Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
circ
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:50 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I heard that on this game that you just play it by yourself and upload your scores is this true? So you dont actually face each other on the same track battleing it out?

CIRC

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:48 am
quote : #2
this is how it works:

1. You connect to the internet.
2. You chose your track and manual or automatic transmission.
3. It goes to a screen where it says "driver entry" and waits for other people to join the race. This can be as many people as you like.
4. The race starts, you do a ONE lap qualifier on the course of your choice. This is totally on your own.
5. It goes back to a menu screen showing all the online racers names and their lap times from the qualifier. These determine your grid position (i.e. fastest gets pole) right down to racer no.8. If you are slower than racer no. 8 then tough luck you have failed to qualify for the race.
6. It will then go in to the proper race and you will see your car and your car only on the grid position as determined by your qualifying time. You race a full race. Again on your own, you cannot bump in to other drivers or see what they are doing.
7. The game returns to the menu and tells you that it is waiting for other driver to register their data.
8. When all drivers have registered data, you disconnect from the internet and the 'replay' ensues. This is the good bit - you see all of the cars (up to Cool as solid ghosts. You can view any of them from a TV style camera or drivers-eye.
9. The end

Now some people, (mainly the people that suck at the game or haven't even bothered to try it - but some people none the less) will tell you that this is pointless and 'proper' racing would be much better. Give it a try first you might enjoy it, you might not. Personally, I find it one of the most rewarding gaming experiences you can have - whether or not you win or lose shaving .001s from your best lap is just an amazing feeling.

It also helps that this is one of the most solid gaming engines I have ever seen, the graphics are faultless, it will never drop below 60fps even on the most busy replay, the car models look fabulous (easily up to todays graphical standards) and I haven't even got on to the physics of the cars. The only racing game any where near it is sega rally on the saturn.

circ
rank 9
Posted:
Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:45 am
quote : #3
Cheers for that i might get the game. But think about it a little bit, it be cool if you could see each other then like you can see who on the finnishing line just passes and like heart beating to get to the finnishing line. But hey sounds ok so far gota give it a try first.

CIRC

Kidvid711
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:08 am
quote : #4
What this game needs is a chatroom, man I can't stand it Sad everything just takes long, and its hard for me to make it on the schedule time for this game Sad.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:41 am
quote : #5
Well explained Le Spank. (and cheers for the races last night, not played for a while)

Yeah F355 is great. It really adds something extra when you don't know the result as you watch the replay. You get to race, then be the spectator.
I've raced 'real time' (1 secong lag) DC games like Monaco GP2 and 4x4 Evo, but with the lag you had to turn collisions off to make it playable.

355 is a bit like the WRC. You do a time trial, then see the replays with all the cars just like Virtual Spectator on Channel 4 Smile

The graphics/game engine are ace. The handling is the best i've came accross. It's a real simulation. F355 left my copy of GT3 gathering dust.

The regular games are Tuesdays + Thursdays at 9:00:00 pm GMT. Races every 20 minutes.

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:13 am
quote : #6
jools, what screen name do you race under?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:41 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
i hav to say its ace online ope i see y'all tomorrow (BTW my screen name is mcmopnkey but if i havnt loaded it up ill be in the black f355 with the number 66)
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:25 pm
quote : #8
i don't make it onto the track very much these days, but i raced as JMC. Boring name next to you guys - LeSpank the McMonkey? lol

darkooga
rank 19
Posted:
Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:11 pm
quote : #9
man jools, u like kick everyone ass when u race them though.
Posted:
Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:21 am
quote : #10
ahhhh, JMC.
Nice racing with you too mate! I didn't come on Thursday but I'll see you next week.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:41 pm
quote : #11
I was just popping in to see who was racing these days (great to see Fuka and Vmax from Japan) and if i could still keep it on the black stuff. I'll slip back into retirement now Wink
I think the next Championship is on Tuesday at 9pmGMT, not sure cos i can't connect to f355.tsx.org at the moment. Good luck if you're racing.
Would be cool to have the F355 Championships in the Tournament section. I could never get that link to work though :/