Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:58 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
I purchased a copy of Sonic Adventure 2 that appeared to be in pristine condition. The case, booklet and disc all seemed brand new. Unfortunately, I have tried it in two perfectly working Dreamcasts, and it won't load in either one - it hangs up on the white Dreamcast logo screen. Upon very close inspection of the disc, a couple of narrow scratches are visible running across the inner section from the hub to the Sega ring. I tried my Disk Doctor on it, and it did load a bit further, but still ended up getting hung up.

Has anyone run into a problem like this before and fixed it? If so, please let me know what you did. I bought the game off eBay, and especially considering the otherwise great shape of it, I really don't want to send it back. Before running it through the Disk Doctor again I wanted to see if anyone has another alternative that works.

I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks!

How are my little crackers doing today?
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:55 pm
quote : #2
I have had this happen to several discs.

Blue Stinger
Sonic Adventure
Test Drive 6
Soul Calibur

Unfortunately, i dont think it can be fixed. You should probobly just buy another copy.
rank 21
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:50 am
quote : #3
okm this used to happen to my sonic adventure game cos it has loads of scratches
here goes advice hope it helps it did with me
grab a really good cloth like 1 u would use to clean glasses or something really sensitive then
just a few drops of water to the gd rom and dry it with the cloth then get some tissue and carefully dry it completely
hopefully it aint that damaged to u to play sonic adventure 2 cos I have that game and its really great
reply here what happens thanks

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:40 am
quote : #4
that just cleans the dirt and stuff, charmed, not the scratches. its good advice, but it won't help one of these problems. i had to return an scratchless fur fighters for a very scratched one that worked...it sux, but i don't think theres nething u can do.