Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
Tmansdc
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:28 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Quake III Arena, Starlancer, Worms World Party, 4X4 Evo, Outtrigger and Chu Chu Rocket? I'd like to get all six so I could play online during any of the events. Thanks. And how do you find out dreamcast servers?

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:51 pm
quote : #2
I know that Quake II Arena, Starlancer, and Worms World Party aren't that hard to find on eBay for $10-$30. ChuChu Rocket is even cheaper; a brand new, sealed copy usually goes for $2 to $4 on eBay, and can be had from ebgames.com for $7. I don't know about 4X4 Evo or Outrigger, but just check eBay and I'm sure you'll be fine.

As for finding servers, it's different for each game. ChuChu is really easy; the servers are built in to the game, so you just set up your internet connection (you need a dialup account and a phone number), connect to the network, and you're there. (This is kind of bad and kind of good; it's easy to connect, but if they ever shut down those servers we're out of luck.)

Quake can be served by anyone; you can check out the Quake area of the forums for more info on how to connect.

I don't know too much about the others, but this should get you started.

Tmansdc
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:37 pm
quote : #3
well I don't buy from online. how hard are they to find in used stores and such?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:15 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Don't waste your time with Outtrigger. You can no longer play it online.

-TheMytho

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:49 pm
quote : #5
I still think you should pick-up outtrigger, oneday it could be brought back online. Its the one game that would be first in line to have it's network features revived. PLus i still think it's an amazing game and the only place you can play it....is on the dreamcast.

My best bet to look for such games is local gameshops like GameStop if one is nearby. Or check amazon.com and ebay.com

The games auto detect the server's. So you just fill in your ISP info using a standard web browser disc for the dreamcast. Or if you do get outtrigger you can configure the games with that.
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:54 pm
quote : #6
Outtrigger is still a fun game, just make it your very last purshase if you buy all those games.

-TheMytho

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:04 pm
quote : #7
All those games I got for 10 brand new and sealed, try Ebay there are tons of cheap DC games being sold there all the time

Tmansdc
rank 2
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:10 pm
quote : #8
I already have an ISP and phone number hooked up. Lol. I also want to ask even though they aren't online anymore um How much and how rare are Unreal Tourney, Draconus, and Fur Fighters?

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:17 pm
quote : #9
Tmansdc: The best place to go hunting for Dreamcast games would be your local Toys R Us. Mine has over 100 NEW games in the bargain bin.

-TheMytho

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:01 pm
quote : #10
TheMytho wrote:
Tmansdc: The best place to go hunting for Dreamcast games would be your local Toys R Us. Mine has over 100 NEW games in the bargain bin.

-TheMytho

That's a really good idea. I'm going to hit mine up tomorrow.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:21 pm
quote : #11
i go and look too, i wonder if they have a rare game ... o im so excited ... I just can hide it i know i know .... o god sorry that happens sometimes with me

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:40 pm
quote : #12
Heh... Easy there, now. Don't get too excited. Smile

Really though, I stopped by my local Toys R Us today, and was sorely disappointed. All they had were about 15 copies each of three different fishing games, plus a few assorted tennis, football, and basketball games.

Oh well. Time to go to GameStop, buy a new copy of Quake 3, then return it because it won't play (like most of the games I've ever bought there).

Maybe I should just stick with eBay.

Tmansdc
rank 2
Posted:
Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:04 pm
quote : #13
I don't buy online.

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:13 pm
quote : #14
Yeah; I know. I was just talking about me (and the others that do buy online).

For you, I think your best bets are still going to be GameStop and Toys-R-Us bargain bins. And again, expect to pay between $5 and $30 per game, with most of them between $10 and $20.

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:10 am
quote : #15
toys r us is really hit and miss. At the one near me, they have some cheap games for 10 bucks ( maken x) but then they have d2 for $50.00 and gigawing for $45.00! So be careful.

Out of all those games you listed chu chu will be the cheapest.