Previous  1, 2
gRimGrAvY014
rank 27
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:49 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Well if your only gonna go online with Quake 3 you don't need to a browser disc.Quake 3 has the option so you don't need to have the Broswer disc to set up your isp with your DC.You can do it with the Quake disc.

halal6
rank 1
Posted:
Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:07 pm
quote : #17
So what would be the advantage of geting the 3.0 disk? For broadband use only? Also with the planet dremcast opening back up, do you think we will see other game servers go back online like unreal tournament, NBA 2002, etc.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:51 am
quote : #18
well looks like i may finally be able to play again guys!! i just checked out the server addresses, figured out how to work it and it looks like the next time someone schedules a game on one of the oc servers i shall be there!! gimmie a holla.
Posted:
Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:14 am
quote : #19
halal6 wrote:
I still have the old browser disc version 2.62 do I have to purchase the 3.0 version to get online if I'm still using dial up

No, You should be able to get on just fine! Search these forums for a thread called Planetweb 3.0 download, You can download it from there. Anyway back on topic good work nikon! You've obviously been working your ass off and I'd be surprised if it still functioned properly!Mr. Green I still hope to get this game, but I'll have to import the US version. But when I finnaly get it I'm gonna take these servers for a really long ride! Hope to see you soon! Very Happy
Posted:
Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:59 am
quote : #20
I had problems getting the Master List at first too. What you have to do is fill out Dial Account 1 with all your isp's information except the DNS numbers. Use 0.0.0.0 as your DNS numbers and you should connect everytime.

juan1984
rank 1
Posted:
Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:27 pm
quote : #21
yeah ive been dying to connect to quake but i cant seem to get it to work. i wrote all the numbers down and i enter them manualy
but nothing seems to work. ill keep working on it couse i luuuvz that game. and if you guys could possibly do this for the unreal servers thatd be awesome. ctf roolz on that.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:09 am
quote : #22
juan1984 wrote:
yeah ive been dying to connect to quake but i cant seem to get it to work. i wrote all the numbers down and i enter them manualy
but nothing seems to work. ill keep working on it couse i luuuvz that game. and if you guys could possibly do this for the unreal servers thatd be awesome. ctf roolz on that.

Hi, at the moment the OC Q3 servers are down for maintenance. Have you tried connecting to other servers? are you able to reach the master list?

We cannot host servers for Unreal, there is no publically available server software, and sega took down all of the dedicated servers for the game in June of 2003. So Unreal Tournaments network functions for the Dreamcast are currently non-functional.
Posted:
Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:53 am
quote : #23
are the OC servers still down?

Blast
rank 43
Posted:
Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:25 am
quote : #24
Type: Pal
Jonatello wrote:
are the OC servers still down?

I am sure LK would have informed us if they were back up.

Laters
Posted:
Tue Dec 27, 2005 5:52 pm
quote : #25
At the moment the servers are still down. My friend, who worked at a datacenter had the servers up. Unfortunalty he switched jobs. He did get a job at another datacenter...BUT...it turned out to be a shit job, so now he is in a state of flux. I'm sorry they arn't back up, but there is nothing I can do at the moment. I will have these servers back up as soon as the resources are available to do so.

Just so there is no confusion to "new" players, there are many other servers available in the master list, and OC's servers while very stable and solid servers, were not the only thing which enabled gamers to play Dreamcast Q3. Anyone can host a server and have it publically available in the master list. I'm mentioning this because some uninformed new gamers got the impression that because OC's servers were down, DCQ3 was somehow broken.

I will have a status report as soon as I know there is another server being built and put up. Thank you for everyone's patience on this matter.