Topic: 2D Fighting Games

Page 1 of 2
TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:55 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Now, I really don't want this as a list, but rather as a suggestion.

What 2D fighter would you recomend me on the Dreamcast?
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:07 pm
quote : #2
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike.

The best 2-d fighter i've ever played, messing around with the parry system is always fun.

Street Fighter Alpha 3.

It has that "Super Street Fighter 2: The new challangers" feel to it with tons of characters, great gameplay and great graphics, also a must have.

And also Capcom vs. SNK 2, and any King of Fighters game, while King of Fighters 99 is my favorite.

Hope that helps,

-Rob
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:53 pm
quote : #3
I see... any ones I should avoid like a rail gun in a school yard?
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:03 pm
quote : #4
Hmmm....Every one i've played has been pretty good, so i'd say no. You're best off with the ones I listed though.
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:58 pm
quote : #5
I really dug capcom vs. marvel 2, and guilty gear X, which is the prettiest of the 2d fighters on the dreamcast. cvm has an insane amount of characters, and some really beautiful 3d backgrounds, so it's the most "lightshow"-ish of them, and plus it's just got lots of moves and characters with some insane combos.
rank 25
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:41 pm
quote : #6
Guilty Gear X.

good times.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:11 pm
quote : #7
Guilty Gear X. The onslaught of instant kills and insane air combos.

Marvel vs Capcom and Marvel vs Capcom 2. Crossover attacks and Air combos that make you wanna cry to your mommy in the middle of the night like you just had a nightmare about the boggy man.
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:06 am
quote : #8
Darkstalkers, Fighting Vipers, JoJos Bizzare Adventure, Mark of the Wolves, all exelent fighting games. Your asking for a good fighting game on the system that is god of good fighting games?

I would probobly say to stay away from Soul Fighter, but thats about it.
rank 44
Posted:
Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:17 am
quote : #9
Type: PAL
dwachill wrote:
Darkstalkers, Fighting Vipers, JoJos Bizzare Adventure, Mark of the Wolves, all exelent fighting games. Your asking for a good fighting game on the system that is god of good fighting games?

I would probobly say to stay away from Soul Fighter, but thats about it.

he was asking for 2d fighters and fighting vipers isnt 2d. My favourite 2d dc fighter is KOF 2000 and i have no idea why i like it i just do.
unknown
Posted:
Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:56 am
quote : #10
i couldnt really reccomend just one, my 3 joint tops are garou mark of the wolves, capcom vs snk and guilty gear x.
Posted:
Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:26 am
quote : #11
Type: PAL
i think you should give jo jo's bizare adventure ago my mate thinks its awesome but im yet to play it.
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:35 am
quote : #12
definetly marvel vs capcom 1 and 2 those games are so great in the arcades imagine playing them at home . They must be so great so those 2 if you aint got them do cos they are way too cool 2d fighters

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:06 am
quote : #13
marvel vs capcom 1 is a bit below par, its ok it just doesnt have much to it, compared to mvc2 its pretty shabby, not bad but its no mvc2. mvc2 has about 50 characters to unlock, it took me YEARS to get them all. but i think the most awesome one is definately capcom vs snk 1 and 2, they are superb, i love being able to play as akuma and iori in the same game!!! also guilty gear x is the most beautiful and amazing 2d fighter, the only other one i would suggest would be garou, the combos are wicked and its just a great king of fighters spinnoff, the kof series are wicked as well, always a reliable franchise, i have all the dc ones and they are all very classy.
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:15 pm
quote : #14
Anyone who knows about fighting games knows that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is a cheap game for newbies to the genre...I mean seriously, one button super attacks? Cheap.

If you're new to 2d fighters you'll find some fun in the customization and easy controls, also it boasts some nice graphics, but for a seasoned vet, not much to wet my power rangers undies for.
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:38 pm
quote : #15
its true the mvc games are pretty lame for us hardened 2d gamers but i just the love all the characters!! i prefer games like garou, i had to learn the 14 hit combo he does and i love seeing it hit every time!!