Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:00 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
*sigh*...I emailed Sega awhile ago asking about the ChuChu server shutdown. My original message:

Tao wrote:

Hello,
As a loyal fan of the Dreamcast video game system, I would
like to inquire about the recent server shutdown of the game ChuChu
Rocket. Is it true that this game will remain down forever? Can I ask
why this is so? Seeing as how their is still a dedicated fanbase to
the game, taking it down has dissappointed those who still
participate in online games. Consider this a plea to bring it back,
or at least, a question on why it was brought down in the first
place.

After a long time of waiting, I received a reply:

Sega Technical Support Team wrote:

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support. Unfortunately the
server for ChuChu Rocket is permanently down. There are no plans in
the future to have this up and running.

If you have a valid Hunters License as of October 1, 2003 and after,
you will receive credit for the charge against the credit card you
used at the time of renewal. This credit will be issued around
November 1, 2003.

Although this has been a difficult business decision, we know it is
necessary to allow our valuable production resources to work on new
games. On behalf of Sonic Team here at Sega, we would like to thank
you for making PSO an unforgettable experience. You have brought us
much joy and many wonderful memories. We invite you to try PSO on
GameCube and Xbox and share your knowledge and skills with other PSO
gamers so your legacy will continue to live on.

You can find more information at the Official PSO info page:

http://score.sega.com/games/phantasystaronline/help/index.html

(Actual messages copied and pasted)

Ah well...
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:29 pm
quote : #2
Well its official but I know it was gone forever ... still sucks chu chu Rocket was so much fun, but the lag will leave a bad taste in my mouth ... its unfair Japans servers are still up

EDIT: PM'ed Lord about posting the Chu Chu Rocket downloads that you could get from the official site that is now down, this is because the Jap site is still up

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:32 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
PSO? Hunter's Liscense? SEGA!?!!?!? WHAT TH E FUCK does that have to do with anything! Great fucking reply sega...great fucking reply. See that shit there pisses me off. You sent them an email about Chu Chu Rocket, and they basically took the same exact damn email they were sending to people about PSO.....

AND FUCKING REPLACED THE NAME IN THE FIRST SENTANCE WITH CHU CHU ROCKET?!!?!?!?!?!

They completed neglected to fix the rest of the email....which clearly has nothign to do with chu chu rocket. Man....more pre-manufactured bullshit emails from some twit in a cubicle.

That's horrible. I think I am gonna start just bashing them emails, sending them the same email over and over. Hell maybe I will actually write them a snail mail letter. Over and Over again until they give us a different reply.

All we wanted was a direct answer but no they pay some fruit brain, 30,000 a year to shit out corp memo's.....the SAME corp memo's for every damn question that comes in. That's just SHIT customer service plain and simple.
Posted:
Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:37 pm
quote : #4
Nice choice of words lordnikon Surprised But really, sega needs to care more for the fans. But they obviously don't care for loyal fans. Otherwise there would be Shenmue III, Shining Force IV, SEGA servers open and a bunch of mopre games fans love.

But no, sega is ina ll for the money, They make the low-quality games for the casal gamer that we fans don't really care all too much for.

evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:10 am
quote : #5
DAAAMMM NIKON I SWEAR I JUST SAW YOUR EYES GLoW AND FANGS ABOUT TO POP OUTTA YOUR MOUTH

but yeah your right, we definatly deserve a definate answer, i mean sure sega DC is no longet as a world wide selling machine, but whoever owns it, is still a customer of the company that has created the machine,therefore we deserve a definate answer on any software or hardware that we purchase that has been publiashed under the companies license
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:27 pm
quote : #6
LOL, nikon, you're right, when I first saw the email, I was like WTH? But I just went with it...I also emailed Sonic Team, maybe they'll give us a little bit better of an answer. Rolling Eyes
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:13 pm
quote : #7
Wow that sucks. We should all spam them the same email.

UniqueTwitch
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:31 am
quote : #8
DUDE.... You are right Nikon... BURN ALL SLAVES TO THE CUBICLE AND PRE MANUFACTURED EMAILS!

Grrrr We seriously need to start our own server. This pisses me off. First Outtrigger, then PSO now Chuchu... the prophecy of all dreamcast banishment is being fufilled. DOWN WITH THE PARLIAMENT! DEMOCRACY LIVES ON!

Ok over that but seriously, are they gonna take down Starlancer now? Geez... anyway every Chuchu fan out there remember that oneday, somehow there will be another server!
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:59 am
quote : #9
SEGA makes me angry! But u have to admit they brought us a whole lot of good! But now they poo on our loyal fan faces Shocked
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 9:12 am
quote : #10
While I’m mad Sega closed them but it was a simple business decision. The Dreamcast because of their mistakes failed and they aren't going to support the system forever, it was a good 2 years that most games stayed online. Not only that but I think Sega would have kept them up but They wanted to close servers that were costing a lot and no one went on (I mean that like in great numbers for some time now) I glad they were kept up so long,

But I wish Sega would have released the servers programs... its weird because this has never happened in history, people fight to have server programs to consoles games. As far as the pre-made responses its because I think Sega of America has already made the decision to not let out the server programs for some weird agenda and isn't going to comment on it other then what they are told to say, but man they could have deleted the PSO crap on the end that’s sad.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:02 pm
quote : #11
Type: NTSC-U/C
My "theory" is...that the root behind dreamcast servers going offline, its because of Nokia. I fear we may never see dreamcast online servers back for many games because I think sega didn't jsut liscense SNAP to Nokia. Nokia freaking bought the entire technology package and ordered Sega to cease and kill all use of the technology........this meant...our beloved dreamcast online games, which sega I feel would have kept the games online for as long as they could.

The Nokia aquirement of SNAP technology, coincided directly with the dreamcast servers going offline. I didn't realise this until about october or something. I can't really believe I never thought about it at the time. It was all there right in front of me.

If you want a conspiracy theory.....Nokia caused the downfall of most of the sega dreamcast online servers.
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:13 pm
quote : #12
lordnikon wrote:
*SNIP*

That's horrible. I think I am gonna start just bashing them emails, sending them the same email over and over. Hell maybe I will actually write them a snail mail letter. Over and Over again until they give us a different reply.

All we wanted was a direct answer but no they pay some fruit brain, 30,000 a year to shit out corp memo's.....the SAME corp memo's for every damn question that comes in. That's just SHIT customer service plain and simple.

Snail mail is an excellent idea. I really have to point something out here; this is for all of you who have ever sent off an email to a company (or are thinking about it now).

Emails are fine and good, but a paper letter is worth many hundreds of emails. Maybe it's because someone has to actually write/print it and go to a mailbox to send it, maybe it's because it costs 37 cents instead of being free, or maybe it's something else, but it's true. If you really want to be taken seriously and you want to make an impression, take the time to write a paper letter. You don't have to write it all out by hand. Just type it carefully, try not to curse (though I know we all want to), include your name and return address, SPELLCHECK it, print it, sign it, and throw it in an envelope. Twenty paper letters in somebody's office means much, much more than 1,000 emails in somebody's inbox.

And yes, a customer that is inquiring about a server shutdown for their beloved game deserves more respect than a quickly pasted form letter that was written for a totally different game. That's just not cool.

Last edited by martianviking on Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:33 pm
quote : #13
ive been thinking of starting a lettar AND email campaign for a while. i mean, its worth a shot. whrer should i start?

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:20 pm
quote : #14
Well, Im going to write a letter to Sega of America soon about the server program. And yes making it sound professionaly is a huge key, without that it will be a joke. But when you send a well written a polite letter Sega will take the time to give a responce thats good. Man if only I had thought of that for my PSO petition damn, but still i think those servers would have gone down anyways.

aflyingcow
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:58 pm
quote : #15
You should know: Petition Online almost NEVER ever works.