Page 1 of 1
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:19 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well I dont know what else to do with regards to games requiring the uploading of files to onlineconsoles for game interaction. I have been unsuccessful in finding a VMU upload script for uploading files. The way I see it, we have 2 options:

Option #1
Aqiure a free hosting account at the same site I was using for the uploading of PSO saves....(http://www.web1000.com), and use this account along with the planetweb ftp vmu transfer tool. Warning only use this method to get your files converted and to the site...then download them and exchange them to me or other gamer's via email. For users who do no own computers, this is the method your going to have to use. Also your way for sending the file is to send the URL to the .vmi file via email.

or

Option #2
Something way easier, buy a 4x vmu w/ transfer cable. (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-v-70-1u-4-7.html) This will make things 100x easier for PC users. You can simply bring the file right over to your PC in .dci format, then email it to another user who also has a cable, and your swappin MSR time trials left and right Smile

I just spent about 2-3 hours screwing around with an illegid perl script which doesn't seem to function, and scouring the web for any downloadable source for a script I could install. Couldn't find anything. So these 2 methods above are the 2 best things I could think of. I really think the VMU + Transfer cable will come in serious handy if you want to activly trade MSR time trial files. Also I could probobly set up an automated script where users could upload .dci files, and the script would automatically list the file along with the users information and gamename etc etc. So users could have more control, and it would be automated.

A full tutorial section on the website with complete details along with official vmu email addresses for emailing vmi and vms files will become available shortly...if you guys are down with my proposal.

These methods are essential before any MSR and Chu Chu Rocket event's can take place.
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:20 pm
quote : #2
This has been such a dream, battle and failure also on my part. Trying to upload VMU save files to my tripod site for people to drop on by and easily download saves and archive alot of DC vmu content. But damn! can't do it on a tripod site! Best alternative is the NEXUS memory card and download a ZIP file to your computer and share the data. But still just to be able to click on a file and save it right to your VMU would be sweet.
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:30 pm
quote : #3
to participate in the email swapping, do you need to get the pop3 to work on the DC?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Chris5687
unknown
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:49 pm
quote : #4
MasterChief wrote:
to participate in the email swapping, do you need to get the pop3 to work on the DC?

That's what's he saying. different methods to do it. You can use the POP3 aaccount, or the PLanetWeb Method, or the VMU cable method.

I'm just confused what this is exactly for. Are you talking about uploading user-made chu chu puzzles as a contest for who can make the best or something? I'm not even sure what the MSR thing exctly does. Can you please explain?

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:53 pm
quote : #5
MasterChief wrote:

Nope niether of these processes would require you to have a pop3 account running on your dreamcast. Option 1, is specifically for getting MSR trials or chu chu puzzles to me, so that I can host them here on the site, during special events. Which would be MSR tournaments, or chu chu puzzle contests.

For instance with Option #1, if you do not have regular access to a PC, and purely you would use http://tools.planetweb.com to transfer the file to a web1000 hosting account. Then just sign into where ever your webbased email is, and then would be able to email the link to the file to me.

I do NOT advise that anyone use the free host method to start some huge VMU archive. it will probobly get your account cancelled and you will start running into problems. I had multiple people using 1 of the web1000 accounts for sending PSO snaps, and it would be deactivated for intermittant periods of time because to many people were conecting via ftp.

This method should be used simply for DC internet users, who need to get content off there VMU to get placed on onlineconsoles.com If you follow it liek this you shouldn't have any problems. Start abusing whatever free host you have available....and you will most definatly start running into some problems. (If you guys are ever looking to set up a actual VMU site, where you want to archive massive amounts of vmu files just get a $5.00 a month hosting account somewhere.)

The second option...using a Nexus cable and compatible VMU, along with your computer will basically let you swap freely....and very very easily with anyone else who ownz a nexus compatible setup as well. You can basically just hit people up and email files back and forth regularly.

So thats a rough overview. A full tutorial will be up covering this. If this is something people wanna take advantage of. These are the best methods i could come up with after weeks of pondering how to run MSR tournaments.

I will be getting a Nexus cable from play-asia or lik-sang...or another website very soon.
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:00 pm
quote : #6
I see the point to trading the chu chu rocket puzzles but "seeing who has the best" is gay … it will never work and is just cumbersome and kind of point less sense what you could do is with a planet web browser, attack the custom chu chu rocket map and e-mail it to another person they download it from the attacked file and they can play it too! But I’m not sure if this will work ... I only have one pop 3 account some needs to drop a e-mail here so I can test it with them.. or pm me ... but its suppose to work no reason it will not but you never know

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:22 pm
quote : #7
Also I jsut found that there are 2 different kinds of Nexus VMU's+Cable packages. There is the 4M + Free Cable for $19.90 at lik-sang.com

But they ALSO have a 2M version for only $12.90
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=31&products_id=528&

This is what I am probobly gonna get, since I will primarily be using it for MSR, Chu Chu Puzzles, and PSO Snapshots. So 12.90, thats the cheapest I could find, not a bad price if you ask me Smile

Also if you want to get the Skillz 4M VMU + Free Cable, its 16.90 at both lik-sang.com and play-asia.com