Topic: maracas and light guns

Page 1 of 2
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:22 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
hehe i got a pelican gun by trading away my crappy chacha amigo maracas Twisted Evil Twisted Evil house of the dead 2 kicks with these babies. unfortunately i can't beat the game with out the gun set to turbo Embarassed yeah i suck. neway, you picking up starlancer for 1 dollar is INSANE....grr lucky duck. on the other hand, i've scored some really great pickups in my time as well: sword of the berserk for 9.99, and...wait for it....seaman w/ mic in box unopened for Exclamation 2 Exclamation dollas. ::slap!::
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:44 pm
quote : #2
You... traded in your maracas?! I don't care if they were of the Cha Cha variety. I have two lightguns and I always liked the maracas more...

I had to give them back to my girlfriend though... I think I broke them trying to beat Super Hard Mode.
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:36 pm
quote : #3
cha cha amigo maracas weren't horrible, its just they weren't very accurate. at least with the gun I know that i'm in control, as evidenced by the rolling zombie heads Twisted Evil also, i just couldn't appreciate samba de amigo as much more than a party game and though i love to party, i just didn't have them that often. i need incentive to make myself dance like a fool, i don't need incentive to shoot things jumping at me...well at least in videogames. o and i beat samba de amigo in like a month, so i didn't really want the controller that much.
rank 33
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:18 pm
quote : #4
Yeah, but it's a lot easier to get a light gun than it is a working pair of Maracas. Their always good to bring out for the ocassional party. It makes the drinks flow even easier.

Anyway, my biggest scores as of late were:

Sword of the Berserk - a like new copy for $9.99
Resident Evil 2 - Complete, great condition, $12
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - like new copy for $12
Headhunter - New, sealed PAL copy $18 shipped
Project Justice - New, sealed $9.99 (Thank you EB!) Very Happy
Mad Catz Lightblaster - Like new $10 (Completes my set!)
Sonic Adventure 2 - New, sealed $12 shipped.

My biggest deal on a game though was for the PS2. I bought NBA Street Volume 2 for just $5 shortly after its release. That had to be a mistake.

How are my little crackers doing today?
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:33 pm
quote : #5
where do you get your lightguns? i haven't been able to find any, at least not at a decent price. i've found at least two sites that have chacha amigos going for 20 bucks.
rank 16
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:42 pm
quote : #6
Where are those 20 dollar Cha Cha sites?

And how can you beat Samba? That's nearly impossible for a guy like me. Were you playing Version 1 or Version 2000? Version 2000 is so much better than the first and has Hustle mode... a completely different way of using the Maracas. The Cha Cha's kept on coming out of the port sockets or the sensors stopped working... so I had to find a way to make it work for me. It was a challenge, and I mostly played the game when no one was around... like a guilty pleasure of some sort.

My friends hate rhythm games because they suck at them, even when they are sober. They lack the motor skills. So the party where I brought that stuff in was a failure.

My lightguns are a big hit with my floormates, though. I found them at a GameCrazy for 20 bucks each. It wasn't that great of a deal... but a worthy purchase. They are the MadCatz brand... and they are extremely reliable for something from MadCatz. I won't ever trust them with memory cards but I will with lightguns.
Posted:
Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:48 pm
quote : #7
pakkitman wrote:
where do you get your lightguns? i haven't been able to find any, at least not at a decent price. i've found at least two sites that have chacha amigos going for 20 bucks.

You've really got to hunt around for decent light guns. I bought my first Mad Catz Light Blaster off eBay for $18. I bought the second Mad Catz gun along with an Interact gun off Craigslist. I got a screamin' deal on both guns, having paid a total of $20 for both, because I really wanted to compare both types. The Interact gun was still new in the box, but it was awful compared to the Mad Catz guns. It was extremely inaccurate and non-responsive, so I was getting wasted in both Confidential Mission and HOTD2. The Mad Catz gun, on the other hand, was extremely accurate, just like my first one.

I ended up packing up the Interact gun and selling it on eBay for $42.

Finding working maracas is more challenging. I have two pairs of 3rd party controllers, one Samba Fans set and one Cha Cha Amigo set, and I had a bit of difficulty finding a second set of controllers that actually responded and worked. Originally, I ordered two sets of brand new Samba Fans controllers from Toys N Joys, but only one set worked. I had to return the second set TWICE before they ran out of stock and refunded my money. I then went to Level Six, and they had recently switched from Carrying the Samba Fans version to the Cha Cha Amigo version for the very same reason - reliability. The Cha Cha set they sent to me worked perfectly, so after a bit of work I have two working sets.

I rarely ever use the maracas, mostly for occasional parties or farting around with the family, but one thing's for sure - I'll never part with them, or my light guns.

Last edited by kingofgrills on Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

How are my little crackers doing today?
ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:13 pm
quote : #8
well i got a free light gun when i won an ebay auction for a game, it was quite funny, i hadnt read the small print so when this light gun turned up i was like "heh, this idiot has sent me the wrong stuff" so i emailed him and he said, "nope its yours!" so lucky me!!
Posted:
Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:00 pm
quote : #9
ultrapro wrote:
well i got a free light gun when i won an ebay auction for a game, it was quite funny, i hadnt read the small print so when this light gun turned up i was like "heh, this idiot has sent me the wrong stuff" so i emailed him and he said, "nope its yours!" so lucky me!!

Lucky Bum yet again! THat is amazing that they would give it for free, is it good, or a peice of crap?
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:27 pm
quote : #10
MK wrote:
Where are those 20 dollar Cha Cha sites?

And how can you beat Samba? That's nearly impossible for a guy like me. Were you playing Version 1 or Version 2000? Version 2000 is so much better than the first and has Hustle mode... a completely different way of using the Maracas. The Cha Cha's kept on coming out of the port sockets or the sensors stopped working... so I had to find a way to make it work for me. It was a challenge, and I mostly played the game when no one was around... like a guilty pleasure of some sort.

My friends hate rhythm games because they suck at them, even when they are sober. They lack the motor skills. So the party where I brought that stuff in was a failure.

My lightguns are a big hit with my floormates, though. I found them at a GameCrazy for 20 bucks each. It wasn't that great of a deal... but a worthy purchase. They are the MadCatz brand... and they are extremely reliable for something from MadCatz. I won't ever trust them with memory cards but I will with lightguns.

Its cheap at the creators site, but since I don't own them nemore I can't remember their name and I can't find it on the net. it's 25 bucks at play-asia tho. i beat samba de amigo by a. being a percussionist (the same reason i beat space channel 5 in an hour) b. having version 1 c. not being afraid to lose sleep so i could dance like an idiot in boxers with lightable maracas in my hands d. friend's encouragement. I avoided 2000 for the chief reason that I had heard that it wasn't even worth attempting "hustle" mode unless you had the really expensive official sega maracas. skrew dat, sez I. Rolling Eyes
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:44 pm
quote : #11
Yeah, but they added Super Hard Mode for all of the songs. And an EXTREMELY fun Survival mode where you can only make like 8 mistakes. Plus, there are more than 40 songs in Version 2000. And some of the new songs rock. I hardly even play the Hustle mode... just the other extra stuff from Version 2000 makes me think: How could have I been happy with Version 1 when Version 2000 is so much better.

The only bad thing about v2000 is that they took out the "party games" like the Guacamole, the rock smashing thing, etc. They did add a Volleyball game that's challenging, but I miss the whack-a-mole.
Posted:
Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:15 pm
quote : #12
MK wrote:
The only bad thing about v2000 is that they took out the "party games" like the Guacamole, the rock smashing thing, etc. They did add a Volleyball game that's challenging, but I miss the whack-a-mole.

I found that Guacamole was fun but expendable. but, boy o boy, the name!!! Laughing
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:17 pm
quote : #13
Does V2000 have full english with it despite being an import.
rank 16
Posted:
Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:43 pm
quote : #14
The only thing that is Japanese is the main menu and most of the options. Though all the Song titles/difficulties are in English. After a while, I just memorized where each option was. And you have to know how tall you are in centimeters. In spite of that: Way better than version 1.
Posted:
Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:21 am
quote : #15
however, i heard a review saying that it wasn't worth a purchase if you already had the original. it sounds more like a 1.5 if anything. plus its much more expensive now than samba de amigo.