Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
1, 2  Next
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:53 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey, I've been seeing a flurry of messages indicating that Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas, one of several remaining unreleased Dreamcast games, has made it's way to the net.

Can anyone confirm this, or does anyone have it? I understand it's similar to a Mario Cart or Wacky Races type of game. I'm guessing it's not one of the more memorable games, but still, it's part of the Dreamcast's legacy.

Has anyone else heard it's out?

How are my little crackers doing today?
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:05 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, a quick search only came up with this.

Dreamcast ™

DCOnLine
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:22 pm
quote : #3
In a german SEGA forum, some people claim as well that Viva Rock Vegas has been finally released on the net. But don't worry- even though this rumour might be(come) true, this game seems to be very, very, very, very crappy (no rumour Wink ).

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #4
If this is anything like the Flintstones Bowling game on PS1, then your not missing anything.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:57 pm
quote : #5
well despite the quality of the game if i can find it and download it for free i will, its a piece of dreamcast underground history, that another game has been salvaged means that more might also be out there. if however i have to pay for it i wont bother.
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:40 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U
I believe I have seen a CDI of the game on the internet, on IRC.
Posted:
Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #7
if so thats cool, another released game for the Dreamcast is always good news. And before ppl trash it maybe they need to play one of the Dreamcast homebrew games Mr. Green

Bad Game > Homebrew game

Hazaki
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:03 pm
quote : #8
Heh...take a look at this :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15112&item=8163613809&rd=1

Bargain ! Laughing
rank 4
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:54 pm
quote : #9
Type: PAL
Hello,

I've seen this topic today. I have the original pre-production disc of the unreleased Flintstones Viva Rock Vegas (well, actually 2 of them) and some other DC betas/pre-release games. I really doubt that somebody wants to pay that amount of money in UK Pounds for the game.

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:09 pm
quote : #10
it surfaced, but where can I download it?

Posted Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:11 pm:

never mind, found out they will have a download of it in a few weeks, to let the heat die down here

http://dcforums.net/index.php?showtopic=14701
unknown
Posted:
Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:31 am
quote : #11
it really is pointless charging that much cos unless your a rolling in millions and are crazy your not gonna spend £500 on an unreleased game when you can download it free surely?? i cant wait to see it cos it'll mean another title the dc underground has salvaged!! spread the word!!
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:30 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-J
---

Last edited by Max on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:53 pm
quote : #13
you've lost me there, how is it i havent got the "point" of real collecting, im one of the few guys who can call himself a true dreamcast fan/collector whatever the name is, i have never downloaded a copy of a game that i could buy and anyway i was simply saying that its stupid spending that much money on a game that wasnt released even if its great, if i had the money i would get it but in my position its completely stupid to even concider buying something like that. that doesnt mean i missed the point of collecting, i go out of my way to get all my 200 dreamcast pal and import games as well as my room full of periperhals and extras and all manner of shit i've collected for dc. as i said if i could afford it i probably would get it. and i dont remember saying anything was illegal.
i'd love to own every official piece of dreamcast merchandise/software and stuff more than anyone, i really want the twin sticks, the camera, the segaga set and all the rare dreamcasts and limited editions that were released but i cant, either i cant afford them or cant find them.
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:08 am
quote : #14
Max and ultrapro, you both qualify as diehard Dreamcast fans, however just because someone has a different set of standards, doesn't make either of you less of a diehard fan.

Charging £500 isn't pointless, since if there is someone out in the market willing to pay that much for the legit copy, then that's the current market value of the product. Plain and simple. Whether you, ultrapro, would pay that much or could justify it doesn't make the £500 price tag rediculious in global terms. For you its way too expensive, but for someone else who has the money, and is willing to pay, it is a reasonable price.

If outtrigger server software became available, for $2000.00 USD, do you think I would buy it? Hell fucking yea I would, in a heart beat. However someone else, specially in other gaming circuits, would think I have gone out of my fucking mind. hehehe Laughing

Spending over 500.00 on a promo copy of a game does not win you a special medal, and give you a cape with "TROO KOLLECTOR" written on the back.

Max, the point of "true" collecting is buying what you want. Staying true to your own purchasing decisions without public opinion swaying you from your goals.

If someone owns a Dreamcast and Sega Bass Fishing 1 & 2, Sega Marine Fishing, and a fishing controller.....and this is all they play.....does this make them any "less" hardcore than the person with 300 games? No it does not. Both gamers are in it for real. They are in it because they genuinly enjoy the Dreamcast console and what it can do. Just because they are enjoying it in different ways doesn't put them on different social platforms.
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:16 am
quote : #15
thats what i said, for me its ridiculous to think about spending £500 on a game but as i said if i had the money i would probably buy it, i just think that UNLESS you have the money to afford these things then its stupid to try and afford it just to feel more of a hardcore collector.