Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2005 9:56 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hello folks, Cannot understand why nobody has much to say about this game? One of the DC's best games!

Kizzy

krystalblue07
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:15 pm
quote : #2
Kizzy wrote:
Hello folks, Cannot understand why nobody has much to say about this game? One of the DC's best games!

Kizzy

I have something to say about it....it is an awesome game and the very best game I have ever seen on Sega. I met a few of my bestest friends on there. Am still talking to them today...if it weren't for Quake, I wouldn't have ever met them. That was back in 1998-1999 when Quake was first online,. Now, I'm in the process of getting back to playing online, to bring back those memories and meet up again with one of the friends I met years ago....,at first I had a hard time connecting, now that I can connect, I'm having a problem with it not scanning the servers.
Krystalblue Laughing

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:50 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Kizzy wrote:

Kizzy

Well, here's my 2 cents. Post some topics here in the F355 forum Kizzy :] Get some conversation going. One of the interesting thing about message forums, is that most people like replying to threads, rather than starting them. There are people here with over 100 posts, and they probobly have never started a new thread topic at all. It's just the way it works. I wonder how many threads I have created lol. Not counting news and announcements of course.

Anyways, post some topical discussions on F355 here in the F355 Challenge forum and I'm sure you'll get some people responding and even playing the game more in no time. Just kinda have to shake things up a little and get involved and other people will fall in line :]
Posted:
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:59 pm
quote : #4
I don't have a steady dial-up connection to play F355 online. I also got discouraged when I kept getting beaten by Japanese gamers who have been playing hardcore for years. You guys can stick to your sims. I think I'll go smash things up in Burnout 3. Smile

It's not that I don't like the game; it's just not my style.

-Mytho

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:16 am
quote : #5
TheMytho wrote:
I don't have a steady dial-up connection to play F355 online. I also got discouraged when I kept getting beaten by Japanese gamers who have been playing hardcore for years. You guys can stick to your sims. I think I'll go smash things up in Burnout 3. Smile

It's not that I don't like the game; it's just not my style.

-Mytho

I can understand you not liking "your sims", I hated most driving games of this ilk, but I found myself totally hooked! Such a friendly lot who play this game, some bloody good racers too! (But we also have some new players as well and they are fast becoming excellent at the game!)

Hope to see some of you turn up for the 9pm (GMT+0) race tonight (Thursday), would be good to see faces new and old!

This is the game that made me actually appreciate QUALITY driving games. I was always one of these lazy people who played driving games with AUTOMATIC gears, but then soon realised that some games a whole lot better with manual gears and open a game up into a completely different level of enjoyment.

I especially appreciate the skill in "Hiro-Shiftsing" the gears in Ferrari F355, I wish more games had this extra addition in them. Actually, does anyone know of any other games that you can race faster by shifting two gears up and then one down very quickly?

Like to know if any other games exist with Hiro-shift?

All the best!

Kizzy (Video gaming since the mid 1970's!)

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:05 pm
quote : #6
Based on my experience with this board, there are quite a few avid F355 enthusiasts who frequent this site, myself included. Unfortunately, as Lordnikon indicated, many people don't open new threads often. I'm guilty of this myself, probably for fear of rehashing stuff from older threads.

Anyway, F355 is an outstanding driving game that really highlights the capabilities of the Dreamcast. The game should receive more coverage and support than it does. The biggest drawback, I feel, is the lack of an online lounge to see who, if anyone, is racing. That leaves racers really dependent on online scheduling, such as the schedule maintained on this site. Unfortunately for me, the regularly scheduled races on this board take place at what is 2 PM for me - right in the middle of the work day.

I've tried scheduling races that were more user friendly for individuals in the Western US, but I've gotten away from that a bit, just due to other stuff going on. If people are willing to participate in evening races (approximately 10:30 PM GMT-7), then I'll schedule some and go at it.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:51 pm
quote : #7
We did have some decent matches that one night grills, we'll have to hook up and do it again sometime :]
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:21 am
quote : #8
Well, F355 challenge. What can you say that hasn't already been said.

Personally, I'm having serious withdrawl symptoms from this at the mo having not played for a couple of months due to a broken steering wheel (the game is impossible with a a pad). I am a complete race game freak and this is the absolute daddy of racing games!

The UK 9pm races are great, but it's not convenient for US/JAP racers. Goddamn time differences.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #9
see i did enjoy this game for a while when i started on it but after a while it just got so ridiculously difficult and samey that i didnt stick with it, i was practicing on it for about 6months and just didnt get anywhere. i may have to break out a wheel and try it again.
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:41 pm
quote : #10
Ultrapro, Please make the effort. I know stuff like Toca 2 on Xbox live is great etc, but this game is great when u put some practice in. Also some new faces played lately, you will all be of the same level!

Kizzy

dj threat
rank 3
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:41 pm
quote : #11
i would play F355 with you all if I enjoyed it! the game is so damn hard.
Posted:
Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:38 am
quote : #12
Type: PAL
yeah the game is hard but its still damn good fun even though i am crap it
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:50 am
quote : #13
i'm new to ferrari 355 online and it's awesome! gee i thought i was pretty good at this game until i started playing with you guys, but nevermind i'm working on my car set up so i hope in a few weeks i'll be challenging for 1st place.
you will be seeing more of me on tues & thurs, name: maurice x from AS (australia).

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:32 am
quote : #14
Type: PAL
oh i think ive played with you maurice you were pritty gud if my memory serves me right i think i beated you but im not sure. if anyone has a gud set up for the car can they post it up here as im still using the default and every time i change somthing it usualy messes everything up
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:12 am
quote : #15
I must admit that Maurice X is a bloody good driver! Only played him a couple of times, gave me a run for my money!

I have had to "re-learn" how to play F355 because I have broken my steering wheel, this means I am now using a Joypad. My times are an awful lot slower down to bad steering and breaking in the wrong places. I am sure a bit more practice will iron these small problems out!

All the best!

Kizzy