Page 2 of 3
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:27 am
quote : #16
profile : pm
Type: NTSC-U/C
It was probobly taken offline by accident. Sega moved all of their websites when they merged with Sammy. The development studios were re-organized. What most likely happened was sega killed off all their old domains or moved stuff around. Accidently crippling F355 Challenge in the process.
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:29 am
quote : #17
So, can this game be fixed easily? Or is it doomed?

Added: Opps, nevermind. i should have read the few posts before the last before i posted mine. Woops! Razz Man, i hope they come off the scripts. GRRRR! Frustrating how they do this to us dedicated gamers >Sad

fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:47 am
quote : #18
Type: PAL
Well its like lord sayed . They probably yust cleaned there webserver from "old" content .

But i will never understand , how/why someone delets such nice websites
like the official 18 wheeler website fighting vipers virtua fighter 4 f355 netranking <- :/

I had some packet logs , but my hd is whiped , and i had no logs
of acctual games , only the packets that are send to the webserver , when you
wait for a player . Most likely yust keep alive and im here packets :p
lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:59 am
quote : #19
fallout wrote:
But i will never understand , how/why someone delets such nice websites
like the official 18 wheeler website fighting vipers virtua fighter 4 f355 netranking <- :/

I have all of these archived :] My webarchive is currently at about 76,000 meticuliously sorted files. Problem is I am having trouble finding accurate ways to back the thing up. It won't burn to a CD, compressed even. It corrupts all over the place. I probobly going to have to just use multiple Harddrive backups. Its becoming a real problem. Even my game media archive wont burn off. And the image directory is 11,000 files + alone. Embarassed
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:18 pm
quote : #20
the webserver is working again , and so should f355

But we can see how fast and easy without ahnything we can do , something
we "love" will be lost . I'll really want now packet logs from actuall games ,
befo0re it went offline again .
IMP@QT
rank 8
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:27 pm
quote : #21
fallout wrote:
the webserver is working again , and so should f355

But we can see how fast and easy without ahnything we can do , something
we "love" will be lost . I'll really want now packet logs from actuall games ,
befo0re it went offline again .
Good idea. Get as much as you can so we dont have to worry the next time it goes down, and decides not to come back online.
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:22 pm
quote : #22
Ok good thing its up. Funny thing is I still can't look into it yet. Working on 12 million things at once. Anyways people are free to log packets as they see fit. Comm View is a good packet logger...however...is not free.

AnalogX has a freely available one if anyone wants to grab some packets:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/pmon.htm

You will need a PC-DC server setup of course in order to do this. Also I should mention that I myself, or anyone else I know have not gotten F355 Challenge to work 100% with the PC-DC server. (Have you Fallout?)

It will lock up at the final results download for the replay. Telling other player that you have left the game. Locking up your DC. If anyone has some insight on this issue would love to hear it.
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:38 pm
quote : #23
Jesus Crist!!! you guys don't know how relieved i am that the servers are back online, even though it had only been one day.
i have been so stressout with the thought of f355 never coming back! i didn't sleep properly, i lost weight, i lost hair all in one day due to stress Smile

this game is so unique in its form of online racing, it bits the likes of forza motorsport and toca race driver 2 on xbox live, and grand turismo 4 ps2, i played all these games for a while online but never looked back.
can we please do something to keep this game alive forever, i'll do a course to learn about tech stuff, i'll give up my entire videogame collection (PS2, xbox), i have a girlfriend i give that up too just to play this game online Smile

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:30 pm
quote : #24
Well not sure why; but I had games tonight against 8 different players between 8:30pm and 11:00pm (GMT+1), four of those players I have never even seen online before?

They were all quality racers ranging from brilliant to very good! Some good races took place!

Fuka was there for one of them, there must be some Wednesday meet that I did not know about that is going on? It is just a shame that more people don't play this game at the same time.

Maurice X, I know what you mean regarding F355! i have Forza, yet I still play F355 more than Forza. It is amazing to look at the quality of a game which is 5 years old and still stands up against recently released games!

Well all you that have read this and never play F355, get practicing and meet some of us online! i have been guilty of not attending as many races as I used to, but time has been a problem lately.

This game won't be around for ever, so those of you that never tried it online ought to make the effort!

Kizzy

Impulse921
rank 5
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:02 pm
quote : #25
Kizzy, I was one of those new racers I guess you could say Very Happy . I've played online before but, only a few times during the summer. I should be at the wednesday meets every week.

maurice x
rank 7
Posted:
Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:42 pm
quote : #26
mmm i was wondering where you were! you started playing early, the wednesday meeting starts at 11pm uk time, although from 1st of November it will be 10pm uk due to day light saving.

Le Spank
rank 12
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:35 am
quote : #27
Here's hoping this server isn't permanent. This game of all the Dreamcast online games seems to have the most fanatical fans, the community without the bi-weekly meets and monthly championship night just wuldn't be the same.

Kizzy
rank 9
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:17 am
quote : #28
maurice x wrote:
mmm i was wondering where you were! you started playing early, the wednesday meeting starts at 11pm uk time, although from 1st of November it will be 10pm uk due to day light saving.

Maurice X, Sorry i have found it hard to get to your meets, I was just testing the connection yesterday and was surprised to find so many people playing?

I will try to get to your next meet mate!

Kizzy

lozz
rank 41
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:25 am
quote : #29
YESSSSSSSSSSS I AM SO PLEASED IT BACK ONLINE Smile (just got back from school) will anyone else be at the usual 9pm metting tonight?
What better time than now

All hell can't stop us now
fallout
rank 16
Posted:
Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:05 am
quote : #30
I Mr. Green