Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:49 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Greetings all!

Just dug out my old dreamcast, and started to reminise over pso all those (two) years ago! Although I seem to have sold my copy of pso I decided to find out if anyone was still playin it online, and I found this site! It's pretty cool the game still has a following online. Can anyone answer a few Q's for me, as I'm considering getting my hands on another copy of the game.

1. I am right in thinkin all i need to play it again is an original copy of the game (PAL) well I am in England so thats the only one my system will play!

2. A copy of dreamkey 3, which I still have.

3. And dial up

Also i still have pso ver 2 save files on my VMU, would they work using pso ver 1 if that was the only one i could get hold of?
cheers in advance of any feedback!

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:19 am
quote : #2
No, PSO v2 saves will not work with v1. If you want to continue your game, you have to pick up v2. I got mine for like $2.50 USD on ebay (Still sealed).

EDIT: Sorry about the out-of-region post. delete this if need be.

DaMan
rank 28
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:27 am
quote : #3
Type: NTSC-U/C
Dalore wrote:
Greetings all!

Just dug out my old dreamcast, and started to reminise over pso all those (two) years ago! Although I seem to have sold my copy of pso I decided to find out if anyone was still playin it online, and I found this site! It's pretty cool the game still has a following online. Can anyone answer a few Q's for me, as I'm considering getting my hands on another copy of the game.

1. I am right in thinkin all i need to play it again is an original copy of the game (PAL) well I am in England so thats the only one my system will play!

Yes.
Dalore wrote:
2. A copy of dreamkey 3, which I still have.

Yes, Dreamkey is used to allow you to use your own isp, instead of the now defunct dreamarena

Dalore wrote:
3. And dial up

Yes, dial up will work just fine, although Its my understanding it can get costly in the UK. (I live in the US , so somebody else might be better explaining how it works in the UK.)

Dalore wrote:
Also i still have pso ver 2 save files on my VMU, would they work using pso ver 1 if that was the only one i could get hold of?
cheers in advance of any feedback!

Sorry only Ver 1 save files work with ver 1 you will need to purchase a copy of version 2 , If you used them online before you might have to delete them; unless you still have the SNAK (Serial Number and Access Key) that you originally used for those characters.

Welcome to onlineconsoles , Dalore!
Al
rank 13
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:30 am
quote : #4
You need a PAL copy of the game AND new serial codes if you buy a used one.

You won't be able to use your old save files online no matter what version of the game you get.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:26 pm
quote : #5
just looked on ebay uk, there's about zero copies knocking about.

Got another question, can ver 1 and ver 2 players play together or do you require ver 2 if you want to play others using ver 2?

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:38 pm
quote : #6
Dalore wrote:
just looked on ebay uk, there's about zero copies knocking about.

Got another question, can ver 1 and ver 2 players play together or do you require ver 2 if you want to play others using ver 2?

You can create a team that is PSO v1 compatible, so you can play with users of v1 if you have v2. Basically, you can only play the classic gametype that is in v1 if you want to play with v1 users. So yes, you can play with v1 users if you have v2.

Again, sorry about the out-of -region post.

Dalore
rank 10
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:53 pm
quote : #7
do many ver 2 users make their games ver 1 compatible, I'm asking because I can get hold of ver 1 quite easily but not ver 2. Would you suggest I hang on to find ver 2 or get ver 1 and hope enough users play a compatible games?

Smurph
rank 11
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:26 pm
quote : #8
Most users probably make v1 compatible games, so as to not exclude anyone from joining. Unless they feel like playing battle or challenge or something. If you can find v1 cheap enough, and you REALLY want to play, I would say get that first, then when you find v2, get that and transfer your character over. v2 is supposedly a lot better.

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:15 pm
quote : #9
Type: Pal
Al wrote:
You need a PAL copy of the game AND new serial codes if you buy a used one.

You won't be able to use your old save files online no matter what version of the game you get.

Why would the old save files not work if the codes were still within the DC? In theory I should be able to pack away my DC for 10 years and still go online if it had the serials and access keys in it. My main concern would be that after such a long time sat up your DC more than likely doesnt have the codes still inside it and it wil need new ones.

Most players DONT make V1 games, best getting V2.

Laters
Posted:
Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:53 pm
quote : #10
Blast wrote:

Most players DONT make V1 games, best getting V2.

Laters

Oh, ok. I guess logic failed me in this case.