Topic: Vs Cable symbol

Page 1 of 3
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
can someone post what the symbol or statement line that means a game uses the Vs Cable in Jap games. It would be in the section where the spine card would cover I guess, could be wrong. Someone help me out, I will be looking at lots of jap backs soon, so I would like to know.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:08 am
quote : #2
Mr. Spank wrote:
Someone help me out, I will be looking at lots of jap backs soon, so I would like to know.

perverse asian butt fetish? mr. spank, u naughty man. Shocked as for the symbol, i don't think it is a symbol, its just writing, as i've looked on a few different cases and haven't seen a difference in symbols besides the writing.
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:44 am
quote : #3
well I regularly look at the asian backsides, when they have one, (ha HA!) but I need to know, is it in the right side of the back where all the info is or the bottom like US games? What does the line look like, any english in it, or is it katakana or hirogana or kanji?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:20 am
quote : #4
Mr. Spank wrote:
well I regularly look at the asian backsides, when they have one, (ha HA!) but I need to know, is it in the right side of the back where all the info is or the bottom like US games? What does the line look like, any english in it, or is it katakana or hirogana or kanji?

the info is all in the top right corner of the backside... plenty of pics to look off of on segagagadomain.com
of course there are plenty more sites w/ pics of japanese backsides i could show u... they're rather whoop ass mr spank (takes out foam hand) Wink
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:24 am
quote : #5
Good point, Pakkitman. Compare the back covers for Aero Dancing F or VO:OT for simularities.

How are my little crackers doing today?
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:37 pm
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok please note, I am not trying to discourage further research here. If you have the time to do this more, awsome. I am just letting you know I already did this. I went through tons of JP games, and did this. Which is how I found out that SegaTetris had the vs link cable capability.

Also after a few days of comparing scanned covers I had found out a faster way. I used a search engine to search the japanese chars on the sega.co.jp website. This is eventually how I came across sega tetris, and also verified aero dancing i as having this capability as well.

But yea a good thing to do would be to compare 2 system link compatible games for the same jp text. I had figured it out before, but now I can't remember.
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:26 pm
quote : #7
ok, stopped by the store today, and picked up exactly what I intended to, Sega Tetris, Aero Dancing and Aero Dancing F. All brand new and $10 each. The tetris one is really easy to see its Vs, it has a picture of 2 DCs connected and says "online battle" w/ the picture. The Aero Fighter F it says in English 'cable play' as well as 'vs play' in the bottom left. I don't see any pictures of english that says that. Comparing the 2 Aero games, the F has an additional info bubble in the spine area, but that could mean anything. I also see ASCII in one of the info bubbles, I am guessing that refers to a flight stick or some controller right? Thats what ASCII makes, game peripherals.

And just to top things off, I even found a Sega Rally Netlink Edition, also for $10! Woo hoo!

They had one more Sega Tetris in the store, I thought I would hold off on that untill later.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:54 pm
quote : #8
Mr. Spank wrote:
ok, stopped by the store today, and picked up exactly what I intended to, Sega Tetris, Aero Dancing and Aero Dancing F. All brand new and $10 each. The tetris one is really easy to see its Vs, it has a picture of 2 DCs connected and says "online battle" w/ the picture. The Aero Fighter F it says in English 'cable play' as well as 'vs play' in the bottom left. I don't see any pictures of english that says that. Comparing the 2 Aero games, the F has an additional info bubble in the spine area, but that could mean anything. I also see ASCII in one of the info bubbles, I am guessing that refers to a flight stick or some controller right? Thats what ASCII makes, game peripherals.

And just to top things off, I even found a Sega Rally Netlink Edition, also for $10! Woo hoo!

They had one more Sega Tetris in the store, I thought I would hold off on that untill later.

Woah, you found all of that??? Where in the heck do you live and what store was that???

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:52 pm
quote : #9
NYC, on St. Marks. Did I mention I picked up a brand new controller too? They had alot more stuff I wanted, but today's mission was for those 3 games. I posted a thread in the 'off topic' section about sharing info on stores to buy stuff.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:07 pm
quote : #10
Uhhh pffff....I am glowing with envy. Embarassed Those are some incredible deals. I wish I could get those games for that price. You are a lucky man. Kudos.
Posted:
Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:12 pm
quote : #11
I also did this all while on the job, lets not forget that! Twisted Evil
They are starting to treat me like a regular in that store. One of them even said I should work there. That would be a nice job, classic video game store. They had cool stuff out today, and were probably one of the only places that weren't sold out of PSPs, but I'm not interested in those.

I'll post on this thread next time I go there. That might be tomorrow...or not, haven't decided, should cut back on my spending, REAL 3DO FZ1 might be my last purchase for a while. That store is fun though, lots of obscure stuff there, and people come in who know less than me, and I get to show off my game knowledge Mr. Green

The majority of my DC games are jap, same goes for my Saturn games. Well, out of the original games that is. If people want to come down to that store, find the thread about sharing resources in the 'off topic' section.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:35 pm
quote : #12
Aaah!! You went to my favorite hole-in-the-wall store, St. Mark's Games, didn't you?!! Whenever I visit NYC, I stop in for a splurge. They rule!

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:15 pm
quote : #13
They are called Media 2 now. Yes, it is my favorit hole in the wall that doesn't dispence food. I feel like I am clearing out their best stuff (of the stuff I am actually interested in), so thats kinda depressing. And before yesterday, my CD rack was nice and neat, and now I have to rearange again. I hate having to do that. Where are you at kingofgrills?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:19 pm
quote : #14
next time i got 2 nyc, prolly in summer, i'll have to check out said hole in the wall. sounds freakin sweet. Cool
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:48 pm
quote : #15
Ok, I was sorting tons of files last night. Namely my research folders trying to consolidate my research to start adding guides to the site. And I found the graphic! I hope this is of interest. Here is the line of text on the back of the games that stands for Dreamcast VS Link Cable:

Wink