Page Location: Home > Archive - News > Topic
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:39 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
Capcom communicates that to 10.12.03 several Japanese web pages is switched off to Dreamcast plays. Concerned are among other things. Giga Wing, Giga Wing 2, Street Fighter III double Impact, El Dorado gate, Mars matrix and Gunbird 2. Furthermore the Download services are no longer possible to the plays via Isao.net.

Capcom reports that on the 10th of december all Japanese webpages for capcom dreamcast titles will be taken down. The in-game linked websites will no longer be accessable. Also the isoa.net download services are no longer functioning. Games included in thue shutdown include:

Giga Wing
Giga Wing 2
Street Fighter III double Impact
El Dorado gate
Mars matrix
Gunbird 2

It's no suprise that in game Dreamcast sites can and will go down. Besides jsut checking them out for the fun of it, few hold major value other than any specific download features that were on the sites. All I know is, whatever else is out there to be salvaged, we better act fast, because it's just gonna keep on happening.

So far me, ZeiramWing and DreamcastMagic and others have had great success in tracking down and salvaging files. Check out the Research Thread also if you want to get more involved in this process.

We hope to have Skies of Arcadia, Sonic 1 & 2, and PSO v2 quests all salvaged and online here at OC for download within a week.

Last edited by lordnikon on Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:50 pm
quote : #2
All I need is a game's name, it takes far to much time for be to go throw all the Dreamcast games but people who know Capcom games that had downloadable content please post know so I can save the content... its a shame. Well for Japanese Dreamcast gamers this is quite big news, but still has some real affect on us

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:58 pm
quote : #3
A lot more people own Dreamcast Imports....rather than other systems. Primarily because many commercial lega boot discs. So I thought it relevant to post this.

Yea I'm not sure exactly what, if any of these games has downloadable content. I know my copy of Super Puzzle Fighter 2X the website doesn't work. Maybe the Mars Matrix site has some downloads but I don't think it did. I think it only had internet rankings.

Main reason I brought this up was to bring attention to other dreamcast games that are still up and have significant download content.

Hey DreamcastMagic, check sega.com, and go to chu chu rocket's homepage:
http://www.sega.com/games/dreamcast/post_dreamcastgame.jhtml?PRODID=225

On there you go through and it says "Characters" and says you can download characters from the games website. The US website for Chu Chu is down right? Also are any of those characters on there in those .jp files off the jp chu chu site? I havn't actually tested out those chu chu files I extracted from the chu chhu jp site yet.

If there were american files with those cool characters in it, we gotta track em down. SO KOOL.
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:03 pm
quote : #4
The Chu Chu Rocket website has been down for sometime, Im not sure if downloadable content from Japanese games will work with US games but they should, as for Chu Chu Rocket it looks like useing the Japanese files are too much troble ill drop a link to that site that has them for download they work, were saved from the site long ago befor it went down, ill post it tomorrow

EDIT: I looked and I think this was a choice capcom and Isoa.net made together, one not wanted to pay the other to host the sites

EDIT: it also looks like the list is small, no more then 8

EDIT: im a hour or so ill post the full list of games going down that ISOA.net has posted

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:16 pm
quote : #5
I got the chu chu files off the jp site already. I have them in a few formats so I will be testing those as soon as possible.
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:22 am
quote : #6
just let me know if i can lend a hand. i have some vmu space to donate.

Now Playing: PS3 - Brutal Legend, 360 - Red Dead Redemption, Wii - MadWorld, DC - Dux
Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:51 pm
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U
I got the skies and the sonic 2 theme files, all thats needed from there are the kart files, they're pretty big. but as for sonic one.... the site is down... i don't know when it went down, but its gone.

DreamcastMagic
banned!
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:38 pm
quote : #8
I have the complete downloads for:
Sonic Adventure (over 200 blocks, including a European one!)
Sonic Adventure 2 (all the themes and track downloads)
Skies of Arcadia (the quests)
Chu Chu Rocket (the additional character files)

these games are covered and can and will send the files to someone who wants them ... just pm me and ill e-mail it too you

Zeiram_Wing
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:55 pm
quote : #9
Type: NTSC-U
Da-amn! well, that pretty much takes care of that! Viva la DreamcastMagic!

OrochiSonic
rank 8
Posted:
Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:39 pm
quote : #10
bows before dreamcastmagic. Man give those up to nikon so we can download them here on the oc! Very Happy
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:48 am
quote : #11
Well I was going to get the Samba De Amigo files, just got the game in the mail. And to my shock the website has been taken offline! While I can still get the files it will be a little harder sense im going to have to get them from the Japanese site which is still online. I will post the full list of games going off later today. I would have done it sooner but a ton of things have come up and Christmas for me is always really busy... But it is no more then 6 games (based on the list I looked over in a hurry)

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:55 am
quote : #12
Yea this is how i kinda feel with everything dreamcast related. It seems as if stuff is just dropping off the internet. It's like a mad clamor for us to now have to grab all these files and very valuable information and get it archived here. VMU stuff, sites, servers...its like all vanishing before our very eyes. I went through some of the sega.com sites the other day grabbing alien front online wallpapers and video clips off there. I'm gonna keep doing these kinds of things...cause man.....its a shame that all this valuable stuff is just dissapearing.

DreamcastMagic I hope you have some luck with those Samba file. MAN and i really want some of those Samba Maracas!
Posted:
Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:50 pm
quote : #13
Same here im going to try to buy two Sega made ones next summer, the game is so much fun but with the controller it flat out sucks!

UPDATE: Only the following in-game websites are going off-line under each is a link to the site (Will go down very soon)

Giga Wing - Has downloads, BB and online rankings
http://gigawing.dricas.ne.jp/gigawing/

Giga Wing 2 - Has online rankings and BB
http://gw-2.dricas.ne.jp/

Mars Matrix - Has online rankings and BB
http://mmtrix.dricas.ne.jp/

Gun Spike - Has downloads
http://gunspike.dricas.ne.jp/

Gunbird 2 - Has downloads
http://gunbird2.dricas.ne.jp/gunbird2/

Sorry for posting the news so last, all the info from www.Isoa.net

Last edited by DreamcastMagic on Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:40 pm
quote : #14
I tried to get these files using dreamkey. Either the files are not accessable, deleted, or need to be accessed with the specific game browser.

Possibly they were archived somewhere on a VMU website. This would be the next place to look.