Topic: Dark Falz

Page 1 of 1
U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:16 am
quote : #1
profile : pm
Ok, I'm to Dark Falz on offline hard mode, and I keep getting my ass handed to me. As soon as I get there, I immediately get diced up by those soinning blade things. I'm a legit level 71 RAmar. Anyone got any advice?
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:30 am
quote : #2
My instant response would be level up. also tryed to scope out the perimeter and see what is going on. then build a strategy

charmed_699
rank 21
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 am
quote : #3
Heres what you should try for one is to get some scape dolls so that even if you die then you know come back to kick more ass.
Then youre a ranger right so its only pistols and all that for you so guess try to go to a spot were the spinning wheels cant hurt you and then start shooting . try to use magic that can hit the right wheel too because if you hit the ones with the darker colour then youll go on further easier. Also have resta as one of the buttons you press and I guess good luck with it . If all fails go level up but hey for more fun results come online and ill be glad to play with you and level up and even kill the hard faltz boss Smile.

Al
rank 13
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:33 pm
quote : #4
Type: PAL
Well... you don't need a higher level for that...

Just try avoiding those blades...
Run away, look for a good spot to stop and shoot them. When they're comming too close just run...
Using Resta isn't a bad thing as well.

ultrapro
unknown
Posted:
Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:11 pm
quote : #5
head to the outside of the stage, try to keep moving, only stop when you have a target. a rifle would be best being a ramar you will have good range. on hard i believe it is only 6 or so that need shooting. make sure you have plenty of health items, i always carry monomate dimate and trimates, stars are handy as well and as charmed said take a few dolls. also you have resta so you should be fine. even if you die a few times it will not take long to clear that section. at lvl 71 you should have enough health to survive his heavier attacks after the spinning blade things are gone. just keep healing.
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:34 am
quote : #6
Problem is, it puts me in the middle of them and I die very quick. even with resta and scape dolls. I never want to re-equip my weapon either as I'm afraid of losing it. Maybe I should go in with non-rares?
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:42 am
quote : #7
Type: NTSC-U/C
The best advice I can give you is to do the following.

Equip full health items:
10 Monomates
10 Dimates
10 Trimates
10 Monofluids
10 Difluids
Scape Dolls (as you can carry!!!!!)

Equip a hand gun of some sort. A varista or Raygun or something.

If you are having some serious manuverability issues between the spikey things (man i can't remember their name), then you need to equip a slot item that not many people put in high regard. You need to have some Elf Legs or something as a 5th slot item. Have it equipped coming into the battle, and after you get passed the spike things, swap it out for a defensive slot item or whatever you usually have equipped.

The Elf Legs will increase EVA, which is Evasion, and will let you run easier. Meaning you won't get "slowed down" while running in close quarters with the spikey things.

The key to this is to take your pistol and shoot 1 or 2 shots at a time, but KEEP RUNNING. Only shoot when you have a clear patch and a spikey thing in your sights. Take your time!!! Rushing will cause you to get surrounded and eventually get mauled into submission.

After this is over be sure to swap out the Legs slot item for a defensive item like a Metal Body or General Body. Also make sure your customization menu is setup to quickly access health restore items.

If you attack with ferocity and manage your health you should defeat falz.

Let us know how it goes Smile
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:21 am
quote : #8
Uhm....

Leg items raise EVP, ok... but... EVP are just for blocking enemies' attacks which doesn't work on bosses.
The only item which has an effect on your movement in a special way is general/devil/god battle (Well... it's attack speed for this one). You don't have more than FOUR slots by the way ><

Just don't use mechguns or shots here... You'd be too slow.
Rifles are quite ok but a Handgun should give you a better agility.

Concentrate on avoiding, not on killing as there's no time limit or something.

Body raises DEF which is quite useless on Falz as well because DEF reduces physical attacks.
He's using many spells which cause fire, ice or light damage as well as instant death (You'd need resist items for that).
His blade attack doesn't have an attribute; it's not a physical attack, neither a spell. It causes a certain amount of damage.
I don't know about those blades though... But I'm quite sure you can't reduce their damage.

By the way... they're called Darvants.

lordnikon
rank 87
Posted:
Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:46 am
quote : #9
Al wrote:
You don't have more than FOUR slots by the way ><

I know. I was saying carry a 5th slot item. So you have 4 equipped, in the 4 slots allowable, but swap it out with one temporarily, and then swap back. Carrying 5 slot items but using 4 at a time.

Al wrote:
Leg items raise EVP, ok... but... EVP are just for blocking enemies' attacks which doesn't work on bosses.
The only item which has an effect on your movement in a special way is general/devil/god battle (Well... it's attack speed for this one).

Yea I just looked up at PSO World:

EVP is your evasion statistic.
The higher your EVP, the less likely you are to hit by an enemy attack.
Using an evade material will raise this statistic by two points.

So does EVP make enemies miss more? Or increase chances you can "block" an attack?

Al wrote:
By the way... they're called Darvants.

Thats it! I knew it started with a D...
Smile
Posted:
Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:43 am
quote : #10
lordnikon wrote:
Yea I just looked up at PSO World:

EVP is your evasion statistic.
The higher your EVP, the less likely you are to hit by an enemy attack.
Using an evade material will raise this statistic by two points.

So does EVP make enemies miss more? Or increase chances you can "block" an attack?

Well... both in a way... If you block an attack, your enemy misses to hit.
If your enemy blocks an attack, you miss.

It looks different when playing but in fact it's the same thing: EVP versus ATA
Your attack: Your ATA vs. enemies' EVP
Enemies' attack: Your EVP vs. enemies' ATA

Well... Delsaber's shield guard, Falz' Blade Drain or those Darvants are special cases which don't follow those rules.

Sorry for that slot thing... By the way:
I'd suggest to raise your power first, maybe your magic resistance too.
You should use HP slot items if your HP are too low.
A state/maintenance (or even better a Sacred Guard if you have one) will prevent you from getting frozen or slowed down.

Suguler
rank 2
Posted:
Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:36 pm
quote : #11
GiFoie is a good technique to use against dervants. Keep moving, you will see which ones you can hit because they will be highlighted by the red marks.

State Maintenance, Sacred Guard, Resist units, God Battle are items which are handy against DF. That and a busload of mates and fluids.

The golden rule with DF is to have as many Scape Dolls as you can carry.
Posted:
Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:00 am
quote : #12
You guys have to think about the fact that if he's dying from the blades then he's going to get totally owned when he actually get's to falz's final transformation.
Posted:
Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:57 am
quote : #13
We have to take it one step at a time. He won't even get a chance to fight falz later if he can't get past the blades. We'll handle strategies for Falz's other forms when he gets to them, if he even needs help for them in the first place. Just because someone has trouble in one spot doesn't necessarily mean he'll have trouble in others.

Last edited by lordnikon on Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Posted:
Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:34 pm
quote : #14
For some people it's the most annoying part of all...

Well... I like it though Razz

U-235
rank 18
Posted:
Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:32 pm
quote : #15
Well, I haven't been playing as much PSO lately. Sort of waiting for PAL version to play and start a new character.