Topic: PSO Ver. 2 JP

Page 1 of 1
aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:28 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I can get this game in mint condition, but I was wondering if I could get online with it for free? What's the deal with it's online capabilities?

Cheers Smile

Dragonfox
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:59 am
quote : #2
No, it's pay to play unfortunately. I don't recall how much it was but I do remember there is a monthly charge on it.

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:43 am
quote : #3
Its gonna requre not only a JP hunters liscense, but also an ISAO account, which is kinda hard to come by. I recommend not buying the JP version...get the PAL version instead. I payed $35 usd (shipped) for mine and my goodness...it was worth every penny...
Posted:
Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:06 am
quote : #4
Ok thanks for the help fellas.

MasterChuck
rank 6
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:16 pm
quote : #5
Sorry to bring back an old topic, but this pertains to me too. I bought JP v2 back in the day when it was released from NCSX, and it's been years since I've played. Anyway, I have a Dricas/ISAO account from back then and a lv 200 char with tons of awesome shit, and was wondering IF Sega still sells JP hunter's licenses, can I connect to the JP servers with the game from the US?

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:58 pm
quote : #6
If you have a Isao account that works your one lucky sob, all you will have to do it buy a HL for the DC version (yep still selling them) and hop online, doesn't matter where in the world you are Smile

meseta
unknown
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:09 am
quote : #7
aflyingcow wrote:
I can get this game in mint condition, but I was wondering if I could get online with it for free? What's the deal with it's online capabilities?

Cheers Smile

Mint or not, it's still used, yes? You have no way of obtaning a new serial short of emailing Sonic Team - in Japanese.

As for an HL, it's extremely cheap, about $9/3 months. And as I have also said before, if you are a paying ISAO user, for example with an HL, it doesn't matter if your account is 'killed' on chabsign even two days after you create it, like mine. Your ISAO info will still be valid for logging into the HL purchase screen etcetera, which is also very simple.
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:39 am
quote : #8
Well I still have my chabsign and Dricas account information written down from 2001 when I was an avid JP v2 player. I haven't played since then so I don't know if my account was killed or not (didn't know they did that - could you explain to me how to check to see if my account is still active?). I am a lv200 HUmar on JP v2 and would hate to have to buy the PAL version to play online.

Btw, do you remember that JP v2 DC online set-up guide that PSOWorld.com had back in the DC golden days that took you step-by-step through the ISP set-up for JP v2? I remember it was a complicated process, and if you happen to know the link to that outstanding guide, please don't hesitate to post it to help a fellow PSO fan. Thank you.

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:52 pm
quote : #9
One easy way of testing your chab account is by actually setting your account up in DreamPassport 3 or Premier. If you have a DreamPassport, and need help in how to get chab set up, let me know. Its really easy.

EDIT: Actually, it can be done with the DP 3.15 on the PSOv2 disc and a PW to set the ISP data on slot 1 back to normal.
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:58 pm
quote : #10
I've just decided to buy the PAL version, as it's too much of a hassle to get JP v2 up and running again for me. Question though: does the PAL version of PSO v2 work the same as US v1 in the sense that you type in your ISP info on the PW browser disc and save to the system's temp. memory or does it involve the complicated process the JP version does?

SoldierBlade
rank 14
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:08 pm
quote : #11
Nope, no complicated process with the PAL version. You can use the ISP you set up in your DC with PW or you can use the included Dreamkey 3 disc to input ISP info just the same. Its just like using the US version....only with a boot disc lol
Posted:
Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:11 pm
quote : #12
Awesome, thanks for the information. Definitely looking forward to this arriving. Smile