Page Location: Home > Archive - General > Topic
kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:08 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Hey all,

I was home sick this past Tuesday, so I actually had a chance to participate in the regularly scheduled Tuesday / Thursday F355 races for the first time. Woah, the grids were filled for each race, and that is something I have not been fortunate enough to experience yet.

I made it through the time trials okay for each stage, and everything went okay in the full race. Unfortunately, each time the replay information was exchanged with the server the game would freeze and disconnect with the "Race Ended. Connection with server lost" error (or whatever the exact message is). Anyway, I've been involved with races with 1 or 2 racers before, and I encountered that message when all other racers have withdrawn before the end. I'm hard pressed to believe that 5 other racers would retire early 3 races in a row during the regularly scheduled event. This leads me to think there was some sort of server difficulty going on, or there was difficulty with my server. It always happened during the final exchange of race information though, so I'm a bit puzzled.

I went through 3 race stages, each yielding the exact same results, before finally giving up. What was going to be an afternoon of racing heaven quickly went to hell. Needless to say, that was very frustrating. Has anyone encountered a similar situation before with F355? If you have, please let me know.

How are my little crackers doing today?
maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:53 pm
quote : #2
yes i have experienced that. i noticed that things improved when i bought a new dial up cable. make sure you are using a well designed (and expensive) cable not one of those cheap ones that come with the DC.

jools
rank 8
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:06 pm
quote : #3
I wondered what had happened to you in those races. Hope you can get it sorted out. I know some isp's don't work well with 355 so if changing cable doesn't work try someone else.
it's a shame you can't make the regular Tu+Th@9pmGMT races, i think there's another meet in the scheduler that might be better for you.
There were 6 players in most races tonight (Thu) and very close replays. 1st+2nd at Suzuka seperated by a couple of hundredths, Long Beach by a few tenths. Lonewolf10 does a race report at Helga's page f355.cjb.net

hope to cya on the track some day.

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:17 pm
quote : #4
CRAP!!!

Unfortunately, I cannot trouble shoot F355's online functions without going against someone, and I usually can't find anyone outside of the scheduled races.

Hopefully, I'll get this sorted out soon.

How are my little crackers doing today?