Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:21 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
So many games i go into on DC Q3, the rocket launcher is the only weapon or the dominant weapon used. It seems like the splatter of this weapon makes the other weapons seem far obsolete. Almost every game i play its all jsut the rocket launcher being used. Why is there an over dependance on this specific weapon, seems like it cuts down the gameplay a lot.
Posted:
Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:57 pm
quote : #2
The rocket launcher is the best weapon if you can master it because you can jump higher with it if you use it right and the splash damage is good. However, the Railgun is also commonly used, but it sucks if you have dial-up because the lag keeps you from hitting anything. The plasma gun chews through ammo too quickly and the shots are slow moving. The shotgun is awesome, but only at close range. The BFG is the best gun since it combines the best attributes of the best weapons, but most levels don't have them. The lightning gun is too hard too control and is too weak in my opinion. The grenade launcher is worthless unless you are really, really good with it, or it can be good if you're playing an idiot in a small room.

I think that's why most use the rocket launcher.

(BTW My favorite weapon is the Gauntlet.) Very Happy
Posted:
Sat Jul 26, 2003 1:46 am
quote : #3
quake is real fast... so u havent real time 2 aim... and a rocket hits a bigger circle Razz ... thats good for n00bies like me, but I love the shotgun, its so funny 2 splash targets in front of u...

LETS FRAG

Nico0020
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Jul 26, 2003 12:40 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U
I think the best weapon is the shotgun, if you get right up to someone and shoot, they are dead.

twistedidiot
rank 7
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 2:31 am
quote : #5
The rocket launcher is the best weapon for n00bs like me and the secondary explosion'll get em if you barely miss...also it packs a decent punch and makes a big mess when it hits and it's really neat when you frag someone in midair. As for the lamest weapon...the grappling hook!!! It does no damage and it seems some of the servers I play on have them everywhere so I constantly have to keep switching back...and getting fragged in the process. I am gonnahave to take off the autoswitch function!!! Also the servers I find (6 total all real laggy) have little or no ammo spawn so I find myself running around with the gauntlet...sigh and the other guy has a seemingly unlimited supply of rockets and he aims perfectly....sigh. So I spend most of my time sprayed on the walls...Also...has anyone had graphic glitches on some servers like weird weapon fire effects??

FOXYuk
rank 3
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:21 am
quote : #6
I dont think the wierd weapon effects are glitches, the people who set up the servers have modified them. You can have real fun in some of them with the wierd fire you get. But i gotta say i would like to murder the bot in one of the servers called BOBOT, hes a real cheeky f**ker!! Laughing
C ya tonight Grubensau and i can practice my aim on you Twisted Evil
Posted:
Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:29 am
quote : #7
u aiming Foxy....??? so I have 2 stand still like a nonmoving target....??? Be sure I take my N00bie rockets and burn u ass Smile see u later......

marioman
rank 7
Posted:
Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:09 pm
quote : #8
top 3 weapons
1.Shot Gun
2.Rocket Launcher
3.Guantlet

Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:15 am
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
everyone i know sticks to using the rocket launcher in Q3 because it is sorta an all purpose tool. you get splash damage, rocket jumps etc. but my fav. is the plasma gun. nice fast rate of fire of hot melty death! on a related note, i remember watching on gamespot tv (man that was a long time ago) a segment about a worldwide unreal tournament. most of the players said that the U.S players tend to use many weapons to get a kill, while players in korea and most other countries tend to use just one gun, but they are very proficient with it.

esk
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:20 pm
quote : #10
played for years usin mainly rocket launcher,
but i stopped playin for a long time Sad

in about the 1/2 year b4 i stopped playin
i use 2 play alot of railgun and armour only
games with ppl a played alot of games with,
we all seem 2 get kik ass with railguns and
ended up prefering them 2 r/launcher..
alas i play now and my aim is gone Sad lol
so i use rl again now Smile

martianviking
rank 23
Posted:
Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:52 pm
quote : #11
Yeah, like everyone said, it's powerful and has splash damage, so it's popular. Plus the old trick of shooting at the opponent's feet to get splash damage even if you barely miss (instead of the rocket whizzing by their ear and missing them completely) is helpful. It's probably just the easiest weapon to be good with.

Other weapons can be incredibly devastating (railgun and shotgun, most obviously), but it takes a lot more skill to be good with them than with the rocket launcher.