Topic: Dreameye

Page 1 of 1
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
As most of you all know, Sega in 2000 tryed to keep the Dreamcast a focus at E3 and other such events with the news of them making new and amazing Dreamcast accessories. From a VMU shaped mp3 player to a Dreamcast that played Dvd's, most were never made but one was the Dreameyes. A Sega made digital camera for the Dreamcast, released only in Japan. The reason im giving this history lesson is because its software that came with it has online functions. Your would input a friends phone number (you both had to be online, 56k support online) and direct connect with his Dreamcast. Which means LIVE VIDEO!, that and you can send video e-mails and have other such fun with this camera while out and about in life. The photo quality is not high but still for the Dreamcast, this is just a amazing feat. If the Dreamcast had done better, most likly there would have been games having live video chat, while playing some game like tetris. Or games that took features from a picture of the player and modeled the game character after him. If this sounds like the PS2 camera this is because sony took a page out of the Dreamcast history and copyed it. The cool thing is if I buy on I would love to use it with some people at OC, instead of the mic chat with planet web 2.62.

The official website from Sega of Japan:
http://dreameye.dricas.ne.jp/top.html

Here is two sites that sell it:
http://www.lan-kwei.com/dcE/ - 160 - over priced, but if you don't want to wait for the other to get restocked or use ebay.

http://www.gamechoiceclub.com/navigateProduct.asp?product_id=142 - 80 - out of stock but they get these things in now and then

A review of it:
http://www.planetshogo.com/dash/reviews/dreamcast/dreameye/

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:35 am
quote : #2
its kinda gay cause it works on DC JP consoles only, also cause there are no translated manuals for this thing, also HOW DO U DIRECT CONNECT?

but its neat too, makes the DC more fun, "luky ass japanese", also prob be the last product i get for the DC and calling my DC asventures to an end
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:56 am
quote : #3
where did you get it only works on Jap consoles from? all hardware from what i hear works on every system, country has no effect and it makes sense their not going to install a program so it willn't work on a US system, and jap and Us systems are the same. I know their is at least on Dreameye translation on the net to english, yes indeed those lucky ass asians get everything! O well they will never enjoy a true pizza like in good old US of A, they put octi on theirs, yuk

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:14 am
quote : #4
not the hardware, the software, its non compatible with US DC, and half the time boot ups or GameSharks dont work, and i fear MOD chips
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:33 am
quote : #5
o i c , Crying or Very sad that sucks!

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:38 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
This is one reason why I will be seeking out a JP region dreamcast. Well worth it, specially when it comes to imports.