Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
evilnine
unknown
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:04 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
If your playing against a dumass:
Always strafe in a circle around whoever you are shooting. Never stop moving. Always try to get rocket launcher first, then jump and zig-zag run to avoid getting shot. Always use the plasma gun when you have quad damage since it shoots fastest and can hold a lot of ammunition. Run backwards away from people and shoot them at same time.
Information in this section was contributed by HSELFDICA.

when playing against a nice ass mother fucker:
When playing a mother fucker that knows his shit you can use anything to your advantage, even your own character. For example regular bones is hard to see and make it difficult for your opponents to target you. The splash affect that happens when rockets hit something can also be used. Aim at your opponent's feet and not hit them directly and it will still deal damage. When someone is on a platform, you can even attack from beneath. Fire rockets up to where you think they may be located. You might get lucky and hit them. When an opponent dies and respawns, they will probably rush for the nearest weapon. Fire some rockets at that weapon and they will usually run into them.
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:25 am
quote : #2
Bones... BONES!! i HATE BONES lol What a poncey cheaty character hehe

OK if you are a beginner.. fair enough, use Bones character, but if you arent a beginner.. dont use bones please Smile

Players who r GOOD at quake3 and who use Bones.. that is my pet hate.
Skinny boney wimps Smile .... you will get no kudos for usin Bones... now if you use TankJr, thats a different matter hehehe much respect to the easily seen characters...
F355 races every 20mins.. 9:00pm / 9:20pm / 9:40pm ...and so on.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
Doom27
banned!
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:45 pm
quote : #3
WormyTheWorm wrote:
Bones... BONES!! i HATE BONES lol What a poncey cheaty character hehe

OK if you are a beginner.. fair enough, use Bones character, but if you arent a beginner.. dont use bones please Smile

Players who r GOOD at quake3 and who use Bones.. that is my pet hate.
Skinny boney wimps Smile .... you will get no kudos for usin Bones... now if you use TankJr, thats a different matter hehehe much respect to the easily seen characters...
ok why do you car if someone uses bones just because u hate bones?

WormyTheWorm
rank 9
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:58 pm
quote : #4
LLLLOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Bones coz he is a cheaty hard to see character,.. thats why i care.

http://f355.tsx.org <---F355 race reports, and championship info is posted here.
RobJohnson
rank 8
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:16 pm
quote : #5
Odd, After this topic was posted I joined 3 games where everyone was bones...except me...I always use the Doom Red Skin.
Posted:
Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:40 pm
quote : #6
Im not having a go at any1 if they like Bones... just the Annoying BB PC players with 20ms ping who always go Bones.... as if they dont have enough advantages hehe Thats why i hate the Grey Stick man Very Happy

USA players of UK Q3a servers using Bones to even up the match coz of their crapper ping... i have no problem with that

AC/DC
rank 6
Posted:
Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:27 pm
quote : #7
my ping is horrible in the US, I use a controller, and I used that character that's basically a floating balloon ready to be shot. Neutral
Dream
Cast
Michael
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:53 am
quote : #8
one day astro boy the inner child within you will BE RELEASED AND QUAKE 3 Will no longer guys im must say this ia good topic, guage 22366r
Posted:
Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:58 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U/C
AC/DC wrote:
my ping is horrible in the US, I use a controller, and I used that character that's basically a floating balloon ready to be shot. Neutral

I have used a controller before also. I should put up some optimized Q3 controller schemes. I have one right now that seems to work pretty damn good. I get used to it fairly quickly. Basically the core of the scheme means mapping the forward, backward, left and right to the analog, and having A,B,X,Y used for looking up down and to the sides.