Page 1 of 2
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:48 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Been playing Maximum pool with Segadreamcaster for the last 4-5 days now, well we have actualy been playing snooker not pool. I play snooker for real once a week at a local club so I know 99% of the rules. Ive noticed a few flaws in maximum snooker, some are rule flaws others could be bugs or mis interpritations of the rules. Anyway I'll list the ones Ive found if anyone finds any bugs for any of the Max pool games maybe they would like to post them here also.

All these are for snooker.

1: Break off shots should alternate from one player to the next, they dont it seems to be winner stays on.

2: When you pot the last red ball you then have to pot any colour of your choice then the yellow and other colours in order. In Maximum snooker it forces you to pot the yellow after the last red insted of a colour of your choice.

3: The maximum break in snooker is the highly sought after 147. To get a 147 you must pot all the reds followed by all blacks then the colours in order. As you cant pot a black after the last red in maximum snooker ( see point 2 ) then a 147 break is not possible, I think the maximum score in maximum snooker is 140.

4: When offerd a free ball after all reds are removed from the table the selected free ball if potted does not get re-spotted, which it should. i.e. all colours are left on the table free ball is offerd and player 1 selects and pots pink. The pink is not respotted as it should be and therefore once again the maximum score availible would be affected.

These flaws do not make the game unplayable I just think its nice to be aware of them. Insted of thinking your going to be playing snooker just think your going to be playing maximum snooker.

As I said any faults on any other game types then let us know.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:20 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
Yes these issues are indeed odd, and some are perhaps intentional...slighly annoying for brits like Blast and I though who are used to the official rules, but I guess the game was really made to played in the USA so they may have adapted it slightly...wierd though Shocked

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:24 pm
quote : #3
I dunno if they were adaptations or oversights, wouldent like to say. Anyway bug no.5 as we saw tonight is

5: Illegal ball jumping is pulled up as an illegal shot in Maximum snooker. In normal snooker the ball can leave the cloth as long as it doesnt leave the table.

Laters
Posted:
Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:58 pm
quote : #4
Blast wrote:
I dunno if they were adaptations or oversights, wouldent like to say. Anyway bug no.5 as we saw tonight is

5: Illegal ball jumping is pulled up as an illegal shot in Maximum snooker. In normal snooker the ball can leave the cloth as long as it doesnt leave the table.

Laters

Yes, now that one is very annoying...was it two or three fouls because of that for me tonight in one game...lol....shame the game has the erros/adaptions....it does spoil it to an extent I think.

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:38 am
quote : #5
Looking forward to playing you, I have just bought a brand new copy of the game. It should reach me from the USA in the next few days.

Rather looking forward to it!

Kizzy
(PS. A big thank you to Charmed_699 for his help with boot disk, mine Utopia apparantly does not work!)

Unerd_01
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:00 am
quote : #6
Type: PAL
I cant believe this game has been sitting on my desk still wrapped for a week, i gotta get on soon! Anyone a pro yet?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:25 pm
quote : #7
Yeh I think we can confirm now that utopia definately doesnt work with this game. Ive tried it also and it didnt work for me so thats 3 people now and it didnt work.

Laters

Kizzy wrote:
Looking forward to playing you, I have just bought a brand new copy of the game. It should reach me from the USA in the next few days.

Rather looking forward to it!

Kizzy
(PS. A big thank you to Charmed_699 for his help with boot disk, mine Utopia apparantly does not work!)

Posted Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:53 am:

NEW

Another glitch/fault on snooker.

6: After a free ball is awarded you can snooker your opponent. This isnt allowed in nnormal snooker and would result in a free ball being awarded back to snookerd player, but in max pool you just have to get on with it and try and escape.

The researcher who worked on snooker for this game should refund his wages.

Laters

Last edited by Blast on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:59 pm
quote : #8
Blast wrote:

The researcher who worked on snooker for this game should refund his wages.
Looking at this list, I seriously doubt there was a researcher lol. I think it's pretty obvious that these guys were American, and, being American, didn't know anything about snooker, so the improvised. Rolling Eyes Well, at least its there, although in a slightly broken state, for those who want it. Smile
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:07 pm
quote : #9
I'm sure that the developers did their homework on this. Prephaps you all are playing with new rules effective after the release/development of the game?

Just a thought.

- Dreamcast ™

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #10
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
I'm sure that the developers did their homework on this. Prephaps you all are playing with new rules effective after the release/development of the game?

Just a thought.

- Dreamcast ™

Nah the rules of snooker do change but only very slowly. I think the free ball rule is the newest of the ones I mentioned and they got that wrong. You cant snooker from a free bal in snooker but you can in Maximum snooker. They just got the rule wrong its been that way since it was introduced.

Laters
Posted:
Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:59 pm
quote : #11
-quaries-

is it just me or how come no one is posting a game schedule for this game since it's been back online for a while Question

im not sure if anyone here has played this game extensively but as far as playing this game on d.c. you go to the rooms you see people with there fancy names and such how do you this on a d.c. keyboard Question ((im already guessing you can't do this on the dc version)) plus how come when youre on a chat room some functions on the dc keyboards for some unknown reason's wont work at all for example you cant make this ---> ( but when youre playing pool everything seems to be working fine.

and 1 more thing i also noticed that sometime's when you play this game online before you get in the room with someone for a game a window will pop up telling you that ((someone on this game has a different version of the game so if you continue the game may crash)) it only happen to me like twice when i started playing this game so i dont know what's that all about but the message somewhat relates to that.

Mr. Green

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:26 am
quote : #12
Ive been playing Maximum pool online with Segadreamcaster nearly every single night since I got my copy, about 2 weeks I think. Still feeling the game in realy and trying different modes. Only tried playing a game with more than 2 players once and that was with 2 on one DC and one on another but it didnt work. Dunno if you can only play with one person on a DC or if you must use seperate controlers for each player. Once I get these minor issues sorted I will no doubt start posting some scheduled games.

Some of those symbols can be made with the DC Segadreamcaster figured out how to make the square by accident, cant remember how so perhaps you can refresh our memorys Segadreamcaster?

Ive not had the different version of a game method what I have had is this message when someone joins my game or I try to invite someone "Mr plonk doesnt have the required data files to play Carom billiards" Ive also had this message for other games. This is because Maximum pool is not the only game that connects to the servers and some of the other games obviously dont carry the same gaem list.

Another thing Ive noticed is does anyone elses game play like a back up? When Max pool loads onto my DC its like watching a back up load up theings get delayed then the game list appears but slows up towards the end and the sound effects are out of time.

Laters

deadmanshand wrote:
-quaries-

is it just me or how come no one is posting a game schedule for this game since it's been back online for a while Question

im not sure if anyone here has played this game extensively but as far as playing this game on d.c. you go to the rooms you see people with there fancy names and such how do you this on a d.c. keyboard Question ((im already guessing you can't do this on the dc version)) plus how come when youre on a chat room some functions on the dc keyboards for some unknown reason's wont work at all for example you cant make this ---> ( but when youre playing pool everything seems to be working fine.

and 1 more thing i also noticed that sometime's when you play this game online before you get in the room with someone for a game a window will pop up telling you that ((someone on this game has a different version of the game so if you continue the game may crash)) it only happen to me like twice when i started playing this game so i dont know what's that all about but the message somewhat relates to that.

Mr. Green
Posted:
Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:36 am
quote : #13
Blast wrote:

Another thing Ive noticed is does anyone elses game play like a back up? When Max pool loads onto my DC its like watching a back up load up theings get delayed then the game list appears but slows up towards the end and the sound effects are out of time.

Yes, the gameplay isn't bad, but there definately were a few things lost in translation when it went from PC to DC. I notice a lot of slowdown/delayed results when in the online game list. I'll be switching between those three menus on the screen and sometimes it will kind of freeze and then 20 seconds later register my command and switch over. I also have 2 questions. When do you and Segadreamcaster play? Would you all mind a lil' cutthroat with me? And how do you talk in the pregame menu at the bottom of the screen while you're waiting for the host to start the game. I've tried typing on the keyboard and it hasn't registered. Thanks in advance, Pakkitman
rank 43
Posted:
Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:21 am
quote : #14
HI, Me and Sega normaly play around 23:30 GMT0 most nights except Fridays. Havent played cut throat yet must be one of the few I havent but up for giving it a go.

As for chattin where you said I think you have to highlight the hosts name in thre list then press a then type with KB then go to send. Once you have gone to send once the cursor should stay there fore the next time you type, otherwise it would be a real pain in the arse. BTW my Max pool name is Blastaball and segadreamcaster is segadcer.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:10 am
quote : #15
Yeah, maximum pool most night except Friday from 11.30pm GMT+0 lol, strangelt enough it says that for quake in your sig m8...lol...just shows that we seem to go all out on a game and then move on...going around in a circle...lol

Anyway, yeah I would be up for giving it a go...dont mind Smile

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer