Page 1 of 1
Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:32 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Finally got a VS. cable, but when I go to play VO:OT, it says that it the VS cable is disconnected right before the game starts. I can choose my player and level and see my cursor move on the other screen, but when it's time for the game to start, it just dies.

Anyone else have this problem?

(BTW: It's a Dragoncast cable.)

- Dreamcast ™

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:38 am
quote : #2
I have this same exact cable. This doesn't sound good for you.

You have 2 Dreamcasts directly connect with the cable, each having the same region game yes?

Try making sure the cable connectors are seated well in the back of the DC, and also maybe wiggle the ends to make sure there isn't any wire hangups.

I'll break out my cable in a bit and test just to be sure, as it has been a month or 2 since I have hooked up my vs cables. Still need to get another adaptor to setup my proper voot setup.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:51 am
quote : #3
Yes, I'm fairly sure they're the same region.

My problem might be because one is an echelon backup and my other, the original. I guess I will just end up having to wait for the other original NTSC-U to come in the mail after all. Sad I'll post the results with the other original when it arrives. That's probably my problem.

- Dreamcast ™

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:53 am
quote : #4
Make another burn of your backup?

Do you have F355 Challenge to test?
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:01 am
quote : #5
No, unfortunately, I don't. I only have one original of all my link compatible games. I'm going to try and make another copy of the Echelon version.

I noticed something in SNK Vs. Capcom 2K Pro. There was an option for LINK in the main menu. It's not there in the N. American release. It may or may not have been the Neogeo link feature. I'm not sure.

I have tried out the NG link. It's pretty cool. You can trade points.

Looks like that's where Nintendo got the idea for the GBA to link up with the Gamecube.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:04 am
quote : #6
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
No, unfortunately, I don't. I only have one original of all my link compatible games. I'm going to try and make another copy of the Echelon version.

Yea making a carbon copy of a rip should allow you to play vs

Dreamcast ™ wrote:
I noticed something in SNK Vs. Capcom 2K Pro. There was an option for LINK in the main menu. It's not there in the N. American release. It may or may not have been the Neogeo link feature. I'm not sure.

I have tried out the NG link. It's pretty cool. You can trade points.

Yea, that is the Neo-Geo Pocket Link feature.

Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Looks like that's where Nintendo got the idea for the GBA to link up with the Gamecube.

Yep Wink SEGA was always so far ahead of their time.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:04 am
quote : #7
Well, now that were asking questions, shoot

1: Were exactly can I get a link cable?

2: What brand would you sugest?

3: What games took advantige of the Neo-Geo Dreamcast link?
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #8
Yeah, it seemed to be a region thing. Started it up with the two backups and it worked like a charm. Can't wait to play it with two originials. That Echelon logo is so annoying.

Runs really fast too. Gotta love no latency. This got my gears turning upstairs. If Axelene's USB cable increased the efficiency of the serial cable, would it be efficient enough to cover the latency over a tunneled broadband connection? Just a thought.

You can pick one up at either Lik-sang or eBay. There were quite a few on eBay not too long ago, and there still may be some. Had buy-it-now prices of $12.

Well, now that I got the Dragoncast to work, it's good. I always prefer 1st party because then you know it's guaranteed to work, but the Dragoncast is a good VS cable.

SNK Millenium Match (I think that's the only one)

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:30 am
quote : #9
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
Yeah, it seemed to be a region thing. Started it up with the two backups and it worked like a charm. Can't wait to play it with two originials. That Echelon logo is so annoying.

Runs really fast too. Gotta love no latency.

Awsome! glad to see you got it working :] I feared you might have had a busted vs cable. Surprised

Good thing it works Wink
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:44 am
quote : #10
Yeah, for a minute there I was worried that it was broken because I had won it in a lot of misc Dreamcast items (Dreamcast system, two controllers, 2 VMUs, PW 3.0, Dragoncast VS (in original box), and ready to rumble, round 2 all for $25. Not too shabby.) and I was unsure of their condition. Since the Dreamcast didn't have a BBA, I initially thought it was just a lot of items the seller couldn't get to work since PW 3.0 seemed a bit out of place. Only problem I had was the included DC didn't like my backup copy of VO:OT (WK model Dreamcast).

It was a good thing you mentioned the region idea or else I would have been pretty sad my first DC VS link was a piece of crap.

- Dreamcast ™

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:04 pm
quote : #11
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

Actually, there were a few Neo Geo Pocket link compatible games, including, but not limited to, King of Fighters '99.

How are my little crackers doing today?
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:52 pm
quote : #12
kingofgrills wrote:
Dreamcast ™ wrote:

Actually, there were a few Neo Geo Pocket link compatible games, including, but not limited to, King of Fighters '99.

I thought KoG was the only one that made it to the US with the functionality.