Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
i was just reading a FAQ guide for ferrari 355. it says that when playing online any car setup you select is ignored therefore you play with the default set up. anybody here uses car set up when playing online? i wonder if this is true, hope not i bloody spent 3 hrs setting up my car for the suzuka circuit!

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:23 am
quote : #2
i would also like to know what the best overall setup is for this game, im hoping to break f355 and tokyo highway out tonite instead of getting hooked on headhunter redemption (still i've not even had it 2 days and im 50% thru it already!!) cos i really wanna use my steering wheel again. people do seem to be of the opinion that if you personalise the car and save it it will work on the net but i think you have to load the car and profile before going online cos i had a lot of trouble getting it to use the settings i had implemented such as car colour and number and driver name, they never showed up on the net for some reason, think they did once or twice but very rarely.
Posted:
Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:52 pm
quote : #3
The FAQ you refer to is correct. Just like the real-life F355 Challenge series the game was based on, all cars are tuned to identical specifications for the online races. The objective of the F355 Challenge series, much like the IROC series in the states, was to put all cars on an even playing field and allow driver skill to shine through and determine the champion.

While you can customize the cars for single player racing, only cosmetic changes (car color and custom number) may be used for online racing. This is yet another example of AM-2's efforts to keep the player's driving experience as close as possible to the actual racing series it's based upon. It's truly a masterpiece.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:23 am
quote : #4
is there a real life f355 challenge? didnt know that! i guess in a way it's good no set up, is allowed, makes it fairer for everyone else.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:37 pm
quote : #5
maurice x wrote:
is there a real life f355 challenge? didnt know that! i guess in a way it's good no set up, is allowed, makes it fairer for everyone else.

Yeah, the Ferrari Challenge is an actual racing series sponsored by Ferrari, and this series is the basis for the game F355 Challenge. Today, the 360 Modena, replacement for the F355, is the car used in the racing series. The series originally started in 1993 with the 348 model, and events are run both in Europe and the US.

Official information on the Ferrari Challenge Series, including rules and racing schedule, may be found here:

http://www.ferrarichallenge.com/content.asp?content=204&series=Challenge

Part of the reason for F355 Challenge's (game) significance, is the fact that EVERY aspect of its design is deeply rooted in Ferrari's racing heritage. Yu Suzuki didn't miss a beat with this one.

How are my little crackers doing today?