Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:50 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Guys, I was scanning around on the DCH site when I came across a thread of unreleased Dreamcast games for sale, including GD-Rs for Propeller Arena and Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas. Big deal, right? Since those games have been leaked already.

What caught my attention was the offering of Heroes of Might and Magic III and also Test Drive: Cycles. LeGit is asking for best offers above $450 or $400, respectively. Anyway, I didn't know if any of you were interested or capable of making purchases of that size, but putting these into a position for release to the Dreamcast community would be pretty cool, right?

Maybe we can pass around the collection plate. Here's the link:

http://www.dreamcasthistory.com/dreamcasting2/viewtopic.php?t=1079

How are my little crackers doing today?
dwachill
rank 18
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:01 pm
quote : #2
Actually, he already sold them. Sad

If i had the money, i would buy and rip them. But alas, i dont.
rank 33
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:04 pm
quote : #3
They're just on hold. He's still looking for higher offers or $$$ for the existing offers.

How are my little crackers doing today?
kontact
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:39 pm
quote : #4
If we could gather enough people to "pre-order" in a sense I could front the money to buy it.

Hmm, edit, after reading those posts though there seems to be speculation on the Might and Magic as far as complete playability.
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:58 pm
quote : #5
I would buy Might-and-Magic...

For $2000. That's how much it is worth for me.

ThenI would bootleg it on the interwebs Very Happy
Posted:
Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:46 pm
quote : #6
For all that money you are able 2 get tons of dc games and Im sure you all here havent all. So dont spend money for that crap!
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:56 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
These games will get out eventually. It is only a matter of time. I don't really see the need to fork over this much money for these GD-ROMS. Maybe if you are a collector and want to hoard it all to yourself. Yea then it retains value.

But look at what we have here. Propeller Arena is only worthwhile to own for a collector or someone that REALLY wants the original GD-ROM. Hey, if I had the money I would love to own a gd-rom of PA.

Heroes of Might and Magic III, while it is a strategy game, and brings some much needed RTS gameplay to the DC... has lots of loading throughout the game. Seems the only people this game will do any good for are Dreamcast Fans craving some RTS gameplay besides Conflict Zone, or Hundred Swords (if they know the menus). Plus if your not down with the medieval themes present in the game, then it bumps its value down even further.

Flinstones... ehh yea...

Test Drive Cycles... I heard this game was barely even playable? Someone correct me. I could have sworn I read a post somewhere about this saying the game was busted.

---

I could see somehow getting and releasing Heroes of Might and Magic III as a good thing. It would be cool to boot that up, have it and take it for a spin. However I don't think its worth busting balls to get it. But thats just me.

Here is some screenies of the DC version (supposedly), in-case anyone is interested:
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/strategy/heroesofmightandmagic3/screenindex.html
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:34 am
quote : #8
Oh my god people give up so much money for a game looking like that ?
Seem like it might have been a good idea it wasnt released it certainly doesnt look finished and those kind of games best left for the pc perhaps lol.Now that flintstones game I was always interested because any of you know what it looks like cos I dont have a clue at all:) thanks

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:01 am
quote : #9
i actually think it looks quite good. i wouldnt spend any money on it that they are asking but if i could download it and play it that would be sweet. i was always waiting for this one to come out.

Last edited by ultrapro on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:00 am
quote : #10
charmed_699 wrote:
Oh my god people give up so much money for a game looking like that ?

It's aparent that you've never plaied a Might and Magic game before. Graphics are the last thing you think about when your wasting hours on that baby.
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:49 am
quote : #11
I was really thinking about this game, Heroes of Might and Magic. Why not leave someone take control from this forum and start up a collection thing like kingofgrills stated. I mean, if all went well, all payments could be collected through a paypal account. If this forum would win the bid, someone can distro the copy. If things don't go well, everyone could take back their claims from Paypal and reclaim their cash. People, don't get me wrong. I really don't think anyone should pay that much separately for an unfinished game. Yet, if enough people put up money for it, it might be worth it. I could deal with the load times since there's hardly any decent RTS games. But, Lord Nikon does have a point. This game probably will get leaked. I guess I'm just stating my 2 cents.

Stonefreeze

TheMytho
rank 28
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:57 am
quote : #12
Type: NTSC-U/C
It really all boils down to your opinion on whether you believe Heroes of Might and Magic III is worth $500+.

Would it be nice to take for a spin? Certaintly. But is it worth forking over mucho dinero for a game that only a select few enjoy? Not to me. I suppose I am a tad bit bias, since I don't really care for medievil themes either.

If you guys are really dying to play the game that badly, might I suggest the PC version? Heroes of M & M III should be able to run on pretty much any computer due to it's age.

-Mytho

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 am
quote : #13
Quote:
I was really thinking about this game, Heroes of Might and Magic. Why not leave someone take control from this forum and start up a collection thing like kingofgrills stated. I mean, if all went well, all payments could be collected through a paypal account. If this forum would win the bid, someone can distro the copy. If things don't go well, everyone could take back their claims from Paypal and reclaim their cash. People, don't get me wrong. I really don't think anyone should pay that much separately for an unfinished game. Yet, if enough people put up money for it, it might be worth it. I could deal with the load times since there's hardly any decent RTS games. But, Lord Nikon does have a point. This game probably will get leaked. I guess I'm just stating my 2 cents.

i will simply re-itterate what nikon said a few posts ago for those who missed/neglected to read it. this is the best explanation as to why it is not worth wasting the money on these games at such ridiculous prices. in a few years it will be free on the net, why spend hundreds on it when we can wait?

Quote:
These games will get out eventually. It is only a matter of time. I don't really see the need to fork over this much money for these GD-ROMS. Maybe if you are a collector and want to hoard it all to yourself. Yea then it retains value.

But look at what we have here. Propeller Arena is only worthwhile to own for a collector or someone that REALLY wants the original GD-ROM. Hey, if I had the money I would love to own a gd-rom of PA.

Heroes of Might and Magic III, while it is a strategy game, and brings some much needed RTS gameplay to the DC... has lots of loading throughout the game. Seems the only people this game will do any good for are Dreamcast Fans craving some RTS gameplay besides Conflict Zone, or Hundred Swords (if they know the menus). Plus if your not down with the medieval themes present in the game, then it bumps its value down even further.

Flinstones... ehh yea...

Test Drive Cycles... I heard this game was barely even playable? Someone correct me. I could have sworn I read a post somewhere about this saying the game was busted.

---

I could see somehow getting and releasing Heroes of Might and Magic III as a good thing. It would be cool to boot that up, have it and take it for a spin. However I don't think its worth busting balls to get it. But thats just me.

Here is some screenies of the DC version (supposedly), in-case anyone is interested:
http://www.gamespot.com/dreamcast/strategy/heroesofmightandmagic3/scre enindex.html