Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic

Forum: StarLancer

Topic: starlancer regular mettings when?

Page 1 of 1
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:18 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
i find it hard to find people to play online with cos people play at any time with their own groups. why not set a regular time schedule so people like me can join in. you'll probably get more people in the long run, ferrari challenge is great cos i know there is always a few people to play with. 9pm uk time is ok with me wed, frid & sat. this is just a suggestion.

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:36 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
There has been a regular friday game for the past couple of years at 8pm GMT+1 (I think). It was about 1pm for me (GMT -8 ). It's been so long, I can't remember the exact time. It might still be on the game calender, if it goes back to summer 2004. I used to post it up, but now I can't go anymore. Fallout and DaMan used to go also, maybe they still do. There are a few other UK guys that host it, but they aren't a part of this forum as far as I know.

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:25 am
quote : #3
how are new people supoused to know about this if it's not in the calender. unlike ferrari challenge i have to search and ask around to find out when people play. can we have regular meetings posted permanently in the calendar like ferrari challenge?

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:37 am
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Thats a prob on this site ..... The scheduler have no moderator or something
like that , that fill all the regular meeting in ! I asked a while back if not in every forum
a sticky post with the meeting times could be posted by a mod ! But nothing till today : (

Not good if peopel see nothing on the scheduler , and go away coz they think its death
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #5
The thing with the game schedule is if you're willing to put a game up you should try to make it to your own game granted everyone at one time or another has had problems suddenly occur, if you are dedicated enough to keep posting times and showing up then usually you can have 2-3 regulars.
Who was it ? WormyTheWorm ? I think he kept posting Worms World Party games then it grew from there.

I know in my case the phone isnt always available for me to get online, which has made me hesitant to post games. OR you could do like how Chris5687 did with a 4x4 evo game he posted recently
Quote:
In the event I cannot make game then someone else make the lobby and get the game started
Not a direct quote but about to that effect.

I'm not be the most active Starlancer player . I just try to show up to games that I have that don't conflict with my schedule. (or if the phone line is available Evil or Very Mad )
Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:21 pm
quote : #6
I think the reason the friday game is not in the schedule is because, as far as I know, nobody from OC goes to that game. I used to post it when I could go, but now that I can't, I forget to put it up and now I don't even remember the correct time.

I found this in one of my old postings on the game schedule (I edited the GMT to fit with standard time as I posted it during daylight savings. The actual time and the Beat Time should be correct):

Beat Time: 875
1pm GMT-8 (Lost Angeles, Pacific)
2pm GMT-7 (Denver)
3pm GMT-6 (Dallas)
4pm GMT-5 (New York City, Eastern)

Got this from Fallout's listings for all you European players:

05:00 PM GMT -4 ----

06:00 PM GMT -3 ----

07:00 PM GMT -2 ----

08:00 PM GMT -1 ----

09:00 PM GMT (UK)

10:00 PM GMT +1 (DE)

Drunkn
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:20 pm
quote : #7
the regular game is 9pm uk (0 gmt) heh so fer me its 4pm est... they meet every friday and play fer an hour or so.... i play every friday over there too

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:15 pm
quote : #8
There, I just posted up the regular friday game in the schedule for the next month. I hope that helps.

There also used to be a Saturday game around 7pm GMT-8 (Pacific, Los Angeles). A lot of OC people used to go. You could post a game around that time and I bet a few people would show up every week.

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:42 pm
quote : #9
thanks mertens! i'll be there, i'll get my ass kicked but it'll be fun

Drunkn
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:58 pm
quote : #10
hey u was ther tonight werent ya maurice .. that was a hell of a game wasnt it lol jenkins kicked out asses.. but i was in 2nd place!!!! lol followed by lonewolf and kizzy and u and that other guy lol

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:21 pm
quote : #11
Yeah i was there alright! getting my ass kicked! sorry that i couldn't communicate with you guys as i still dont have a keyboard. it was fun though i'll be there again next week. kizzy wanted to know what time it is in oz when we play, its 8am sat morning (it's hard getting up sat morn, but it's worth it)

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:52 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U
arg pryo and I missed yesterdays game. we were doing ep2 cmode on PSO+ and would not give up. lol. We will be sure to be there next friday and own you all again! Smile

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:12 am
quote : #13
Indeed, that was fun. I had to miss the saturday game however. Sad