Page Location: Home > Quake III Arena > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:14 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Ok It is now completed. My perminant Quake 3 Dreamcast setup. Here is what it consists of:

Official Dreamcast Console
Official Dreamcast US Broadband Adaptor
Dragoncast 2 VGA Adaptor
Sony Trinitron 17" Flat CRT
Madcatz KB adaptor + PC keyboard
Official Dreamcast Mouse
Official copy of Quake 3 US/NTSC
Official DC Controller
Official Dreamcast VMU

Not only this but at the top od the monitor is a slot to stick a cd-case. I have the Quake 3 cd case on display. It is a thing of beauty. Quake 3 on dreamcast has never been so convenient. This is the best setup I could recommend.

What will put the icing on the cake is a 2 port KVM switch. Allowing me to switch the monitor input between the console and an alternate PC at the flip of a switch.
(I have 5 computers and 3 monitors....so I have to view monitors, so this is why I am looking to get a KVM switch.)
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:57 pm
quote : #2
Not bad, not bad...

But what about the keyboard adapter? I heard that with the keyboard adapter (instead of a native Dreamcast keyboard) there were problems pressing more than one key at a time. So, for instance, you wouldn't be able to strafe left and turn right at the same time (using the keyboard) if you were using the adapter.

I've only used native DC keyboards, so I'm not sure. (I can definitely see why you would prefer a PC keyboard with an adapter if you are using a KVM switch.) So is that only true for some adapters, or is it even true at all?

ganjaborg
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:13 am
quote : #3
hi ppl, u just lucky for havin a bba .
i just have a 56k, and i would like to own a bba for dreamcast.
i'm an xbox live! user, and a ps2 online user too.
i'm not goin online with game cube, coz i 'm not gettina bba for only 1 game that i've been playn for free on sega dreamcast.
actually dc is the only console i cannot use with broad band connectivity, here in europe bba never came out Crying or Very sad
if u know an online shop where to buy it, e mail me
ganjaborg@hotmail.com

ciao dreamcast players