Topic: HP Materials?

Page 1 of 1
limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:45 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I keep dying on the final boss mode in offline mode because one of his attacks kills me off completely, even when my health is fully charged. my max HP is 199, so I was gonna get a bunch of HP Materials so I could survive his attack and beat the game
there's one problem, though.
I can't find any. I could have sworn I had some in the bank, but it must have been on my gamecube character. about what level do they show up in the store? I'm a level 30 Ramar, in case that helps any.
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:26 pm
quote : #2
i dont think any materials show up in stores on dreamcast pso, they only appear in item boxes, anyway are you talking about normal or hard dark falz? if your talking normal, 30 is about the right level to beat him but 199 wont be enough, you need to find some hp boosters like dragon hp or a defense booster, add some of these to your frame and maybe a power one as well to kill him quicker. hp materials are rare depending on your section id.
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 pm
quote : #3
thanks man
about what level/max hp should I be to try him? I'm playing on normal mode, trying to unlock hard mode.
once you unlock hard mode, is it always played in hard, or can you switch from normal<>hard mode in single player like you can on gamecube?
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:30 pm
quote : #4
when you beat normal you get a selection screen of either norm hard v hard or ultimate. i cant remember how quickly i get dark falz done with a new character but i just finished caves and my new guy is around 10 so i would assume 30 would be good for me but my character is a hucast, which means more health and more power. i would suggest another 5 levels also try and get a mag to give you defense at the beginning if you are using a ramar as well as power, forget mind and dex until hes settled in a bit. mind you being a hucast i never worry bout mind.
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:27 pm
quote : #5
Type: PAL
Defense does not help you much at Falz...

Try to boost your Resistances!
Ice, Fire, Light Resist is important.
Falz doesn't use physical attacks, never!
His attacks are either magic or neutral damage.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:38 pm
quote : #6
so when his mines come out and hit you thats not damage? or how about when hes floating in the middle and he shoots the blue energy at you, i guess thats not damage either? or when he swipes at you with his huge long arm or when he fires off that heavens punisher of his when he goes round the outside? non of that is damage i guess? those attacks have nothing to do with resistances, anyway i meant defense in general, if you find a perfect resist or something you'll never get frozen again.
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:53 pm
quote : #7
His blade slash is a neutral attack. Even if it looks like a common physical attack, it's just neutral.
It does not care if you wear a shield or not, falz does the same damage with his blade (not on normal of course) on everyone (1291 on ult online)

DEF helps you against physical attacks.
Resistances help you against magic attacks.
Nothing can help you against a neutral attack. Look... Falz is pure evil! He can do a neutral blade damage! Laughing

If you dont want to get frozen, you need state/maintenance.
A perfect resist does not make you unfreezable... It just lowers the damage of enemies' magic attacks.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:04 pm
quote : #8
thats what i meant state maintenance, i can never remember the bloody names anymore, i once had a state maintenance ++ never knew they came with + let alone ++!!
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:03 pm
quote : #9
Al wrote:
Defense does not help you much at Falz...

Try to boost your Resistances!
Ice, Fire, Light Resist is important.
Falz doesn't use physical attacks, never!
His attacks are either magic or neutral damage.

how do you get resistance for certain things? I remember in final fantasy 7, there were things like "water rings" that would give you the properties of water and different things, but I haven't seen anything like that in PSO.

also, what's the max damage his most powerful attack does on normal? I figure all I have to do is get my max HP a few points above that, use resta every time I get hit, and just keep attacking.
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:21 am
quote : #10
you can get frame slot items such as perfect resist to heighten your resistences and shields and frames have a set amount of resistence to begin with, depending on the time of frame or shield you can resist lots of elemental attacks. my favourite is the celestial shield, im pretty sure that one protects most against darkness.
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:23 pm
quote : #11
cool...how much is the max damage his attacks do? I need to level up until I can beat him, hopefully that won't take a long time, though
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:09 pm
quote : #12
http://www.planetdreamcast.com/psoworld/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1010
If those infos are all Ok, it's just 140... ehm... Question

Normally your HP should be enough for that... hm... Confused

What the hell did he do to your char?
I can't remember that he's that tough.

limpbizkitfan943
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:19 pm
quote : #13
wow that's weird...I have no idea
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:49 pm
quote : #14
Indeed it's weird... ehm...

So... Rolling Eyes Just go kill him!

GohanBR
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:27 pm
quote : #15
Well, once I went on a Ragol rampage with Fallout and we both got in Falz around level 16.
I'm Fallout died with Heaven's Punisher everytime Falz used it, but I didn't. We weren't able to beat him just because I didn't have Resta at the time and always ran out of items.
As you are on level 30, you should be more than able to beat Falz. Does Falz hate you that much?