Topic: F355 gear shifts

Page 1 of 1
WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:07 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
OK, in the previous F355 thread i moaned that i couldnt work out how some players got better acceleration than me, .... well now i know Smile

One of the annoying things about F355 is theres no lobby where u can chat to other racers,.. so you cant say to them - 'how the hell do you accelerate so fast?'

well i was chatting to sum1 in Q3A about F355 and i found out about the 'HIRO' gear shift technique.
(i have no idea what 'hiro' means)

ayway, it is this;

You go up 2 gears and down 1 gear when u want tosift up! it sounds crazy but it works Smile

So you start the race in 1st gear, then when u getto the rev limit you (quickly) shift up to 3rd and then down to 2nd, then when u need to shift up again , you go up to 4th then down to 3rd then so on (understand?)

So through the whole gears it looks like this;
1st
3rd-2nd
4th-3rd
5th-4th
6th-5th
6th this does sound like hard work, and it is hehehe, but if u can train yourself to double-tap up shift then tap downshift for a gear change you will get your car up to full speed faster than normal Very Happy

I wouldnt bother with this until you have learnt the tracks. , download the driving data from the ingame website to learn the best gear for each corner etc
(i have scribbled my driving notes all over the tracks in the instruction manual Smile )

(if you are learning, just download to the slowest time data for each track, some of the faster times require ridiculous unrealistic car handling)
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
MasterChief
rank 25
Posted:
Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:14 pm
quote : #2
funny. the same trick worked in test drive 5. wierd.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
[UKR]DreamcastUK
unknown
Posted:
Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:36 am
quote : #3
I think there should ne a lobby on F355......... I know F355 has cable play support they should make a program like xbconnet for the dc Smile