Page 1 of 1
lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:52 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
quite simply i am crap at f355 and totally gets smashed when i play online ( its still great fun though) i was just after some general help/advise on playing f355, like how to have a got start etc. thanks a lot, lozz.

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:53 pm:

good start*
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Dannycas
rank 7
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:21 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
i don't know man, I'm in the same boat as you.
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:59 pm
quote : #3
ya i get smoked everytime i race maurice x. i think its cuz i have all the assist stuff on.
Posted:
Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm
quote : #4
ok guys follow these steps first and you should be able to improve your skills and enjoy f355 online

1- have all the driving aids on including the IBS (this makes the car brake automatically before curves or turns, without you using the brakes)

2 - use automatic transmission - if you are new to f355 it is recommended to use automatic gear changes. maybe when you get the feel of the car and the track you can then try manual.

3 - know the tracks well - you must know the tracks like the back of your hand.

4 - at first concentrate more on making clean laps rather than hot laps - in other words try not to make many mistakes, the best way to do that is by being a little cautious on the turns even if it costs you a couple of tenth it's better than pushing too hard and going off the track and losing 3 -4 seconds (which can be very frustrating).
'the key is to minimise the amount of mistakes you make'

5 - learn the braking points - look for an object like a tree or a fence, something you can use as a braking point before taking a turn or corner.

6 - buy a steering wheel - preferably the ferrari thrustmaster - a wheel makes a huge difference/ improvement when playing f355 (if you are serious about buying one pm me and I'll tell you a place in ebay where you can get them very cheap)

7 - don't be put off by other ace drivers - specialy the guys who play on tues and thurs night uk time, these guys are using "tricks" like: HIRO shifting, NAZO drifting which makes them clock unbelievible lap times.
your best option is to play in race meetings where those "tricks" are not allowed. like the wed and frid night uk time races (however if you are mre than happy to race on tues and thurs then go for it, i'm not trying to stop anybody from racing there, i'm only suggesting what might be the best option for someone who is new to f355).

8 - practice - in order to improve your skills you must be willing to spend sometime practicing.

9 - don't give it up - i can understand it can be off putting to finish last most races (hell i use to finish last all the time) but once you get the feel of the car, the tracks and most importantly you find people who are in your own level and you improve with them, it's a very rewarding experience.
I encourage everyone who's new to f355 to join us on wed and frid nights as the racing is more even and everyone is in the same boat.

the start - the reason why you think you are not makin a good start is because the other guys are using HIRO shifting at the start, it makes it look like they're using F1 cars and you using a humble beetle.

like i said don't worry about them, just have all the driving aids on and start the way you usualy do.
or
For starts with no assists, one method is to hold revs at about 6500 during the
countdown then give a touch more gas at the 'go' beep to push the edge of the
envelope. Hold throttle briefly at this new level, waiting until the first sign
of stability, then smoothly increase fuel to maximum.

hope it helps

Edit: Lozz, Dannycas and stacykfan69 it seems like you are all in the same level, why not get together and play?

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:44 am
quote : #5
Type: PAL
thanks for the advise, could you tell where i can get a cheap wheel on ebay! also great idea,do you guys wanna race some time like beginners only?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
Dannycas
rank 7
Posted:
Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:09 am
quote : #6
Type: NTSC-U/C
thanks for the advice, I'll keep that stuff in mind.

Yea I'd play; what time zone are you guys in. I live in NJ.
Posted:
Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:13 am
quote : #7
Hello folks, Maurice has given you good advice there! F355 is all about practice!

I was awful at the game for ages, I also did not like driving games. Then I realised how good a game it was when playing with manual gears.

Most people do not give the game the time it deserves, they give up! (They probably do the same in life as well lol), I came last on all races for weeks playing online, but I just practiced until I got my lines right.

Hopefully you folks will put the effort it and improve. As Maurice says, "Why not race together"

Kizzy

helga
rank 3
Posted:
Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:13 pm
quote : #8
Yes pratice is really the only way to improve
at this game. Best to get into using MT gears as
soon as you have learnt the tracks.

Also watch other drivers during the replay so you
can watch the line and braking points that they
use. Also important is being in the right gear at
the right time for each corner.

Starting fast isn't just down to Hiro shifting, for
the fastest start turn SC off (all other assist on)just after the counter reaches 1 floor the gas!
you then reach the right revs just as go comes uponce into 2nd gear turn SC back on.

This will improve your starting without the need
for Hiro shifting.