Page Location: Home > Past Online Games > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
I know this might sound crazy. But I have been keeping the bot count lower in UT lately. I have been keeping it capped at 3-4 bots per map. Why? Framerate. The framerate stays pretty much dead on with no more than 3-4 bots in any of the maps. The game just plays a lot better. I'm gonna even be going through the maps finding out what each maps true limit is before you start seeing hits in the framerate.

Depot with 3 bots is BUTTER smooth. Highly recommended.
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:00 pm
quote : #2
thanks for the info! However, I thought there were only up to 3 bots at a time? Or is that just multiplayer deathmatch?
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:08 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I don't know about multiplayer splitscreen deathmatch... but...

When you make practice games just by yourself you can add anywhere between 3-5 bots...(maybe even more on some maps i just can't remember right now). But there is a command you can use as well to add as many bots as you want.

Keeping the bot counts to a low count really helps the framerate though. Also certain maps have less geometry than others making them better environments than certain maps. Where you could add more bots than normal and still have smooth frame rate just because the map is less complex. Which is prolly why Depot runs so smooth. It's mainly just walls. Runs spot on smooth with no onscreen slowdown in depot map.

Last edited by lordnikon on Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:19 pm
quote : #4
thanks for all the info, I'll remember that down the road when I get to play it again