lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:07 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
meseta wrote:
Nikon, I will try to find the article from the Japanese gaming site asap. i rememebr it wasn't a site I have bookmarked so may take some searching.

Ok word, if you come across it, it would be very helpfull. I will do some searching as well. I won't make a news post without have a more definative reference, since I'm all about the facts.

[edited by admin: cleaning up a flame fest]

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:40 pm
quote : #17
Surely net ranking, password or direct-from-dc or not, is worthy of a news post?

I'm still oooking, going through my cache as well. In the emantime I have also mailed Triangle service - no better confirmation than from the developer's mouth! ^_^

Posted:
Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:25 pm
quote : #18

Apologies for going off topic. Long time no see Nikon Wink.

~DcD~: Sega Gaming at it's Best
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:11 am
quote : #19
yeah this will be interesting to learn if it will have ingame browsing, i cant wait for their next title. and to meseta, im sorry but i dont have time to re-read every post over and over again, i read it thru once and thats enough, one day maybe when i retire and am sat there with nothing to do i will read posts repeatedly, but for now its just not gonna happen, sorry!! Mr. Green
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:33 am
quote : #20
nuckles87 wrote:

Word, long time no see :] wb

I cleaned up the thread everyone. The flaming was unwarrented and was not supported by any evidence at all, and just biased opinions, on some respects my own as well. I edited out everyone's thread who was bouncing offtopic. Even my own post (heheh red text in my own post lol)

Back onto Trizeal. I hope it has internet rankings. It would be a great bonus to the game. Also what I really hope is that it would have an in-game web browser as well. I miss seeing the "homepage" link in a Dreamcast game. It was always a piece of interactivity I loved about Dreamcast games.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:52 am
quote : #21
damn, i must've read less of this thread than i thought, i didnt see any flaming. i must be slipping!! but to be honest i am at work so i will read a bit more when i get home, except nikons cleared it all, bummer. oh well, it does look very old skool, as in it looks relatively simple compared to ikaruga/borderdown they both have innovative gameplay and try to do something new, maybe this will be a welcome return to the norm.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:56 pm
quote : #22
lordnikon wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:

I cleaned up the thread everyone. The flaming was unwarrented and was not supported by any evidence at all, and just biased opinions, on some respects my own as well. I edited out everyone's thread who was bouncing offtopic. Even my own post (heheh red text in my own post lol)

Back onto Trizeal. I hope it has internet rankings. It would be a great bonus to the game. Also what I really hope is that it would have an in-game web browser as well. I miss seeing the "homepage" link in a Dreamcast game. It was always a piece of interactivity I loved about Dreamcast games.

I didn't read ultrapro's last post before edit, but I saw no flaming on the thread prior to that. But then this site does have that reputation.

It is already CONFIRMED that the game will have net rankings. I can read Japanese, to a decent extent, and yes, TS' site clearly mentions that Trizeal will have net rankings. This is not 'opinion', it is fact. I am reading the Trizeal DC spage on the site right now under 'DC Specification' - and it very clearly, without ambiguity, states that there is internet ranking. Other promiment members of DC-related boards such as SEGAGAGADomain's Yakumo, and Japan-Gaming's GaijinPunch, have also posted news about this and directly translating the specifics on the site have confirmed net ranking is mentioned.
If you want any more confirmation I'm afraid you'll have to learn to read Japanese - yourself.

Or go the Babelfish route and translate SEGA Direct's blurb on the game - even the mangled mess of a trnaslation it produces makes it clear the game has net ranking :

シューティング ラブ。まだ愛は醒めていない!

違いのわかるファンに好評な王道シューティング! シンプルでありながら奥深いゲーム性!DC版ではアーケード版には無かったインターネットランキング機能搭載! ステージ毎にスコアを競うスコアアタックモード も搭載!アーケード版では登場しなかった幻のステージやオリジナルミニゲームを収録!

【メーカー特典】バンダナ
ボーナストラックス

Translation a la Babelfish:
Shooting love. Still love has not awakened! In the fan which the difference is understood popular kingcraft shooting! Although being simple, deep game characteristic! In DC edition in arcade edition Internet ranking functional loading which is not! It loads also the score attack mode which rivals score to every stage! In arcade edition recording the stage and the original mini- game of the vision which does not appear! < Manufacturer benefit > Bandanna ボーナストラックス

What we don't know for sure is whether it will be in-game or passworded a la Ikaruga GC.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:11 pm
quote : #23
Quote:
But then this site does have that reputation.

you've lost me here completely. and that quote from the japanese translation is very hard to understand but it does give hope i guess. cant wait to know for sure, it should be a great game either way.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:18 pm
quote : #24
ultrapro wrote:
Quote:
But then this site does have that reputation.

you've lost me here completely. and that quote from the japanese translation is very hard to understand but it does give hope i guess. cant wait to know for sure, it should be a great game either way.

I meant a rep for not allowing anything distantly related to a flame. Which i snot necessarily a bad thing.

Of course the translation is hard to understand, babelfish mangles Japanese transaltions. But the words intenret and ranking are clearly mentioned. If anyone has any doubt that Trizeal DC wiill have net ranking, despite the above and despite various Japanese/English gaming sites making it clear it will feature net ranking, I have to say, the only way someone like that is going to be sure with that kind of thinking is to learn Japanese themselves!
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:48 pm
quote : #25
lordnikon wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:

Haha, thanks.

Yeah, it would be great to have some kind of online function. Although while I would prefer online co-op (as Trizeal is a 2 player game), as they say in they often say Dreamcast community these days, "better something then nothing". Frankly, it would just add yet another reason to the long list of reasons to buy the game.

Are you planning anything special to promote Trizeal? DcD is planning an entire campaign, and will even be offering the game up for preoder. If you wish, we could get you in on the deal we have with Yakumo of Segagaga.

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2005 3:51 pm:

meseta wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
nuckles87 wrote:

I didn't read ultrapro's last post before edit, but I saw no flaming on the thread prior to that. But then this site does have that reputation.

It is already CONFIRMED that the game will have net rankings. I can read Japanese, to a decent extent, and yes, TS' site clearly mentions that Trizeal will have net rankings. This is not 'opinion', it is fact. I am reading the Trizeal DC spage on the site right now under 'DC Specification' - and it very clearly, without ambiguity, states that there is internet ranking. Other promiment members of DC-related boards such as SEGAGAGADomain's Yakumo, and Japan-Gaming's GaijinPunch, have also posted news about this and directly translating the specifics on the site have confirmed net ranking is mentioned.
If you want any more confirmation I'm afraid you'll have to learn to read Japanese - yourself.

Or go the Babelfish route and translate SEGA Direct's blurb on the game - even the mangled mess of a trnaslation it produces makes it clear the game has net ranking :

シューティング ラブ。まだ愛は醒めていない!

違いのわかるファンに好評な王道シューティング! シンプルでありながら奥深いゲーム性!DC版ではアーケード版には無かったインターネットランキング機能搭載! ステージ毎にスコアを競うスコアアタックモード も搭載!アーケード版では登場しなかった幻のステージやオリジナルミニゲームを収録!

【メーカー特典】バンダナ
ボーナストラックス

Translation a la Babelfish:
Shooting love. Still love has not awakened! In the fan which the difference is understood popular kingcraft shooting! Although being simple, deep game characteristic! In DC edition in arcade edition Internet ranking functional loading which is not! It loads also the score attack mode which rivals score to every stage! In arcade edition recording the stage and the original mini- game of the vision which does not appear! < Manufacturer benefit > Bandanna ボーナストラックス

What we don't know for sure is whether it will be in-game or passworded a la Ikaruga GC.

All I have to say about that is: awesome. Provided it's in game. It'd be nice to add another game to the list.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm
quote : #26
meseta wrote:

Awsome Cool

meseta wrote:

This is all confirmation enough, I appreciate the time taken to come back and inform in this thread. Since I have been swamped trying to get these site revamps done. (note: these major revamps are for PC surfers....not much I can do to the DC short of fixing interface glitches or html wackyness, since I'm always trying to keep things speedy for the DC.)

Posted Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:45 pm:

nuckles87 wrote:
Are you planning anything special to promote Trizeal? DcD is planning an entire campaign, and will even be offering the game up for preoder. If you wish, we could get you in on the deal we have with Yakumo of Segagaga.

I am just going to put up an information page, along with graphics around the site and prolly a sticky in Dreamcast Lounge forum. That's pretty much it. I just want those who don't know much about it to get the full lowdown so if they want to buy it, they know the full story, and to attract new buyers off the site.
Posted:
Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:56 pm
quote : #27
Cool. Very Happy.