Page 1 of 2
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:37 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
tino did it maximum pool is now online im on the game now go to this site with ur dreamcast go to page 2 http://pauth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1575#1575 and scrool down and download the max2.vmi to memory card A-1 and put in maximum pool and connect have funn all and thanxs tino

Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:54 pm
quote : #2
so you DL that file to your VMU and you can play DC games that were cross platform and are still supported for PC online play? Now this is very interesting because I would love to get in some more 4x4 Evo game time, but I don't like to play over the phone line, would this allow me to play this game over my BBA?

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:58 pm
quote : #3
yea just for maximum pool tho yea u can play against pc thats what im doing right now im online with maximum pool on the dreamcast playing against the pc users

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:00 am:

Mr. Spank 4x4 evo on dreamcast has always been online and u could always play against pc and mac users this file is for maximum pool only

Posted Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:03 am:

and no it wont allow bba support to 4x4 evo its a dialup only game unless nikon gets 4x4 evo to work on the pc to dc dialup server so u can use the pc's dsl or cable with ur dc with out having to get a bba adapter for the dc but still it uses the dialup modem on ur dc but it will be getting a connection like it was on a bba adapter

PharoH
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:18 pm
quote : #4
I read that whole thing and the only thing I could think of the whole time was Unreal Tournament.
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:26 pm
quote : #5
no its not like that its just for maxmum pool all it was is the server list needed to be updated the dc was trying to acces servers that wasnt there any more

and i repeat this is for mamimum pool only to make it see the new server list
yea i know what u mean but unreal tounament for dc dont have any servers that exsist any more
but the servers for maximum pool wer still up but the list was old and neded to be updated for the dc ver

PharoH
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:33 pm
quote : #6
Ohhh, I see, thanks for clarifying. :'(

But wait, UT connects and looks for the servers too, but it just can't find any...
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:23 am
quote : #7
now we have an online pool game to play each other with our dreamcast's
and thanx goes to blast and segadreamcaster for finding the site and to tino for making the save that has the updated server list

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:22 am
quote : #8
Type: Pal
Copied and pasted this in from the Max pool research thread.

Hi all

Thanks to everyone who helped with this project and put time into it, it was greatly appreciated. Ok some back slapping followed by further notes.

1: Thanks to me and Segadreamcaster for continualy banging on about max pool like a pair of old farts.
2: Very special thanks to Segadreamcaster for finding a link to Pauth which was the critical find in bringing the game back.
3: Thanks to Madmax for being the first to succesfully test the game online for DC
4: Thanks to Lordnikon for allowing myself and Segadreamcaster to bang on about Max pool on the forum like a pair of old farts and resisting the urge to lock the topics
5: Thanks to Tino from Pauth for supplying the vital new save that has put the game back online.
6: Thanks to everyone who took time out of there day to help research this thread, as you can see its been well worth it.

Anyone I missed please PM me and I'll add you in.

Now the worst bit about all of this LMAO after banging on about Max pool for such a long time would you believe I dont even own a copy of the game, best get looking.

Laters
rank 39
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:25 am
quote : #9
This is unbelievable! I love this game!

Thanks sooo much to everyone involved in this! (And we met our mid-July completetion date! Very Happy)

I'm off to work on getting this to run through the PC/DC dialup server.

- Dreamcast ™

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:55 am
quote : #10
once lordnikon gets around to testing it it should be tookin off the grave yard list i hope. and thanks to lordnikon for allowing this to go on and to blast and segadreamcaster for pushing on the seartch to get this game back online and a special thanx goes to tino for making the game save

Chile
rank 30
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:49 am
quote : #11
good job guys! Glad it all payed off! See you there! All I need now is a good free ISP
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:58 am
quote : #12
HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP GUYS!!! THIS IS HUGE!!!!

I just moved to a new place, so I've been offline for a little over a week. Are you telling me that the one week I go offline you guys get a Dreamcast game back online? Seriously???

*Sniff* This is just so beautiful. I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but I can't help it. *Sniff*

Ah, hell. Rack 'em and pass me a cold one, because it's game time, Baby! Woo hoo!

How are my little crackers doing today?
Mr. Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:39 pm
quote : #13
so this works through the dail up modem, not the BBA?

maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:47 pm
quote : #14
thats right only dialup. the only games that can use the dc bba is unreal turnament, quake 3 arena,alien front online i think,and pso
the rest use dialup and theres no way to change them to use the bba. there is another way to get ur dreamcast online threw ur dsl and cable and thats a pc to dc dialup server witch u connect ur dc to the pc's dialup modem and the pc routs the broadband
connection threw ur pc's dialup modem threw thw line to ur dc's dialup modem its like useing the bba adapter but not

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:22 pm
quote : #15
Type: NTSC-U
heh that was the first thing i checked was if it was BBA compatable. ah well. but yea the actual list of games that work with bba is
PSO v1 and v2
Quake III Arena
Unreal Tournament
Outtrigger
Propellear Arena
POD Speed zone
and Bomberman Online