Page Location: Home > Dreamcast Lounge > Topic
pakkitman
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:36 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
They say it has "identical functionality as the Twin Sticks" but it looks NOTHING like Twin Sticks but instead looks like an arcade board. Is it an arcade controller where you plug it into two controller ports and can play on one board? Or is it actually a Twin Stick? I'm looking for a cheap arcade board (hopefully two) so I can play Street Fighter and MvC2 without feeliing dirty. And so I can actually pickup Virtua Fighter 3tb. Smile
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=28&products_id=3443&
rank 33
Posted:
Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:03 pm
quote : #2
Unfortunately, my computer can't access the link at the moment, but if it's the stick manufactured by Blaze, it's just a double set of arcade sticks, and it does not replicate the Twin Sticks for VOOT. It plugs into two controller ports, and it's just like a slightly smaller version of an arcade panel. Blaze also made a larger version of the same thing, but I don't think they make it anymore.

You've mentioned to me before that you're interested in getting an arcade stick. If you're interested in the dual arcade controller setup, which I personally would love to have, I would suggest checking out the X Arcade stick instead. They still make them, so the price is reasonable, and they use arcade quality components. Plus, they make controller adapters that allow it to be used with Dreamcast or any of the other current consoles as well. X Arcade makes both single stick and double stick models, and they really look and feel like an arcade panel. Given the number of awesome 2D and 3D fighters on Dreamcast, it would make the ideal controller setup.

Crap! Now I really want it! www.x-arcade.com

How are my little crackers doing today?
TTS
rank 13
Posted:
Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:39 pm
quote : #3
I also have been looking into it, but I want to try to remember the first time I spent A hundred and fifty bucks on a controller before...

Yup, drawin a blank. (god I'm cheep)
Posted:
Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:39 pm
quote : #4
TTS wrote:
I also have been looking into it, but I want to try to remember the first time I spent A hundred and fifty bucks on a controller before...

Yup, drawin a blank. (god I'm cheep)

Cheap? 150 is a high asking point for a controller anyday! But if you take into consideration that it's two controllers in 1, it makes the pain slightly easier to cope with. It's so damn sexy though... So, who wants to buy me a X-mas present? :|

Posted Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:42 pm:

Also, the lack of a VMU slot gots me hurting... But gawd its so pretty and it does make the Blaze arcade stick look slightly wussy in comparison. Does anyone own either this or the Blaze DC arcade sticks and can tell me how well they work?
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:09 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
In fact this controller is just like two arcade sticks.

You need two controller ports and it has one VMU slot for each stick.
Rumble is built in as well as auto fire.

There's also a button for switching between "Normal" and "Stick"

I just got one from a Computer Store in Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Just take the subway to Tsuen Wan, jump off at Sham Shui Po, go to Exit E and turn left.
It was 180 HKD at all (which is about 20 €).

But this thing isn't "Mini" like it is called. Luckily I hadn't taken a suitcase with me but a bag instead... With trousers on the left and the right I could make it fit into it quite well.

I haven't tested it much yet but the pink and green design is quite cool ^^

kingofgrills
rank 33
Posted:
Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:40 am
quote : #6
Al wrote:
In fact this controller is just like two arcade sticks.

You need two controller ports and it has one VMU slot for each stick.
Rumble is built in as well as auto fire.

There's also a button for switching between "Normal" and "Stick"

I just got one from a Computer Store in Sham Shui Po, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Just take the subway to Tsuen Wan, jump off at Sham Shui Po, go to Exit E and turn left.
It was 180 HKD at all (which is about 20 €).

But this thing isn't "Mini" like it is called. Luckily I hadn't taken a suitcase with me but a bag instead... With trousers on the left and the right I could make it fit into it quite well.

I haven't tested it much yet but the pink and green design is quite cool ^^

There is a switch between "Normal" and "Stick" modes? What does that mean? On the off chance it works, would you please test it with Virtua On? Oh, and you're right, it's not really "Mini" as the name indicated. It is smaller than Blaze's original Twin Arcade Stick, which was a bit larger in size.

I'd love to get ahold of the X-Arcade dual setup though. Locally, Gamestops carry X-Arcade stuff, but I've only seen the single stick setup in stores. It's big. I can't imagine having the dual setup. That would be unreal.

How are my little crackers doing today?
Al
rank 13
Posted:
Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:45 pm
quote : #7
Type: PAL
kingofgrills wrote:
There is a switch between "Normal" and "Stick" modes? What does that mean? On the off chance it works, would you please test it with Virtua On?

That's just what I was thinking...
I will test it soon with Virtual On.

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:16 pm:

Just tested it tonight.

C and Z (> L and R) buttons don't work on Virtual On if I use that function...

On Capcom vs. SNK 2 both modes work ingame but it's different in the character selection.

So... I don't know what that button is good for yet.