Topic: Explain Sega Tetris Please

Page 1 of 1
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:03 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
I've seen Tetris (2?) on the SNES, and it was great, being able to dump your lines on the opponent everytime you knock off 2 or more. There was another feature involving Dr. Mario, but I wasn't too interested in that. What exactly is so special about Sega Tetris, besides it looking pretty?

I am intersted in including this in the DC NYC Meet, and I need to know how this game plays. I am saving up my cash before buying supplies closer to the date it will take place.

Explain Sega Tetris 2 vs 2, please.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:15 am
quote : #2
were talking about sega tetris the japan only game, not online tetris right? in that case, it's developed by WOW (which reminds me, i need to get World of Warcraft), the wonderful developers of sega gt '02, alien front online, and quiz ahh! my goddess (no i'm serious) Mr. Green . and uhh, i played it twice and found it overwhelming. it's got clean graphics and nice little animal's clearing your completed lines but this game is HARD. those *&%$ing pieces fall way too fast for me. but i just played it at my friends house (who is a hardcore game collecter) and didn't have a lot of time to spend with it. as for the vs. link, i don't really know, but i assume its like two player where if you eliminate 3 (? can't remember?) lines they go over to the other person's side.
rank 28
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:17 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Heres a link to the News post about it.

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3113
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:30 am
quote : #4
I read through the first page of that, I remember reading that thread before. I want to know the mechanics of the 2vs2 game play.

does player 1 only send stuff to player 3 and 2 only to 4, or what?

And I used to think that Tetris Level 9 was way too fast, and then that was the only level we would play it on.

Good luck w/ the quize.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:52 pm
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I can't remember off the top of my head how the mechanics work in the 4 player mode. I believe each player has their own tetris area and its score based? I'm assuming though. All I did at the time was get everything on to make sure it worked. i neglected to spend more time determining exaclty what impact it had on the gameplay specifically. More importantly it was sort of hard since....it's hard to play 4 player tetris by yourself...hahah. I didn't even have it setup on 2 screens. I was using my video switch box to bounce back and forth between the 2 dc's.
Posted:
Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:31 pm
quote : #6
well I'll try to figure it out before I do my thing I guess. But if anyone does find out before that, post here. When I figure it out, I plan on posting here.