Page Location: Home > VS Link Games > Topic
circ
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 5:22 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hi

Looking for a Racing wheel for Ferrari F355 and Test Drive: Le Mans (and other racing games).

I'm interest in the Madcatz Wheel with the gear stick. like this...

Is this a good wheel? also does the Gear stick actually work? if so this may sound stupid but how does it work if you get me because it doesnt look like a Gear stick that would be in a car.

Cheers

Circ[/url]

CONTACT ME VIA PM OR EMAIL IF YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 6:17 am
quote : #2
i have never used that particular madcatz wheel so i cant comment on its performance but i've heard is shit. i have used the madcatz 2 racing wheel, concept 4 racing wheel and the Ferrari thrustmaster racing wheel and they're all good. but the wheel that feels the best and is more responsive is the ferrari thrustmaster, the only problem is that with le mans 24 hour you can't use the paddle shifters to change gears instead you have to rely on the buttons infront of the wheel.
the Madcats 2 is compatible with both games (ferrari 355 and Le mans 24 hours) and u can use the gear stick nicely, but the response of the wheel is not the best and the stearing feels pretty loose.

my best choise is the ferrari thrustmaster wheel, check this one out (it looks a bit overused)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4303&item=8194701242&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4303&item=8195123609&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 7:36 am
quote : #3
i didnt like that madcatz wheel at all, i have the mc2 which is the next up its got a gear stick, pedals and a few other bits and its more comfortable to use.
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 7:47 am
quote : #4
Yeah was looking for that but its not on ebay Sad so cant buy it *boo hoo* was going to pop into my local Cash converters to see if they had one (i remember last time they had the Ferarri one)

NibelheimPromise
rank 11
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 10:29 am
quote : #5
Type: NTSC-U/C
I have the madcatz steering wheel you showed above - and while it's defintely not the best wheel, for me, it gets the job done. Like maurice said, it feels pretty loose, but I like it nonetheless. I use it for Le Mans and f355 much like you're interested in using it for... So like I said, it's not the best, but it's also pretty cheap and it does serve it's purpose, even if it's not the best wheel out there.
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 11:42 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
You also asked how the shifting works. Unfortunately, there isn't any shifting pattern. All you do is press up and pull down to change gears. There isn't even a clutch or anything. Not very realistic.

I have the Concept V3, Concept V4, and this one, and out of all three wheels, I'd recommended going with the V4. Very well made, very durable wheel.

circ
rank 9
Posted:
Mon May 30, 2005 3:04 pm
quote : #7
Cheers guys. Well i can pick it up for 99p (dont know what that is in $) so most likely going to pick it up for my collection. The ferrari ive heard many good things about it. So i might have a look around for a 'not so used' one.