1, 2, 3  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:47 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well, at the moment this is classified as a glitch. Registered user, dwachill replied to the 'game lobby screenshots wanted' post with the pictures I had inquired about from a previous thread. For the time being this is classified as a glitch. One that sends the game to the disclaimer and the AFO army lobby screen. In order to achieve this you need to sign online with AFO many times. It will reboot your machine or freeze up. If your cursor can continue to move with the analog stick after the Connected! sign appears, it will send you to the lobby screens.

Multiple users from various ISP's have now confirmed to have done this, including myself using 2 seperate ISP's.

The AFO server was officially taken down a long time ago. I have no proof at the moment that this glitch is independant of the internet. The only way to prove this is if you have a PC-DC connection and can log packets of the modem. If anyone wants to do this, please do so, and upload them for anyone to check out. Once again an experienced programmer will be the only one to really decipher what is going on from logged packets. To the lamen they will just look like a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

This new discovery has NO bearing on restoring any online functionality to AFO. Once again, since some people are ignorant, I will repeat myself. This has no current affect on restoring ANY SORT OF ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY TO AFO.

We never had pictures of the AFO servers, maybe some still exist out in the far reaches of the internet. I search constantly and have never been able to find any. Many people, specially those new to the online scene never got to see what AFO was like online. Having these pictures is a big deal for Dreamcast Network enthusiasts. It is exciting to see what the interface was like to actually take the game online, even if its just a glimpse of a few screens.

These screens along with many others discovered by myself, and the ones that keep mysteriously popping up will all be featured in the History section.

Thanx to dwachill for coming forward with this new information.

Last edited by lordnikon on Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:53 am
quote : #2
=O

this is so kool!

Quote:
This new discovery has NO bearing on restoring any online functionality to AFO. Once again, since some people are ignorant, I will repeat myself. This has no current affect on restoring ANY SORT OF ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY TO AFO.

how can u be sure of that? Rolling Eyes

Adam.

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:56 am
quote : #3
if it did work it would be so cool . i would so buy the game and the cd to play imports.
please someone try to see what can be done .

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:52 am
quote : #4
Here in NYC, we have a vintage video game store (2 actually but the second is in Harlem) and they have maybe 6 copies of Alien Front Online w/mikes in their original boxes. The store is on St. Marks (what 8th Ave. turns into after Astor Place). There was some way New Yorkers could get together and rig it for LAN play, that would be good too. Or do we need to have a specific program to run in a server (which I bet no one here has and Sega and Co. have no wish to release)?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 am
quote : #5
[UKR]Adam1902 wrote:
how can u be sure of that? Rolling Eyes

Because there is ZERO evidence to support any claim that this would have ANY effect on getting the game back online. Which is why I repeated myself 2 times, guess I should have aimed for 1 thousand instead. You always wish I would tell you what you want to hear, rather then listen to what was actually said. You do this every time a thread like this appears. You toss the facts out the window to cling to a fairy tail. Start looking at the facts as they are. There is no current evidence at all that glitching the screen to see these menus for 2 brief seconds does anything to get the game back online. How can I be sure about this? Because there is NO EVIDENCE. It's as simple as that.

Posted Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:54 am:

Mr. Spank wrote:
Here in NYC, we have a vintage video game store (2 actually but the second is in Harlem) and they have maybe 6 copies of Alien Front Online w/mikes in their original boxes. The store is on St. Marks (what 8th Ave. turns into after Astor Place). There was some way New Yorkers could get together and rig it for LAN play, that would be good too. Or do we need to have a specific program to run in a server (which I bet no one here has and Sega and Co. have no wish to release)?

There is no way to system link the game, or run it over a LAN, or online. The games network functions have been and still are entirely broken and the game is offline. This status will not change any in the foreseable future.
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:00 pm
quote : #6
well that answers that.

Just to edit my previous post on this thread; its not 8th Ave. but 8th Street that turns into St. Marks. For those in NYC that want to buy this game.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:23 pm
quote : #7
Mr. Spank wrote:
well that answers that.

Just to edit my previous post on this thread; its not 8th Ave. but 8th Street that turns into St. Marks. For those in NYC that want to buy this game.

Hey, are you talking about the little hole in the wall store in the East Village just up from Chinatown? It's just a total dive. The place I'm thinking of is really narrow, and just LOADED full of old school gaming stuff. It has a ton of old Atari and NES controllers hanging from the ceiling. Is that the place? The Dreamcast stuff is down the narrow hallway past the main counter, and there's stacks of Dreamcast games in both the cabinet and also on the shelf and floor. If that's the place your referring to, it's my favorite old school gaming shop, and I visit it whenever I'm in NYC. The last time I was there in August, they had a box of Dreamcast light gun controllers sitting on the floor, and Mad Catz guns were just $10 each.

I wish I remembered the name of the place, but I don't think it has a sign. If that's the place, please let me know the name of it.

Sorry for the distraction folks, I got a little carried away there. Back to our regular topic...

How are my little crackers doing today?
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:49 pm
quote : #8
Your Welcome Mr. Green Glad to do my part.
rank 30
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:10 pm
quote : #9
Nikon, so what we don't know is, if the lobby is on the internet or the game disc itself? Which may lead to this happening for other games as well?
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:24 pm
quote : #10
Well, ive tried many games and this is the only one that does it so i doubt well have luck with any others.

Ive tried Propeller Arena about 20 times last night and nothing.

The only game i thought we might have luck with was Daytona USA, but i dont have the key file.

Someone who still has the key file should try to connect.
rank 12
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:42 pm
quote : #11
kingofgrills wrote:
Mr. Spank wrote:
well that answers that.

Hey, are you talking about the little hole in the wall store in the East Village just up from Chinatown? It's just a total dive. The place I'm thinking of is really narrow, and just LOADED full of old school gaming stuff. It has a ton of old Atari and NES controllers hanging from the ceiling. Is that the place? The Dreamcast stuff is down the narrow hallway past the main counter, and there's stacks of Dreamcast games in both the cabinet and also on the shelf and floor. If that's the place your referring to, it's my favorite old school gaming shop, and I visit it whenever I'm in NYC. The last time I was there in August, they had a box of Dreamcast light gun controllers sitting on the floor, and Mad Catz guns were just $10 each.

I wish I remembered the name of the place, but I don't think it has a sign. If that's the place, please let me know the name of it.

Sorry for the distraction folks, I got a little carried away there. Back to our regular topic...

Yes, thats the spot, isn't it awesome! They changed management about a month ago, maybe some order will come to the place. Funny, I was talking to the owner one time, the time I came after that, I refered to him as German or Dutch, and he was actually Italian! lol

But yeah, I couldn't find their business card but I did find one of my receipts, so this is the place;
St. Marks Games
10 Saint Marks Pl.
New York, NY 10003

its a tight fit, but they have lots of old goodies. Lots of imports. Its the only store I know that has classic stuff and imports. They have extra cables, wires, controllers, adapters and such on the floor. New stuff behind the counter. The DC collection isn't vast. They have lots of KISS:Psycho Circus! lol Ironicly they didn't have any copies of Sonic Adv., but in the import section they had like 10. They had maybe 6 copies of Alien Frontline possibly unopened.

If your not fat and know what you want, you will love this store. Lots of classic systems (Atari, Sega Master Sytem...) Saw some NES jems...

dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:04 pm
quote : #12
Hey, has anyone been able to stay on long enough to switch to the alien lobby? Just wondering, i cant get on at all anymore.
rank 28
Posted:
Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:58 pm
quote : #13
I've been trying to do this since the pics came up , and just now I saw the screens that are making oc news Rolling Eyes
I wasn't able to go to the "Alien Lobby" though.
[UKR]Adam1902
rank 17
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:04 am
quote : #14
Quote:
Because there is ZERO evidence to support any claim that this would have ANY effect on getting the game back online. Which is why I repeated myself 2 times, guess I should have aimed for 1 thousand instead. You always wish I would tell you what you want to hear, rather then listen to what was actually said. You do this every time a thread like this appears. You toss the facts out the window to cling to a fairy tail. Start looking at the facts as they are. There is no current evidence at all that glitching the screen to see these menus for 2 brief seconds does anything to get the game back online. How can I be sure about this? Because there is NO EVIDENCE. It's as simple as that.

Shocked no need to get in a strop! Neutral
-.-

Quote:
You do this every time a thread like this appears. You toss the facts out the window to cling to a fairy tail

oh,

maybe i should'nt post in a thread ne more then?
i just get exited about things like this ok!?

ive never got so pissed off by postin a post in a forum, now wot u gonna do?

edit this post in ur fancy red writing!??

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #15