Page 1 of 1
anti_flag_army
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:03 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U
i know that a million people have asked this but im gonna ask it again ne way. i am at a friends house right know and he has a really fast connection so i want to DL half life while im here, but on his comp u cant DL and install any programs, so i need some link that is a direct download because i cant use any thing like bitTorrent or any p2p programs, and i cant find any thing using the search feature.

it would be really cool if any one could help me out.... or hook me up with the game by sending it to me like by snail mail or somthin

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:17 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
The rar'd ISO is 285mb. So snail mail would be impossible.

I currently don't know of any places to acquire the file on the net as a direct download. Only bittorrent and direct connect. You'd have to install software for those though :/

Maybe try searching google, and see if something crops up. Gotta break out the searching skills to track down a file hosted on HTTP. It is possible to find stuff...large files hosted right on the net for direct download...

Just takes time, patience, and persistance.
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:39 am
quote : #3
try out this link:

http://www.mandos.org/Files/John/Dreamcast/Dreamcast%20-%20Half-Life%20%5bcdi%5d.rar
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:06 am
quote : #4
^ Yea, thats the link i got it from. No one would happen to have the link to download Propeller Arena would they?
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:06 am
quote : #5
I got Half Life from a FTP server, but still it's only running in 50 Hz mode, which can be really annoying. Rolling Eyes There are not only some framerate problems, but also large beams covering a considerable part of the TV (called "PAL-Balken" in Germany Mr. Green [not funny, though]). I've heard/ read that the game is automatically choosing the display mode depending on the DC-System you run HL on. Therefore, I tried to patch it to 60 Hz, without success.

Any further suggestions??

BTW: The link doesn't work (anymore?).

HoLy MaN
rank 4
Posted:
Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:31 pm
quote : #6
can u play the DC version of half life online and can u play with other people on the same DC and were do i find this download for it or were can i buy it

DatBoyScrooge
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:38 am
quote : #7
HoLy MaN wrote:
can u play the DC version of half life online and can u play with other people on the same DC and were do i find this download for it or were can i buy it

it doesn't have any online features, but if you want to download, click on the link i provided above. it still should be an active link and the download works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing i can say i dont like about half life are the huge saves it takes up.
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:49 pm
quote : #8
You can always request for them in binary newsgroups you know...