Page Location: Home > StarLancer > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:16 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok now that we have gotten a little bit better at nuke threat from palying sone INTENSE action. NOW I wanna see what happens next time Zeirum Wing joins up. Cause last 2 times we palyed with Zeirum, he got every nuke.....EVERYNUKE. Next time I think it will be pretty even across the board.

Tonight Marten was mining the fuck out of the center ring. It was nuts.

(Sorry I had to jet, problems with one of my site domains...i gota call peopel and get it fixed...SUX!)
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:34 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U
i'm gonna have to make it to the next game now! nuke threat is really damn fun, and that nuke effect is so damn cool. i'm sure people will get in some nukes next time. who was winning at this nights game?

Tao
rank 15
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:49 am
quote : #3
I don't know who exactly was winning, I thought I was doing alright...I got a couple of nuke strikes, but it might've been nikon. When you left though, nikon, we were playing bomb tag, and that's also hella fun. DaMan and Mertens were owning me though.

I never get tired of dying--the effect is so cool. Laughing
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:52 pm
quote : #4
LOL. I wasn't doing that great. I HAD to resort to mining because I couldn't get all the beacons. My only stikes came at the very end before switching to bomb tag. When I was using the wolverine, I did own all. That ship is just too freakin powerful. I'm still having trouble finding a ship I like. I think I will use a Tempest next time.

Also, I recommend that you try playing this game with headphones. It's a lot different because you can hear a lot more subtle sounds. Wearing headphones in single player rules too because the voices are so clear.
rank 28
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:37 pm
quote : #5
I'm getting a 'lil better at nuke threat although i've triggered it only 1 time, but still loads of fun.
I look forward to trying out ALL the modes.
BTW got disconnected last night thats why I left without saying anything Sad
Koda
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:12 am
quote : #6
i dont even know what nuke is...MAN i need to get this game SOON!
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:01 am
quote : #7
cant find this fukin game nowhere
Posted:
Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:55 am
quote : #8
There is a GameStop near me that has a few copies for $8.99 - I just picked it up a week or so ago and am just getting around to playing with it. Seems a lot like Wing Commander: Prophecy (or maybe it's just that that is the only other similar game I've played).

I'll be practicing up (including nuke threat), and hopefully I'll be seeing you all online soon.

This may sound a little strange, but if anyone would like me to go by GameStop to see if there are still any copies, I wouldn't mind. I think I saw a couple copies of 4x4 there too (didn't get one for some reason). They do have clear packing tape stuck on the outside of the cases, but everything other than that is basically mint. PM me if I can help (lordnikon, if you don't like this sort of thing going on in your forums, just let me know).

Mertens
rank 14
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:46 pm
quote : #9
I found a new special effect that is even cooler than the Nuke Strike effect *gasp* I was playing a few days ago and right when I got a pickup, I hit someone's mine and exploded. That pickup happened to be a cloaking device, so when the little movie played of me reentering the arena, it looked like I was cloaking right when I entered the sphere. It was like perfectly timed so right as my back engines finally entered, I was just fully cloaked. I wish I do that again.