Topic: Lan Games?

Page 1 of 1
Shoeless
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:31 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Is there any possible way that you could hook up DC's to play online games but not connect to the internet?
Like if i wanted to play PSO with some friends and we couldnt get online could we connect our DC's to a hub, Together, or prehaps a PC?
and if you cant is there anyway this could ever happen? like softwere being created for a PC to allow multi DC hookup?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:13 pm
quote : #2
not possible. we would need a reverse engineer. It will never happen I'm afraid because it would take months, probably years.
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:51 pm
quote : #3
What do you mean?

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:59 pm
quote : #4
some with years of engineering would have to change the game. why would someone who could be payed to make games not be paid anything for games a lot of people don't care about?
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:52 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
Shoeless wrote:
Is there any possible way that you could hook up DC's to play online games but not connect to the internet? Like if i wanted to play PSO with some friends and we couldnt get online could we connect our DC's to a hub, Together, or prehaps a PC? and if you cant is there anyway this could ever happen? like softwere being created for a PC to allow multi DC hookup?

Yes you can do this with games that support the system link cable, also known as the dreamcast vs cable. A maximum of 2 dreamcasts can be connected. Check the online game list for the list of 5 games that support the cable.

You can also LAN quake 3 arena, however this would require broadband adaptors and a central PC server.

Also check the VS Cable forum for more discussions on games that support the vs cable:
http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=25