Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Sun May 01, 2005 1:43 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
it looks like the majority of you guys liked the idea of a wednesday night 11pm uk time (gmt+1), so we'll be having a regular schedule on that night from now on.
Now, ive been giving this a lot of thought and i've come to the conclusion that we need to implement some rules when playing this game online:
PLEASE, HIRO SHIFTING (up,up, down gear shifting), i find this trick to be unfair and off putting with people who are new. it clearly gives an unfair advantage if you know how to do it, for those who dont and dont even know it exists it can be off putting and frustraling cos you wonder how the hell do those guys manage to go so fast, and more likely new people wont come back and play again cos its hard to keep up (i've seen it happen on tues and thursday nights).
we all just want to have fun right? it is unnesesary to use this trick, yes no doubt you'll go faster and you'll probably win but you're not gonna get a prize or a holiday to hawaii if you come first, if we were all in the same level it'll be fairer, we'll have more people comming back and believe me, it'll be more fun.
obviously i can not stop you from using the trick all i can do is ask you to be considerate to other people who just want to have a bit of fun.

PLEASE, NO CUTTING CORNERS im mainly talking about the last corner in Suzuka long. i have observed some people go over the grass to save time at the last schicane on suzuka long. this is simply cheatting and unfair on people who play the game as it is suppoused to be played. it is such a shame that people cut that corner as it is such a technical turn that if you take it right it is very rewarding.
again, please be considerate of other drivers.

please check the schedule sections for more details on race times, and hope to see you racing with us Wed nights uk time

Last edited by maurice x on Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

mcmonkey
rank 44
Posted:
Sun May 01, 2005 11:53 am
quote : #2
Type: PAL
well i'll try to be there and i like these rules might meen that i might come a higher place than 7th Very Happy
rank 21
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:33 pm
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
I'll be playing, so you can count yourself over me. Just got yesterday! not very good yet though Rolling Eyes
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:49 pm
quote : #4
good to hear! did you try to race with us wednesday night? i didn't see you. or will you be joining the mon night race?

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:14 am
quote : #5
It was good to race the other Wednesday night
even if I could only stay for 3 races (it was
midnight for me even then)

Even without the 2 up 1 down on the gear change
I was still quite a bit faster than most. For this
reason I won't be joining in very often, as I
don't want to put people off, who aren't as quick.
This is the reason I give headstart when racing
with slower races. Once you know what times
people can do compaired to my own I can give
te diffence as a headstart and hopefully make
for a close finish.

Also it puts pressure on me not to make any
mistakes and also I can race flat out.

Like I say I'll join in on Wednesday every now
and then, but not all the time or it will ruin it
for other racers.

nintendo_DS
rank 21
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:28 pm
quote : #6
I was going to race on Wednesday night, but my sis was on the net and I didn't ask to get on, I'll join in on Monday though if there is a race, but like I said, I'm not very good, I'll keep trying though Wink
...look around and ask yourself if there's anyone better qualified...at that point in time. If...'yes,' ask them to accept command, and do everything you can... If...'no,' ...then take your best shot. That's all any of us can do.
maddmaxx
rank 11
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:33 pm
quote : #7
man if i can ever join in i dont care what u do except for the cutting corners thing i like a challange i hope i can make it to a game of f355 but the times that i can only get on hampers me from playing cause i can only get on at 12:00am-6:00am eastern time zone i think its gmt -4 or -5

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:50 pm
quote : #8
helga wrote:
It was good to race the other Wednesday night
even if I could only stay for 3 races (it was
midnight for me even then)

Even without the 2 up 1 down on the gear change
I was still quite a bit faster than most. For this
reason I won't be joining in very often, as I
don't want to put people off, who aren't as quick.
This is the reason I give headstart when racing
with slower races. Once you know what times
people can do compaired to my own I can give
te diffence as a headstart and hopefully make
for a close finish.

Also it puts pressure on me not to make any
mistakes and also I can race flat out.

Like I say I'll join in on Wednesday every now
and then, but not all the time or it will ruin it
for other racers.

if you want to slow you car a little bit then take the aids off (TC, SC, ABS). it'll be more entertaining and excitng for you and for us too, as you really can't afford to make any mistakes Smile. i usually take all the aids off when i race with beginers,