Page 1 of 1
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:46 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: Pal
Just a quick survey here to see whos actualy been regularly playing Maximum pool online since its return to the DC.

Only want to hear from anyone whos been playing regular since the game was back up. Regular being two times a week or more or more than 10 times since the game was fixed. Just trying to build a bit of a picture, thanks for your help.

Blast: Plays 5-6 nights a week at 23:30 GMT+1 in the first lobby.

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:10 am
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i play when i have time been buissy here lately at work i use the name MaddMaxx(OC)

Dreamcast â„¢
rank 39
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:59 am
quote : #3
I go in regularly and host games for about 10 minutes, then give up because no one joins, and there aren't any open / available games.

- Dreamcast ™

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:07 am
quote : #4
I'd love to play a match against other DC users, but the last time I tried to make a meeting, no one else showed up. I've been really caught up playing PSO lately, so just organize a meet and I'll show up for it. BTW, I'm very punctual, so if people aren't there at the scheduled time I'll go to playing PSO or Q3.
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:00 am
quote : #5
Yeah I'm on 5-6 nights a week as well at the moment with blast...good fun to, although I cannot seem to win at snooker at the moment...lol

Anybody who hasn't played online yet really should give it a try its great fun and to me it is now one of the DC's best online games and there are always plenty of players online, although almost all are PC players...but lets try to change that Very Happy

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer
4x4 Evo = Segadreamcaster

Visit the NEW Saturn netlink league www.saturnleague.com
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:28 pm
quote : #6
Dreamcast ™ wrote:
I go in regularly and host games for about 10 minutes, then give up because no one joins, and there aren't any open / available games.

- Dreamcast ™

Try going to the vusy lobby and just sitting there you will normaly get invited to a game, I get invitedquite often and have to turn them down.

Punctuality is great but give 10 mins maybe even 15 after the stated time. Sometimes things crop up for everyone, I share this house with 2 others for exmple sometimes they act unpredicatbly or need my attention for some reason so I may be a bit late

Laters
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:31 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
to blast and segadreamcaster

Guys i tried so many times to catch you Online . But you are never in
the lobby . And come never out of your game Confused Could you both maybe
when you played some games , yust go back to lobby ?

Inhavent found out if its even possible to write a pm to peopel
in a allready started game . I would like to play some 9 ball with you both
errr opr snokker if ya want , but im crap @ it
Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:59 pm
quote : #8
Yeh not a problem fallout Smile we popped out today but didnt see you. Only slight promlem here is some games last ages so it would be 40-45 mins before we came out Sad you could PM me here to let me know you will be on then I will wait before making a room or starting a game. Besides that you could just log on at 11.20 and be on 10 mins before us, we play in the first lobby.

Laters
Posted:
Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:12 pm
quote : #9
My name will probably be CreamSoda on the game.

I just got the game, so you haven't seen me yet. But I plan to start playing the game online tonight and I will be on atleast a few nights a week. Smile

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:22 pm
quote : #10
Type: PAL
Blast wrote:
Yeh not a problem fallout Smile we popped out today but didnt see you. Only slight promlem here is some games last ages so it would be 40-45 mins before we came out Sad you could PM me here to let me know you will be on then I will wait before making a room or starting a game. Besides that you could just log on at 11.20 and be on 10 mins before us, we play in the first lobby.

Laters

No wonder , i was not online in the last weeks :-p

I played only once with tao "and lost like a ....."
But tried many times to catch you online

I write you a pm then when i have time to play .
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:28 pm
quote : #11
fallout wrote:
No wonder , i was not online in the last weeks :-p

I played only once with tao "and lost like a ....."
But tried many times to catch you online

I write you a pm then when i have time to play .

Hi,

Yeah thats probably the best idea...we often end up going on late by 10-15mins so its hard to ahve an exact meeting time which make it more difficult and not being able to send messages in game is a down side Sad , but hey its great fun and I don't know about you but I havent played a 3 or 4 player game with max pool yet so that should be cool to try. So yeah, when your about PM one of us and we can meet up Very Happy

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

undergr3nades
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:30 pm
quote : #12
just curious, how good is max. pool, and pba? i am just wanting to know...
f355
segaswirl
segadreamcaster
rank 37
Posted:
Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:40 am
quote : #13
Well personally I think both games are brilliant, blast and I used to play that game almost non-stop for a good few months, and we had great fun playing, but sadly there was very little interest from other players...apart from fallout and 1 or 2 others who played from time to time. Most people did not seem to like the game, which is a shame, because despite its downfalls, it was a great online game...offline however is another matter...doesnt catch my interest offline.

Maximum pool, is fantastic, once again blast and I have been playing for about 2 or three weeks now most nights and its great fun, especially if your into pool/snooker etc anyway. Although maximum pool isnt as graphically as good as other games of its type, it does have two very big advantages...first of all it is online with lots of players, secondly the options for games to play are amazing..so many different variations of play..most of which I have never even heard of, but really spice up the game. The game does seem to be a little buggy at times though, especially on snooker, but this could well just be the prgrammers getting snooker wrong due to lack of knowledge of the game in the US.

Anyway, yeah I would highly recommend both games, especially if PBA makes an online return Smile . On saying that however, I am heavily biased on boith games what with being one of the only players to really play PBA online and having spent over a year on trying to get max pool back online...lol...I may have a slightly obscure view Laughing

Cheers, Craig

PSO = Ryo or SEGADCER
Q3A, Starlancer
Max Pool = Segadcer

pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:52 am
quote : #14
undergr3nades wrote:
just curious, how good is max. pool, and pba? i am just wanting to know...

I really enjoy Max Pool although it's bugs are kinda getting to me. I played this every day until I left for Pakistan and when I arrive back hope to continue playing it. It's pretty deep, I was expecting something more arcade-y with a name like Maximum Pool.