Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
1, 2  Next
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
There's usually 3 of us who play on the wednesday night meeting and yet we have a hell of a lot of fun. so it makes me wonder why so few people are playing ferrari 355 these days, is it because it's not an easy game to get into so it's not a favorite game amongst the majority of people? is it because the schedule time doesn't suit everybody? i wonder how many people are actively playing f355 now a days... are there any true f355 fans left out there? is it the likes of quake 3 and PSO that is more popular with the mainstream DC community ? hmm....

it was great news hearing that starlancer will stay with us forever. however the same fate can't be guaranteed for f355, i hate to think of the day f355 challenge will go offline never to comeback again, that's why whenever i play f355 i enjoy every bit of it: it's beautiful graphics, the realistic roaring engine sounds of the cars as they run across the mainstraight which in my opinion no other console game has manage to match ( yes not even the mighty GT4), and of course the racing itself!

the tragedy will be that the day it goes offline we will all wish we had played it more often than we did...

your thoughts?

fanoid
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:17 pm
quote : #2
Well the reason im never online with it is because i can never get on at the right time, I try again tonite, i was on the screen at 11pm uk time and nothing, set my clock by C4 tellytext. Hopefully one week i will make it in.

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:49 am
quote : #3
is your time gmt 0 or gmt +1? because if its gmt 0 then you should be trying to connect at 10pm your local time, instead of 11pm (we are talking about wed night meeting right?).

pm if you wanna try it thurs night uk time and i'll try to help you

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:34 am
quote : #4
Type: Pal
maurice x wrote:
There's usually 3 of us who play on the wednesday night meeting and yet we have a hell of a lot of fun. so it makes me wonder why so few people are playing ferrari 355 these days, is it because it's not an easy game to get into so it's not a favorite game amongst the majority of people? is it because the schedule time doesn't suit everybody? i wonder how many people are actively playing f355 now a days... are there any true f355 fans left out there? is it the likes of quake 3 and PSO that is more popular with the mainstream DC community ? hmm....

it was great news hearing that starlancer will stay with us forever. however the same fate can't be guaranteed for f355, i hate to think of the day f355 challenge will go offline never to comeback again, that's why whenever i play f355 i enjoy every bit of it: it's beautiful graphics, the realistic roaring engine sounds of the cars as they run across the mainstraight which in my opinion no other console game has manage to match ( yes not even the mighty GT4), and of course the racing itself!

the tragedy will be that the day it goes offline we will all wish we had played it more often than we did...

your thoughts?

Most of what you said is exactly right. I got the game a while back and it realy is too hard for me to bother with as I only play games online now and dont have the time it takes to get to know this game offline. My main reason for not playing though is no chat Sad realy dont like that at all I like to chat in between and during games of Q3 and 4x4 and everything else I play.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:30 am
quote : #5
my complain is not being able to play it purely cos of the whole i now got broadband , I tried to make the dial up work yesterday with no sucess . I juts cant seem to make it work so that my reason why I dont play anymore at all , you know I alwyas played a few games way back when wer were still both new to the game , good times

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:36 am
quote : #6
I love F355, sadly I have not played much lately due to working far too many hours. I have been playing the game for about 2 years and think it is still one of the best driving games on any console!

I think there are a lot of people out there who have never played it online, I also think people are put off because of the learning curve! I absolutely hated driving games until I played this game, I never had time for them, but F355 is different!

Please Please give this game a try if you have never bothered, if we could get the numbers up to the amounts that were playing a year ago; it would be great! I can remember nights when up to 16 people were racing!

The thing I like about this game is that you race and have no idea how the others in the race have done. So when the replay comes i sit back with a beer and enjoy!

It is a hard game to play well, but that is practice. I hate games that are easy, I am also one of those people who will not use cheats on a game or walkthroughs. Practice on F355 really brings it's rewards. I for weeks was last on the grid or did not qualify for races. Nobody took the piss out of me, they just emailed tips on my driving and were really helpful to me.

Now I am one of the better races (though a bit rusty at the game now), this was just from practice! A great way to practice is with a friend via a link cable.

I will make the effort to advertise this game on Ebay to get more players, it worked before (I think Maurice X was someone who contacted me through my Ebay advert.)

Please those who don't play just have a rethink? Give this game a go! If there were more novices playing it gives people a better chance for a better race!

All the best!

Kizzy

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:47 am
quote : #7
Kizzy wrote:

Now I am one of the better races (though a bit rusty at the game now), this was just from practice! A great way to practice is with a friend via a link cable.

Kizzy... you are shit!! Shocked

I am another guilty of putting things ahead of F355 challenge. I need to get some practice in and start racing. The Saturday race is probably easiest for me to attend. 2pm isn't it? But I will try my hardest to get on the Tuesday Thursday races again even if it's just for Championship night once a month.

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:56 am
quote : #8
Le Spunk, You are bloody awful!

Me too, that Saturday slot is a good one, I do try to meet up then, but will try harder from now on!

Kizzy
(Le Spunk, hope you have another crash and break your funking neck next time you big Pussy!)

fanoid
rank 5
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:22 am
quote : #9
yeha i think this timezone think mite be where im messing up. In the game schedule for the F355 it said 11 pm uk time and i live in scotland so it has to be 11 pm right ? ?

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:32 am
quote : #10
Type: PAL
fanoid wrote:
yeha i think this timezone think mite be where im messing up. In the game schedule for the F355 it said 11 pm uk time and i live in scotland so it has to be 11 pm right ? ?

yep Smile
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:44 pm
quote : #11
I love F355 Challenge, and I play it whenever I can, but I cannot participate in the regularly scheduled races. The regularly scheduled races work well for European racers, but for me, they fall smack in the middle of the work day. For that reason, I rarely can catch a race online. I ocassionally try catching an online race at a nonscheduled time, but I always end up waiting forever for someone to show before finally giving up. Neutral

I'll keep trying though. F355 Challenge online is a great experience.

How are my little crackers doing today?
meseta
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:32 pm
quote : #12
Oh, do I suck royally at this game or any other racer that is mildly simlike.

ive been without a job for many months. Now that i do I am stil flat broke thanks to piled up bills and loans, but can I spare the $10 for a dialup ISP to play 4x4, F355 et al once again? Of course I can. =) I'll see you guys soon.
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:46 pm
quote : #13
kingofgrills wrote:
I love F355 Challenge, and I play it whenever I can, but I cannot participate in the regularly scheduled races. The regularly scheduled races work well for European racers, but for me, they fall smack in the middle of the work day. For that reason, I rarely can catch a race online. I ocassionally try catching an online race at a nonscheduled time, but I always end up waiting forever for someone to show before finally giving up. Neutral

I'll keep trying though. F355 Challenge online is a great experience.

you know there's also a monday 9.30pm gmt-4 timeslot which is more suited to Americans. if not just say what time suits you the most and we'll see what we can do, we can start from there...

Kizzy wrote:
I think there are a lot of people out there who have never played it online, I also think people are put off because of the learning curve! I absolutely hated driving games until I played this game, I never had time for them, but F355 is different!

part of the problem is the hiro shifting man, it kills the fun for others that's why we dont use hiro shifting on monday and wednesday nights... keeps it fair for everybody

ced818
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:34 pm
quote : #14
Im never able to catch the races. I asked acouple of people what time it was if they were in GMT-4. When they told me it was the exact time as it is where I am in Michigan and from what my computer is telling me, its GMT-8 Pacific time here.

I get confused asking people about that now. Anyway, F355 is a good game but the fact that its no a live racing game sucks. U all do you laps single and then watch a replay of every car on the level. Its kinda kool to watch but I wanna be cheap...and....and cause chaos by ramming other players, and quickly hitting the breaks when I know there right behind me (I'm to evil)
Posted:
Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:28 am
quote : #15
you are one of those people... i'm glad i haven't played a racing game with you, i can't tolerate people who wreck the fun by colliding purposely with others.