build a racing cockpit setup - someday.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:34 am
quote : #9
haha, I'd love to see the look on his wifes face when she comes home and sees this home made F355 cabinet in the middle of their house. That's proper dedication to sega.

I found an actual ferrari owners forum and they were talking about f355 challenge and how they could go about buying the arcade cabinet! nice.