profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
blkdvl wrote:
when i try to go there it locksup
my DC and l must re-boot.
Anyone else having trouble with
any sites lately, since planetweb
went down?

It's locking up because their homepage currently has flash running. So its prolly overloading and then freezing up your DC.

You can access other websites fine though right? You should be.
Posted:
Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:08 pm
quote : #32
I've been talking to the President of Planetweb, Ken Soohoo, over the past week and half. the company is debating about what they will do with all of the Dreamcast&Saturn stuff but wont have a decision untill later this month. It also appears tho that when Planetweb changed theyre website they changed servers and that the old server containing everything crashed or something so it may prove a bit of a pain for them bring it all back. all I know is Im sopost to keep in contact with Ken and he will tell me what they plan to do.

Zulu
rank 1
Posted:
Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:56 am
quote : #33
Yeah, I hate to see it go. :/ maybe they will bring it back.
Posted:
Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:13 am
quote : #34
SONICR wrote:
I've been talking to the President of Planetweb, Ken Soohoo, over the past week and half. the company is debating about what they will do with all of the Dreamcast&Saturn stuff but wont have a decision untill later this month. It also appears tho that when Planetweb changed theyre website they changed servers and that the old server containing everything crashed or something so it may prove a bit of a pain for them bring it all back. all I know is Im sopost to keep in contact with Ken and he will tell me what they plan to do.

Well if your in good talks with him you should ask him to release any tools that might prove valuable to the DC and Saturn community. Especially those saturn planetweb updates as well.

Of course within reason. I don't expect or wouldn't expect them to give up any software that would cause them to lose money or profits in their future business dealings. Only if they had stuff that they could contribute that would otherwise sit around collecting dust.

That vmu ftp upload script could really be usefull.
Posted:
Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:02 am
quote : #35
Last I talked to him he mentioned that he may give up the Saturn GameSaves and DC VMU Files since they don't hold much Value to the company. He also sounded like he may give up the knowlage of how to set up a server for Saturn saves but said it's a little difficult.

snipersnake
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:54 pm
quote : #36
a sad news indeed.. Crying or Very sad
Posted:
Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #37
ITS ALL ARCHIVED! EVERYTHING IIS HERE!!!!

http://web.archive.org/web/20030525152424/dreamcast.planetweb.com/
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:25 am
quote : #38
Well it seams Dreamcast.planetweb.com will be making a come back but it sounds like it will just be a archive of the VMU files and Sofdec files it had. Ken doesn't known when it will be up tho.

CurtisR
banned!
Posted:
Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:46 pm
quote : #39
well im glad to hear this bit of news sonicr,even if planetweb decided on not doing anything with it all.i would still have to say nice job and good luck with future ventures.
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:01 am
quote : #40
Dear Dreamcast Users,

The Planetweb SEGA Dreamcast web pages have returned. You will find them at the usual location http://dreamcast.planetweb.com .

Of course your comments are welcome at mailto://web_feedback@planetweb.com

Enjoy!

Ken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Soohoo
President and CEO
Planetweb, Inc.
1300 Island Drive, Suite 202
Redwood Shores, CA 94065
(650) 551-5500 (main)
(650) 551-5562 (fax)
soohoo@planetweb.com

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:22 am
quote : #41
Type: PAL
THANK YOU so much

The planetweb company does a great job , it's always good to see
a company that listen to there customers !

If theres a paypal donation i would donate

greetings from germany
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:03 am
quote : #42
Wow, I am amazed. Thank you so much Ken.

This will mean a lot to so many Dreamcast gamers. Especially those that surf the internet from their Dreamcast. Since dreamcast.planetweb.com was one of the few places on the internet that had an interface and content tailored for users surfing from their dreamcast.

More importantly, tools.planetweb.com is back, and users can now once again get files off their Dreamcast VMU's onto an FTP server of their choosing.

Ken this really will mean a lot to Dreamcast gamers everywhere. Since so many companies have neglected us in our quest to keep Dreamcast online alive, and growing. It's a rebuilding process, and not only does this give us all a great website with tons of historical content, but it gives us hope for the future.

(Note: will be posting a proper news post on this shortly.)