1, 2, 3, 4  Next
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:10 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Just curious to see who got their copies and when. I'm still waiting on mine. :/ Hopefully it gets here before the weekend.
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:01 am
quote : #2
Still waiting for mine to come from play-asia. Said that they despatched on Thursday... so it's been 7 days now!

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:35 am
quote : #3
i tried to read what this topic was about but i was transfixed by le spank's avatar... Shocked Shocked Shocked
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:16 am
quote : #4
Shocked you'll never watch Jungle Book the same way again!

Posted Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:00 pm:

Ignore what I said... got my copy today. It was waiting for me when I got home from work so that's 7 days since it was shipped Thursday the 8th... not bad.

The game seems pretty fun. The graphics are BLAND on the first level but they seem to be spicing up as I progress. I like its simplicity and the weapons/power up system works nicely.

I also got the music and bandana. The CD is really nice actually I have just had it on. Let track 3 play to 7mins 7secs and you'll get a 'bonus' track.

What is everyone gonna do with that bandana? It's a really odd item to have so I would be grateful for any ideas!

throw it away?
eBay it?
hang it up in my room?
store it away?
god forbid... wear it!?

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:12 pm
quote : #5
I would just wear it. DREAMCAST PRIDE!

And I'm almost more then certain that you stole/ripped the .gif of you AV off of my photobucket. SMART!
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:14 pm
quote : #6
I'm loving the game so far. I was so excited when I saw the enemy ships drop out of the clouds (as in the "stageall" movie) for the first time, in person. Mr. Green

I agree with you that the visuals do seem to perk up rapidly, not unlike the difficulty. (Spoil-ish.) One of the space stages that I saw in the attract mode looked very fluid and dynamic, with the celestial-spherical background (best way that I can describe it) and the zooming ships and everything! I've barely made it to the second level boss on one credit, so, I have a way to go. I'm debating on whether or not to try the 2P ship, since it has slightly different weapon attributes--The laser seems to be more focused, but then, the wide shot also doesn't seem so wide. I think that I remember hearing that the 2P ship is also faster than the 1P, but, it seems the same to me, from the attract mode.

What's for sure, though, is that the game is indeed fun. There's nothing like playing a brand-new DC game in 2005, and having a great time with it. Very Happy

Oh, and, I gave the bandana to my mom. She wears them sometimes, and I knew that she would understand how special it is. Plus, it apparently has purple on it, and that's her favorite color.

Edit- Oh, and, in case anyone hasn't seen this... I think that it's a good thing!

http://sega.jp/community/bbzb/101/scoop.html
DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:58 pm
quote : #7
I got mine today also, Play-Asia said it shipped on the 6th.
Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:41 am
quote : #8
icepick wrote:

Edit- Oh, and, in case anyone hasn't seen this... I think that it's a good thing!

http://sega.jp/community/bbzb/101/scoop.html

what is that site about? Confused

anyone managed to upload their score on to the ranking board yet?

Posted Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:43 am:

TTS wrote:
And I'm almost more then certain that you stole/ripped the .gif of you AV off of my photobucket. SMART!

I did steal it, just not off you. Why - did you create it or something? I've been trying to find out who did!

icepick
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:31 am
quote : #9
Le Spank wrote:

what is that site about? Confused

That's the president of Triangle Service, giving us the thumbs-up. This guy put out an incredible amount of the work which went into Trizeal, and word on the street is that the game sold well enough for the company to be out of the red. A dream, a lot of courage, a lot of heart, and a huge show of support from DC and shooting game fans everywhere, and anything is possible!

Truly, a huge win for true gamers. Triangle Service is going to be a great developer to have around. Cool

PS- Le Spank, your avatar is burning into my BRAIN! Laughing
cabou
rank 9
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:10 pm
quote : #10
I'm still waiting also...
I'd like to know the charts of the game... I wish Triangle service won't regret their choice of porting game to the DC! Mr. Green
I've jst received it! Razz u

Last edited by cabou on Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:10 pm
quote : #11
Man, I got teased today so bad. I hear a package dropped in the door. So its one of 2 orders I made....or so I thought....turns out package was not for me... Mad

Hope it comes tomarrow, if not then I have to wait all the way until monday.
Posted:
Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:13 pm
quote : #12
same here, mine didnt arrive today, im waiting for some tickets for a gig in july in london but they might not come till closer to the time and im waiting for a copy of planetweb 2.0 and some batteries for my saturn/vmu's to come so i have a few bits that will arrive some any day soon, hope the first is trizeal!!! cant wait to get it and i really hope they decide to finish and release project lamda on to dc somewhere down the line, if that site is accurate then they are in the clear for now!!
Posted:
Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:47 am
quote : #13
More Trizeal news: http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/604/604332p1.html?ui=watch

DC Game Beats PSP Game
Take that, Kutariggy!
by IGNDC
April 14, 2005 - Hi... my name is IGN Dreamcast, but you can call me IGNDC. You might remember me from such stories as this one and, less recently, this one.

Six and a half years following release, and the DC is still going in Japan. As we reported earlier in the week, Sega's last system saw some support last week as those blue-blooded souls at Triangle Service released the DC version of the arcade shooter TriZeal. We called it the greatest game ever made thanks to its new modes of play and added stages over the arcade version. Ten out of ten, editor's choice, and gamers in Japan suck if they don't buy it, yadda-yadda-yadda.
Well guess what? It actually sold! And how so! An amazing 2000 copies were shifted this past week at Japanese retail, even though the DC has all but disappeared from shelf space. This 2000 figure is actually greater than a recent PSP release, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De.

Take that, Poo Station Portable!

cabou
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:59 am
quote : #14
great new Le spank! Cool
thx! Wink
Posted:
Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:44 pm
quote : #15
I want this... NOW.

And Le Spank, I didn't make it, but I do have a slower one in m photobucket. You may use it if you like.