Page Location: Home > 4x4 Evolution > Topic
2zer01
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 2:47 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hhhmm Ive looked everywhere around these forums to see why the g-rated server is so stric , I found no answers but complaints, and finally I had a chit chat with the "big kahuna" as you might wanna call em, of the g-rated room. Also the moderators like to abuse new online players.......

---Basic rules----
`Same rules that apply here at onlineconsoles.com "provided by Lordnikon" also apply at the G-rated room

'Do not swear, talk like if you were talking to your grandmother

'Try not to have any type of foul launguage in you username, or very strange slang , their picky about that!!

---Your rights as a gamer in the G-rated room--

'If your hosting a game "in the g-rated room", the rules that apply in the lobby do not apply in your hosted game (moderators have no power over you)

'As a host you may kick whom ever you please, even moderators (moderators have no power over you)

'IN your room you may put anypassword you please, if it contains offensive language, you can only P.M it to users you please, even moderators (moderators have no power over you)

---My opinion----

Dont talk, speak, to the moderators..Let them be, if they want a conversation keep it short and simple...

Now by now your asking ""why did 2zer01 posted this?"...and im going to tell you why my friends....

Today early in the aftornoon me and a few friends from around the globe have gained copies of 4x4 evo for the Dreamcast ((bought the PC ver as well)), so to test it out I decide to e-mail them a time when we can all game online .. A few could make it, a few dint so I decided to leave the room open for other gamers to log on.....

Me and my friends were having a blast, people would come in go out, no problem all fun and games, when a moderator decided to play...played a few rounds with they guy, he ended in last place so many times, the guy basicaly sucked.... So when someone sucks what do you do? .......you pick on him.......poke jokes at him and his skills......

Eventually the guy is getting well mad.....then we start saying guy your f-ing garbage, lol im f-ing better than you, and then the guy went berzerk and started banning people, I told the guy "YO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!?"... the guy tells me "oh im a moderator, they have to watch their mouth ect...

I tell the guy, "what are you talking about? thats rules for the lobby, not my hosted room, this is my room, my bandwith" So i kicked the guy out, and put a password lock on my room, then the guy banned me.....Oh boy he shouldnt of done it, nope shouldnt have, he just got me mad....

So i went back to my clan, got a few patches and programs, and by-pass the banned warning prompt, the same user was shocked and tried to banned me again, it wouldnt work, then I decided to have a little chit chat with the guy ""the guy is hard headed and wouldnt understad that what he did was totally immature and idiotic"", well the arguments rose high, that the head honcho intruded into the argument...

and in the end I was right, and the moderator was a total idiot, and I made my demands to unbanned my friends off their list,,,

I hope people learn from my experience, just incase they run into the same problem as I did...

grubensau
rank 40
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 5:55 am
quote : #2
I total agree, but joking when someone is loosing in a game isnt more wisdom.

So when someone sucks what do I do..... I remember that I sucked the same way in pasts.
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 9:17 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
2zer01 wrote:
`Same rules that apply here at onlineconsoles.com "provided by Lordnikon" also apply at the G-rated room

Uhh...I have no problem with swearing. Fuck ass shit cock monger dick pussy raping bitch hoe slut ass blah blah blah. (see?) OC doesn't allow FLAMING of other users which is directly insulting other gamers. Big differnece.

2zer01 wrote:
Me and my friends were having a blast, people would come in go out, no problem all fun and games, when a moderator decided to play...played a few rounds with they guy, he ended in last place so many times, the guy basicaly sucked.... So when someone sucks what do you do? .......you pick on him.......poke jokes at him and his skills......

Eventually the guy is getting well mad.....then we start saying guy your f-ing garbage, lol im f-ing better than you...

This is the lowest of the low. Why would anyone ever have fun play a game with you or your friends if you are going to treat them like this. What fun is that? Are you so insecure about yourself that you have to put down others in order to make yourself feel better about your performance on 4x4 evo?

2zer01 wrote:
Oh boy he shouldnt of done it, nope shouldnt have, he just got me mad...

What are you going to do? Nothing of any real damage to anyone.

2zer01 wrote:
and in the end I was right, and the moderator was a total idiot

No you were not right. You couldn't uphold the rulesets for playing 4x4 Evo online. You were acting rude and immature. Also by using this website as a platform to flame moderators at 4x4 Evo you are breaking THIS websites forum rules. So I highly suggest that you go somewhere else to do this. Because it is NOT tolerated here. Period.
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 1:31 pm
quote : #4
woah sorry , dint see it from your point of view, sometimes my big mouth gets the best of me.....

Also Im not the egotistical type (mostly quiet) my friends are, as gamers their really rough around the edges, you know what maybey next time ill get some OC gamers instead of my friends, If I would of done that maybey my first experience at 4x4 evo wouldt of been a horendous break out of an argument with the moderators....

and for a quick update me and the moderators are getting along fine now, so I would like to resent any flaming I did on them, I was just hot-headed....

TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 1:52 pm
quote : #5
I still think that trash-talk is one of the greatest things in online-gaming.
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 2:07 pm
quote : #6
TTS wrote:

I still think that trash-talk is one of the things that can destroy a great online game. Neutral
rank 3
Posted:
Sun May 08, 2005 2:10 pm
quote : #7
TTS wrote:

learn from my mistake, trash talk among your friends not against new visitors
Sun May 08, 2005 4:21 pm
quote : #8
if you know how far you can go with a friend then it doesnt harm anyone but you shouldnt birrate someone for being worse at a game than you. compared to guys here im awful at starlancer and q3a but they dont swear at me and insult me, we practice and try to get better with each other as an experience which makes the dc gaming community more than just the substandard service i have experienced thru pc or xbox live (as much as i think the xbox live service its self is sound, the people on their can be a band of mindless so and so's who simply enjoy pissing people off) the oc has set standards that basically allow someone with the lowest knowledge possible of this community to feel welcome. i remember when people like chile and pakkitman joined, they certainly didnt know as much as they do now, they simply became part of the community. try to make gamers with less skills or knowledge than you feel welcome rather than offending them or it will go on forever until no one can find a friendly enviorenment to game in.
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 2:43 pm
quote : #9
2zer01 wrote:

But I tell my Grandmother to shut her big fat fucking whore mouth all the time.
The place is ridiculous. I'll tell a humorous anectode... I was chatting in the lobby and someone said, "WTF" The mod kicked him out of the room, five minutes later the user comes back, ready to kiss ass with, "Thanks for only giving me a kick and not a ban."
God damn.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 3:17 pm
quote : #10
Type: NTSC-U/C
4x4 Evolution has a no tollerance policy on cursing in any way. I have come to accept this is the way it is, and to abide by it. The one thing that bothers me is that you can't password your own room without having a bot in there. The only place you can curse is in an actual game or in pm's.

I wish the game would just block out your words with ***** instead.

Anyways nothing will happen to you as long as you ease up on the swearing. Which is hard because they ban you for words like "damn, pissed, and even wtf". It's not easy. I usually use the main rooms as organization talk, and then get down to real talk once a game has been formed. Knowing that I am bound to slip up, causing the bot to auto kick me. It happens to me all the time. So now I tend to just leave more chatting for the created games instead of the main rooms.
Posted:
Tue May 10, 2005 3:54 pm
quote : #11
I really don't care if anything happens to me or not. Playing a game online, any game online, isn't worth the price of censorship.
How much of the players have never heard these words before? In all practicality, this system makes no sense. I'd rather have kids sending permission slips from their parents then to see this kind of stupidity ensue.
Anyway, just my opinion.

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Wed May 11, 2005 7:56 am
quote : #12
well, yeah but it isn't your game, and since the dreamcast is a little short on online games it isn't as if were going to just stop playing 4x4 evo. i really want this game, so i will bow down to their rules, however dumb they may be.
rank 13
Posted:
Sat May 21, 2005 4:20 pm
quote : #13
2zer01 wrote:
TTS wrote:

learn from my mistake, trash talk among your friends not against new visitors

Well DUH!!!

Because then if your "owning" a stranger, it just dosn't seem as fun...