Topic: Vs Cable symbol

Page 2 of 3
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:54 pm
quote : #16
profile : pm
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. maybe, we'll be able to find some more vs. link games (although not entirely likely) w/ this information... it kinda looks like "kij" which'll make it much easier for me, who can't read japanese. Embarassed
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:01 pm
quote : #17
Type: NTSC-U/C
It's really not that likely. Some quick info here. All the games currently supporting the DC VS cable, are first part developed. The Aero Dancing series was developed by CRI which worked on most of sega's compression codecs and also was extremly close with AM2. I also think they just got absorbed into AM2 since they AM2 ended up making Aero Dancing 4 on PS2.

Anyways, F355, VOOT, and Sega Tetris are all arcade games and were system link in the arcade.

So if you go by this information, the odds of some random third party developer using this cable is 0. And all of the sega first party titles have already been gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Just giving more info here so people can concentrate their efforts.
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:43 pm
quote : #18
lordnikon wrote:
Ok, I was sorting tons of files last night. Namely my research folders trying to consolidate my research to start adding guides to the site. And I found the graphic! I hope this is of interest. Here is the line of text on the back of the games that stands for Dreamcast VS Link Cable:

Wink

That's all chicken scratch to me, I hope that will help someone, but I can't deciever it/
rank 41
Posted:
Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:41 pm
quote : #19
Chile wrote:
lordnikon wrote:
Ok, I was sorting tons of files last night. Namely my research folders trying to consolidate my research to start adding guides to the site. And I found the graphic! I hope this is of interest. Here is the line of text on the back of the games that stands for Dreamcast VS Link Cable:

Wink

That's all chicken scratch to me, I hope that will help someone, but I can't deciever it/

whats there to decipher? the lines are repeating and they all mean vs. link compatible... and the first three characters look kinda like (kij) so i'll go through segagaga domain and see if i can spot them... sadly, this is my idea of fun on a saturday night. Rolling Eyes
rank 12
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:07 am
quote : #20
thats some great researching, and I sure am glad that you find it fun!

I recognize the spine cards from Aero Dancing F but what are the other 2? None of them are tetris spine cards, that one has a line that starts like that, but it ends with a period (hovering dot realy) and the second word/phrase is different.

I still haven't poped those games open. Might leave Tetris and Aero Wings sealed and only open Aero Wings F, I know I won't sell them, I just don't want to devirginize them! Embarassed Besides the homebrew Tetris 2 is hot! but yeah, thats some great researching, what are the other two games am I looking at? VO:OT?

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:39 pm:

P.S:
Just to confirm, US versions of the Aero Dancing games don't have system link/vs cable feature, correct?

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:16 pm
quote : #21
us versions?

is that what aerowings is?
if that's so then no.
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:41 pm
quote : #22
Yea, its aerowings. I thought for a while Aero Dancing was some kind of dancing game.
rank 41
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:06 pm
quote : #23
dwachill wrote:
I thought for a while Aero Dancing was some kind of dancing game.

free style air dancing? sadly, i don't think its that far off. Rolling Eyes
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:43 pm
quote : #24
Really? I own Aerowings but the only time its ever been in my DC is when i bought it to make sure it worked.
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:29 pm
quote : #25
Mr. Spank wrote:
P.S:
Just to confirm, US versions of the Aero Dancing games don't have system link/vs cable feature, correct?

correct
Posted:
Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 pm
quote : #26
yeah, after I posted that question I poked around the vs link section and got my answer there, but thanks for answering anyway.

so, can you get 'served' in the air, then have to bust out the moves... Question

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:27 am
quote : #27
yeah, and if the crowds don't like you, ur parachute won't open. Twisted Evil
rank 33
Posted:
Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:09 pm
quote : #28
Mr. Spank wrote:
They are called Media 2 now. Yes, it is my favorit hole in the wall that doesn't dispence food. I feel like I am clearing out their best stuff (of the stuff I am actually interested in), so thats kinda depressing. And before yesterday, my CD rack was nice and neat, and now I have to rearange again. I hate having to do that. Where are you at kingofgrills?

They're called Media 2 now, huh? I know the ownership changed within the past 6-9 months or so, but I haven' t been there since last June. I live in Portland, Oregon, but I have friends who live in Jersey City Heights (Hoboken area), and we frequent the Village, and that store, whenever I come to town. I love that shop.

As for the Japanese writing designating the link symbol, the first 8 characters highlighted literally sound out "Doo - ree - muu - cyastu." That's the part just before the big black smudge, which is Kanji, and unreadable by me.

If you look at any other Japanese DC game case or box, you'll begin to recognize those 8 characters as "Dreamcast." If it's not written out in English, that is.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:32 pm
quote : #29
I got my jap VO:OT today. I don't even want to take it out of the plastic. Its so immaculate. Very Happy
Brand new Cool
I took a pic of the spine cards of my 3 games together, don't know if I can load it up in the post. I took a pic of all my VO stuff, and luckly, got it uploaded into my gallery, had to crop it to make it fit.
Besides my CD rack already being full, VO:OT is a fatty! And I am all out of room for fatties because PSO (PAL) and Gundam Battle Online and Sonic Adv. 2 take up all my fatty spaces!
I will open up VO:OT soon, and when I do I will reattach the stickers that are on the plastic wrapping onto the jewelcase, like I did w/ my Sonic Adv. 2. I don't like to throw stuff away. Rolling Eyes

I should really open up and try out all these games that I got recently, I just feel like I am going to RUIN them, as if the drop in their virtual value will be so significant in my life, in which I don't even plan on reselling this stuff!

it looks like there is no option for me to upload my pics of the spine card, thats OK, because its probably the same stuff as lordnikons backs, right, you used Sega Tetris, Aero Dancing F and VO:OT?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:17 pm
quote : #30
Dude, its just plastic and paper...rememeber that! Open the damn thing. You're doing a serious injustice by not opening it!! The manual for JP VOOT is 75 fucking pages long!!! Shocked It shows all the pictures for the online mode in full color (tiny, but still, full color). JP VOOT has more features than the US voot, with a VR customize program and emblem creator.

Re-attach the stickers? hehe dude stick them in the middle of the manual. I always take the spine card and any other materials and just slip them right in the middle of the manual where the staples are. Fits perfectly. If you have a "red" warning sticker in japanese then that is saying that the game is currently offline and can no longer be played online.

My motto is this. Make sure the manual peices and disc stays safe and in good condition. You can always replace cases. They are there to protect the game and it's contents. So if those get roughed up over time so what? You can replace them with a brand new shiny cd case so easily.

I have some PS1 games where the cases are really buffed up. All I have to do is take out the flawless manual and disc and put it into a new fresh never used crispy CD case, and the thing looks as if I just took the plastic off.

Open your games and enjoy them. Seriously. Your only on this planet for so long.

I treat my gamediscs like they are heavenly gold though hehe. 1 scratch and it could be all over. I never touch the bottom and always grab from the sides. hehhee.