Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 5:39 am
quote : #91
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Nice spot eagle eyes. At last conformation that I am indeed not a loon and that this save did indeed exist, let me take this opertunity to say in a very grown up fashion to everyone who doubted me NAh Nah Nah Nah Mr. Green

Maybe WWJD or someone else from the old dcog site has this save on a VMU somewhere as that gamesaves.de site is dead. I'll send WWJD a PM.

Notice also that Lordnikon also stated above your last post that he was thinking of making a news post, a post that never came. Maybe somehow Unreal nd Maximum pool are involved in the games currenty being worked on but that would leave the third game a mystery. All I know is this game and Unrea lways seem to have the best % for coming back online.

Anyway at least now after all this time a new line of enquiry, lets hunt out that save. If anyone gets hold of it please let me know so I can stop looking.

Laters
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:28 am
quote : #92
Type: NTSC-U/C
lol...im sure nobody doubted you for a minute m8....although its good to finally have confirmation from another source as well...so that it really does give us something to work with.

So basically we know that so far there is some kind of game save that that allows DC players to play online, however do we know if the file was to allow the DC version to use th PC servers or what?...Also where did this save come from, is it an actual Max pool save or is it some kind of patch file?...all these things seem to be unclear at the moment, but we do now seem to have proof that what blast said all along is a fact, so this file....weather it works now or not certainly did allow online play of some sort and could prove to be very helpful in the hopes of this games return to online play...Like you said blast this game is probably the one with the mbest chance of coming back online at this stage...(excluding the new research from lordnikon)...so if anyone can shed any light on any of the missing bits of info or actually has the file itself please let us know on this thread?

Yeah good idea to PM WWJD blast...was thinking of doing so myself but if you already have thats fine...if you get a response let me know?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 11:51 am
quote : #93
Yep have already PM'd WWJD so I'll leave that for a while see if I get a response.

The save was a patch file as I remember, it allowed the DC to connect to the PC server. I believe the save was not a Maximum pool save more likely a cheat code save of some kind gameshark/codebreaker etc so would have been made by someone. Haveing said all of that I may be totaly wrong but thats how I remember hearing it.

Laters
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 12:04 pm
quote : #94
OK, as long as someone has emailed him..lets just hope he can give us some good news.

I'm pretty sure you are right that it would be some kind of patch/codebreaker code, especially as the unlocked game save file didndt seem to help us at all. However we still don't know for sure...but hopefully more info will come to light.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sat May 28, 2005 4:55 pm
quote : #95
Well I actualy PM'd him on this board, if you wanna send an email go right ahead Smile

Laters
Posted:
Sun May 29, 2005 2:10 am
quote : #96
Blast wrote:
Well I actualy PM'd him on this board, if you wanna send an email go right ahead Smile

Laters

Yeah I meant PM...lol...don't think it would get us any further to email him Laughing

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:43 pm
quote : #97
Its been a while no reply from WWJD Sad if anyone is in contact with him could they please tell him I sent him a PM here, thanks. No email available on profile sadly.

Next move Mr Segadreamcaster? How about a new thread where we get the community here to search for the save on different search engines maybe giving 20 mins of thier time each or similar?. Also a request on info for anybody who knew anyone who had the save or anyone who had information on who ran gamesaves.de. Possibly also a broken down rehash of all the important info contained within this thread for information purposes. What you think?

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:18 pm
quote : #98
Yeah, sounds like a plan...I honestly can't believe that nobody has paid any attention to the proof I posted in this thread that a save file DID exist...Lordnikon, you said earlier in this thread that you were gonna spend some time searching for this save file? Did you ever get a chance or not? I have spent a few hours now (at various times) trying to track the file down, but have still had no luck..perhaps you would have more luck...especially as you now have firm evidence that supports its existence...surely this is indeed a good reason to start a full scale search for the file?

Blast, perhaps we'll see if anything else happens on this thread and if there is no luck, perhaps we can start a new one, titled something like "Maximum pool - Please join the search & research" what do you think?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:22 am
quote : #99
Yeh ok then give it a little more time on this one then we can figure out something else to put up. I had some spare time tonight I coulda ripped some bits out of this thread for use in a new one, shame my monitor is toast Sad .

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:24 pm
quote : #100
Yeah I was thinking about that, using bits from this thread for the initial post...a bit of a summary of events from this thread.

So in the light of evidence being found to support the fact that a save file did exist to allow online access...does anyone have anything to add...Lordnikon...anyone?

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:00 pm
quote : #101
Think we just hit 100 on this thread and its still like you me and the big black hole. Looks like that new thread is in order.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:56 am
quote : #102
Hi m8,

Yeah OK, well the new thread is now done..it summarises all the important information from this thread..or at least I hope it does...feel free to add anything I may have missed...here the link for it anyway:

http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=43764&sid=0bb00853948490967ad7ff1c61d441d 0#43764

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer