Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
Omeil
rank 2
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:44 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey guys well the problem is when i click connect on my DC it says Dialing modem i wait i wait........ Rolling Eyes then it says that
unable to dial modem and then it comes with the trouble shooting stuff i followed them but the same.

So in other words i can't even connect online on the Game is this normal or somethin anyways thanks for reading this.

ahem any ideas? Very Happy
shenmue 2
Out Trigger and stuff
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:19 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
4x4 Evolution sometimes can get tricky. If you do not have your ISP info entered in a precise way you can sometimes not be able to connect. The Dreamcast has 2 dialup isp account fields. It all depends on what software you use to configure your Dreamcast to sign onto the internet. Also 4x4 EVO has a built in online config menu.

Also you have to watch what the console is dialing. Sometimes if you enter the information in a certain way it will end up dialing your area code and then the last 4 digits of your phone number.

This could be why your having trouble connecting. I would highly recommend going over how all of your information is entered and try a few things to see if you can get it to sign on correctly.
Posted:
Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:32 am
quote : #3
Well i went over the info and i don't have my area code or anything so the number that it's dialing is correct i checked my ISP settings and the modem settings and everything seems correct i was thinking that it could be a DNS problem maby it can't find my ISP's DNS so just use ipconfig to find my DNS and i just entered it right now and im gonna go test it right ill tell ya if it worked..

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:45 pm:

Crying or Very sad I't didn't work it tells me the same thing unable to dial modem... i don't know whats wrong, i changed the DNS addresses but i gusse the probem isn't from that and my ISP ph number seems to be correct i dunno what else to do .

Phantasy Star Online v2 and quake 3 arena work online without a hassle well quake 3 arena i have to enter the ip addresses manually because the master server list dosen't show up.

Anyways any other ideas on 4x4 Evolution?? Anyone have the same problem as me
shenmue 2
Out Trigger and stuff